"The Queen Is Dead" enters UK singles chart at #85; vinyl singles chart at #1

Aright morrissey, frame that single and put it on your wall, you got it. Good job man. Today is your day, bask in it.

Number 1 in the only charts that matter anyhow nowadays, cause vinyl was, is and will be the format for good music and the only one that matters to him. :D
Good times! Hope his high spirit will contribute to the new album.
Have a party Moz!

Was it the rant? Do vinyl singles buyers just have good taste?
Does it matter?
Number one!
GQsNzUQ.jpg

You tried, David Bowie!

He'll be doubly pleased that he beat his arch-enemy David Showie. The vino will flow tonight. If we're lucky he might sign into Facebook and give us a drunken post.

Jesus Christ FINALLY.

I don't see the joy !
What's the biggy here people ?
I understand ' the numbers thing ' means so much to people like Steve but I'm surprised at the bots reactions considering their hate for all things Smiths. Reckon it only scraped Numro uno due to the shit-hit-hot-drumming and bass guitar parts that Steve and Johnny wrote for Mike and Andy !
What ! :eek:
Mike and Andy came up with them arrangements ? ? ? :guitar::brows::clap::angry:

Case dismissed your honour. Well done Mike and Andy you can hold your heads up high and be proud of the music you gave us.

In other news Edd, Adele, Rag n Bone Man, Susan Boyle, Showaddywaddy etc, etc are all laughing out very loud with embarrassment at Steve's latest minor achievement.

Poor old Stevey ! He'll only be a bots hero now.

The only person who comes out on top in all this, folks is . . . . . . . . . ? ? ? ? ? ?

Martin the 4kin snake. Well done Martin, you've played a blinder.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

P S. DON'T FORGET KIDS ! STAY WELL AWAY FROM GLASTONBURY THIS WEEKEND.
ACCORDING TO STEVE ITS NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY. (Yet he's "performed" there :laughing:)
Fkin CrankFraud.

Enjoy the weekend, the dark nights are now drawing in :(

I don't see the joy !
What's the biggy here people ?
I understand ' the numbers thing ' means so much to people like Steve but I'm surprised at the bots reactions considering their hate for all things Smiths. Reckon it only scraped Numro uno due to the shit-hit-hot-drumming and bass guitar parts that Steve and Johnny wrote for Mike and Andy !
What ! :eek:
Mike and Andy came up with them arrangements ? ? ? :guitar::brows::clap::angry:

Case dismissed your honour. Well done Mike and Andy you can hold your heads up high and be proud of the music you gave us.

In other news Edd, Adele, Rag n Bone Man, Susan Boyle, Showaddywaddy etc, etc are all laughing out very loud with embarrassment at Steve's latest minor achievement.

Poor old Stevey ! He'll only be a bots hero now.

The only person who comes out on top in all this, folks is . . . . . . . . . ? ? ? ? ? ?

Martin the 4kin snake. Well done Martin, you've played a blinder.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

P S. DON'T FORGET KIDS ! STAY WELL AWAY FROM GLASTONBURY THIS WEEKEND.
ACCORDING TO STEVE ITS NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY. (Yet he's "performed" there :laughing:)
Fkin CrankFraud.

Enjoy the weekend, the dark nights are now drawing in :(

I wish it was true.
Can't wait! Please let us have some snow.
I hate the heat, it's boring!

the problem here is that the chart position only goes up to # 1. I feel it could have gone much much higher. Why do they limit these great artists to a mere # 1 position?

;)

I'm not surprised really ...

I am a bit surprised but I truthfully misjudged the appeal that great single still had after so many years.

I hope that this appeal is positive for Moz and his new album cause indeed, great drumming, great bass, great guitar playing, but those hilarious lyrics, that voice and the overall rebellious, sarcastic but also desperate expression hit a nerve and it still does. To me. And THAT was Moz.
Despite all criticism, hostile reactions, and what not he still can pull some strings here and there!
Good for him!

I am a bit surprised but I truthfully misjudged the appeal that great single still had after so many years.

I hope that this appeal is positive for Moz and his new album cause indeed, great drumming, great bass, great guitar playing, but those hilarious lyrics, that voice and the overall rebellious, sarcastic but also desperate expression hit a nerve and it still does. To me. And THAT was Moz.
Despite all criticism, hostile reactions, and what not he still can pull some strings here and there!
Good for him!
Was it ever a single until now? I don't know that it ever was but happy to be corrected.

Was it ever a single until now? I don't know that it ever was but happy to be corrected.

I guess you are right marred!
I am stunned it never was released as a single.
Probably not accidentally so.
What was that labelboss Geoff Travis thinking? :rolleyes:
Geez!

Maybe that was the extra attraction too for charting and in the first release week going straight to number 1!
As always, I don't mind to be corrected too.
It really looks now to me Moz and the Smiths were a pain in the ass for more powerful people then supposed initially. :thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom