"The Queen Is Dead" enters UK singles chart at #85; vinyl singles chart at #1

yes, nmbr 1 at the Vinyl charts, means they the Smiths still are Legendary and Influencial.

as for why never released it in 1986, The Smiths were a singles band, only Bigmouth was released as a single [thinking abouth the Boy with the Thorn in His side] and used songs who didn't appear on the studio albums, mosltly 1 or 2...

have a great weeknd all, yesterday went shopping for a new floor /carpet and curtains ususal, and for night...3500 euro, and they come to take the real measures...

yes, nmbr 1 at the Vinyl charts, means they the Smiths still are Legendary and Influencial.

as for why never released it in 1986, The Smiths were a singles band, only Bigmouth was released as a single [thinking abouth the Boy with the Thorn in His side] and used songs who didn't appear on the studio albums, mosltly 1 or 2...

have a great weeknd all, yesterday went shopping for a new floor /carpet and curtains ususal, and for night...3500 euro, and they come to take the real measures...

Have a great weekend too celibate! :thumb:

I Know It's Over, one of Morrissey and the bands finest hours. Shivers. What a band.

the problem here is that the chart position only goes up to # 1. I feel it could have gone much much higher.

This is a very good point. If it hadn't been for HMV limiting the amount of sales, I reckon this single could have reached number 0, or -1 on the charts. Maybe even higher.

So funny, Morrissey always banked on a Dead Queen Payday but Elizardbeast hangs on to spite the gormless tosser DORRISshe

Let's just say he gambled and even delayed it with another year and the queen is still alive and kicking!
She must have taken extra vitamins, she saw it coming!

This is a very good point. If it hadn't been for HMV limiting the amount of sales, I reckon this single could have reached number 0, or -1 on the charts. Maybe even higher.

Don't know which kind of magic maths you are using but there must be something wrong here! :D
Fact is: The Smiths have a hit single in a chart going straight to the number 1 position in the first week of release. Resembling the most sold items in that week comparing it to it's competitors like for instance David Bowie who was second. Vinyl yes!
It surely pleases them all but in particular Moz!
:thumb:

The Queen Is Dead

The album spent twenty-two weeks on the UK Albums Chart, peaking at number two.
1990 ...
Certified Gold by the RIAA in late 1990
NME listing it as the greatest album of all time.
vinyl singles chart at #1
- and if even the queen was not pleased with that, well, then she was the only one... -
It is joy to look at the facts, congratulations Morrissey.
the queen is dead GIF.gif

Last edited:
Me reckon the only reason why this "vinyl single" went straight to number one is because this queen lady is close to death and it appears that a lot of you lots in the UK are looking forward to her death and of course The Morrissey Marketing Group, LTD-Beverly Hills-Los Angeles-Rancho Cucamonga has capitalized on this being that Uncle Steve is the perfect example of an American Capitalist. What you chaps in "the UK" don't realize is that since TMMG is getting your money with re-release-release of singles and the Mporium UK, it means he doesn't need to show up for a gig every 6 years in Wooverhapton or the Island of White festival.

How many do you need to sell to get number one in the vinyl singles - 2,000?

How many do you need to sell to get number one in the vinyl singles - 2,000?

A quarter of the singles on that chart have been at number one at some point. I think you just need to complain about some aspect of the release, so as to generate a news story that will be read by a few dozen people, and that will give you the edge.

I'd love to have this "rolling eyes" emoji as part of the rating system for comments.

Yeah, looks like it wasn't until Strangeways that we see 4 album tracks released as singles (probably because that was the end of the run). Makes me wonder how tracks like "Frankly, Mr. Shankly" and even more "There is a Light..." would have charted had they been released as singles in 1986?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smiths_discography#Singles

Last edited:
yeah, I would've switched some singles on the albums, and some albumtracks as singles, but I'm satisfied how it went giving the fans
singles that didn't were on the albums.

Nowhere Fast would definately be my choice for a single, as you already wrote, Frankly Mrs Shankly, and their early work Girl Afraid, all perfect as singles, but history can't be changed though I'm glad with the demoos released this year.

[sorry mistake, too quick]

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom