"The Queen Is Dead" Box Set promo items (slipmat, tote) & Joyce competition

Mike Joyce is running a competition to win a slipmat or bag:

The items have made it in to record shops too (availability unknown):

40985_tqid_tote_slipmat.jpg

40984_tqid_slipmat.jpg

40986_tqid_display.jpg

A general discussion point, but could well go in collector's corner too - looks like there's a quantity of items to collect alongside the box set.
Several IG posts would imply the items will be given away with the set - let's hope so.
Regards,
FWD.

(source: Joyce & various Instagrams).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are being a bit harsh on Mike Joyce.

Andy Rourke would of fought on but he had money troubles at the time of the court case. Mike Joyce was much more sensible with his money, he was just much better at managing his money. Mike Joyce didn't fritter his money away the way Andy Rourke did. That was why Mike Joyce was able to fight on but Andy Rourke couldn't. Andy Rourke would love to be in the same position financially as Mike Joyce is today! Andy Rourke has always wanted to be rich and famous he isn't a morally better person than Mike Joyce. In fact I think Mike Joyce is a more decent and genuine person than Andy Rourke. I don't think either Mike Joyce or Andy Rourke are totally honest, trustworthy people. Andy Rourke settled out of court for £83, 000 and then was made bankrupt by the courts around 1999. I'm guessing Andy Rourke must of been in a lot of debt.

Is there any point in buying The Smiths music anymore if all the money goes to Mike Joyce? Does some of the money go to Morrissey and Johnny Marr?

As early as March 1989, Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce started legal proceedings against Morrissey and Johnny Marr over royalties.

Look who's back! The stalker! Did you ever get the help you needed? Well, obviously not.

No danger Gannon goes back. The guy was treated like shit by the sounds of it as soon as Rourke came back.
Was it Andy Rourke who treated Craig Gannon badly? I would imagine Andy Rourke was probably very angry with Craig Gannon because he was brought in as his replacement and he might of been a bit jealous of him.

I heard that Johnny Marr wasn't that nice to Craig Gannon back in that day. I find that surprising though. But it might of been because Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke are old school friends they go way back. Maybe Johnny Marr felt some kind of loyalty towards Andy Rourke.

I think that Morrissey was nice to Craig Gannon back in the day. These days though it seems to be the other way round. Johnny Marr seems to like Craig Gannon and he regrets that he treated him badly in the past. Morrissey doesn't seem to like Craig Gannon much anymore. Maybe this is something to do money? I'm not totally sure though. I think that it was Craig Gannon who gave Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke the idea to take Morrissey to court. Craig Gannon was the catalyst the instigator.

That is my take on it anyway. I might be wrong though.

Last edited:
I think you are being a bit harsh on Mike Joyce.

Andy Rourke would of fought on but he had money troubles at the time of the court case. Mike Joyce was much more sensible with his money, he was just much better at managing his money. Mike Joyce didn't fritter his money away the way Andy Rourke did. That was why Mike Joyce was able to fight on but Andy Rourke couldn't. Andy Rourke would love to be in the same position financially as Mike Joyce is today! Andy Rourke has always wanted to be rich and famous he isn't a morally better person than Mike Joyce. In fact I think Mike Joyce is a more decent and genuine person than Andy Rourke. I don't think either Mike Joyce or Andy Rourke are totally honest, trustworthy people. Andy Rourke settled out of court for £83, 000 and then was made bankrupt by the courts around 1999. I'm guessing Andy Rourke must of been in a lot of debt.

Is there any point in buying The Smiths music anymore if all the money goes to Mike Joyce? Does some of the money go to Morrissey and Johnny Marr?

As early as March 1989, Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce started legal proceedings against Morrissey and Johnny Marr over royalties.
I really do not feel like going into this today, or ever again, to be honest. It is my opinion and nothing more. I will put this here for you to read, or for anyone else who wishes to read it. It is certainly nothing new. I know a lot of fans judge this harshly simply because it’s Morrissey’s view, but I feel Morrissey knows more about this case than any of us ever could. I also believe Marr agrees with this statement.

And by the way, I’m quite aware of when, what, where, and why...and I have nothing more to say on this subject.

https://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_051130_01

Why is that?
Because they weren't in the band, so it's a bit mental to be angry over situations that don't affect them.
The break up of The Smiths involves exactly four people. Same with the court case.
It may be sad that it worked out that way for all concerned, but I have zero stake in any of their lives.

I really do not feel like going into this today, or ever again, to be honest. It is my opinion and nothing more. I will put this here for you to read, or for anyone else who wishes to read it. It is certainly nothing new. I know a lot of fans judge this harshly simply because it’s Morrissey’s view, but I feel Morrissey knows more about this case than any of us ever could. I also believe Marr agrees with this statement.

And by the way, I’m quite aware of when, what, where, and why...and I have nothing more to say on this subject.

https://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_051130_01
Thank you for your reply. I'm very much on Morrissey side always and I'm even on Johnny Marr's side when it comes to this issue.

I just think people are naive about Andy Rourke because he also has a part to play in this. Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke are friends they work together!

People are mistaken if they think Andy Rourke doesn't care about The Smiths' money/royalties. Andy Rourke does care very much about the money. This is taken from an Andy Rourke interview see below:

But young people come in with the Smiths T-shirts on. Does that shock you?

Andy Rourke: "It does because I never get cut in on the merchandise. For every T-shirt I see, I think, shit, I should get 25 percent of that. I’m going to walk around with scissors. Cut 25 percent of your T-shirt."

Do you talk to [former Smiths drummer] Mike Joyce?

Andy Rourke: "Yeah, all the time."

It was NOT out of the kindness of Andy Rourke's heart or a love for Morrissey that he settled out of court for £83, 000 it was because he was in financial difficulty at the time. Not long after Andy Rourke accepted the out of court settlement he was declared bankrupt by the courts so he must of been in a lot of debt. My point is Andy Rourke didn't accept the out of court settlement because of some kind of loyalty or love for Morrissey it was because he was in financial difficulty!

Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke are good friends. Johnny Marr seems to be friends with Andy Rourke again these days because they are old school friends they go way back. Johnny Marr doesn't seem to like Mike Joyce at all though anymore because of the court case. Morrissey doesn't like Mike Joyce or Andy Rourke at all anymore because of the court case. Morrissey and Johnny Marr still seem to get on I think they still have some sort of a friendship.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I'm actually on Morrissey and Johnny Marr's side.

I just think people are naive about Andy Rourke because he also has a part to play in this. Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke are friends they work together!

People are mistaken if they think Andy Rourke doesn't care about The Smiths' money/royalties. Andy Rourke does care about the money. This is taken from an Andy Rourke interview see below:

But young people come in with the Smiths T-shirts on. Does that shock you?

Andy Rourke: "It does because I never get cut in on the merchandise. For every T-shirt I see, I think, shit, I should get 25 percent of that. I’m going to walk around with scissors. Cut 25 percent of your T-shirt."

Andrea - if you keep going on about Andy Rourke again, I'm going to ban you, just like on previous occasions. You have been warned.

Look who's back! The stalker! Did you ever get the help you needed? Well, obviously not.

So, you believe this person needs some kind of help and the best you can do is draw attention to them on a forum and name call them?
Not very nice.At all.

Had been looking for these for my iTunes since release date, and thought others may want them too.

TQID1_zpsdv3ih6ms.jpg

TQID2_zps4r7ivfgu.jpg

TQID3_zpsziqxqwuu.jpg

Also made this one for the 10 live tracks made available through youtube/spotify in the lead up to release date.

TQID4_zpsqjib8aey.jpg

Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom