"The Queen Is Dead" 12" vinyl (2017, Warner Bros. UK) listed on Discogs - Help needed

hello there everyone
I need help with this release
I have a copy and a few copies to sell
These are proper, legitimate Warner releases
and still i find ZERO info on any website, forum, anywhere
I have practically checked everything and found no info whatsoever
which seems very strange indeed....
anyone knows about this? maybe someone also has a copy????
mail me or write here, ok?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-The-Queen-Is-Dead/release/9690729
[email protected]

39579_queen_is_dead_single_sleeve.jpg

Tracklist
A1 The Queen Is Dead 6:05
B1 Oscillate Wildly 3:26
B2 Money Changes Everything 4:10
B3 The Draize Train 5:08

39580_queen_is_dead_single_2.jpg

39581_queen_is_dead_single_3.jpg

39582_queen_is_dead_single_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mystery solved. Its fake, from the horses mouth. Ross Norman spoke to Morrissey on the phone, and he can confirm beyond any doubt that this item is fake.

Mystery solved. Its fake, from the horses mouth. Ross Norman spoke to Morrissey on the phone, and he can confirm beyond any doubt that this item is fake.

Even if this were true, who cares what someone as devious and unreliable as Morrissey says? Or were you one of those ones suckered by his 'no more shows in the UK' statement a couple of years back? :lbf:

Even if this were true, who cares what someone as devious and unreliable as Morrissey says? Or were you one of those ones suckered by his 'no more shows in the UK' statement a couple of years back? :lbf:
I think Morrissey would be very reliable in this situation, if this is a cancelled release he would be guaranteed to say it wasn't. If he's not earning any money on something he would say anything to stop people buying it. He has to earn, or you don't buy with his blessing.

Do I have to point out the obvious, I was taking the piss!

I agree I don't think anyone would be savvy enough to use a fake Optimal cat number in the run out groove, or why it would anything to the product.

@AztecCamera

Sorry, what? You 'trolled' me on a post / thread that i added a comment to that you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, because, let me guess, i 'pressed troll' on one of your horrendously ironic / comedic posts where you pretend to take the piss out the British or whatever you do (it's so badly done that i have no idea what point you are trying to get across), and hope that one or two people on here tag along (which they don't). You have been trying for months, maybe years now to get attention, give it up, you will never be BTBB no matter how hard you try, it's pathetic. You don't have the intelligence or the wit.
Every time i give you a 'dislike' or a 'troll', you desperately search for one of my comments and leave the same thing. I am sure there are hundreds of people on this site that you think you are "hilarious", but honestly, i think you're a prick.
Grow up and get a f***ing life.

It is a genuine Warners product, it's still on their wholesale database under that barcode and catalogue number.

I've no idea about the how and why some got out early though, nor if it will actually be released. Wait until RSD releases are announced, that's the most likely avenue for it to come out.

If it is fake, then surely whoever made them must have made more than the handful that seem to exist. Only 8 people on Discogs claim to own one. That can't be economical. So where are the rest?

If it is fake, then surely whoever made them must have made more than the handful that seem to exist. Only 8 people on Discogs claim to own one. That can't be economical. So where are the rest?

Someone had 13 made, sold them all within a week at EUR 80 each, made a quick 'killing' and decided not to order/sell anymore.
Yeah, this must be a fake alright...
LOL

Nothing on that list not even the seven inch. Some good stuff though

Bottom line is, until this is proven to be official then we should treat it as a fake. Dodgy spreadsheets, clueless sellers, mismatching dates and matrix info, no ones ever heard of it apart from a guy in Hungary who claims even Warner knew nothing about it. Everyone who believed in this item said, wait till RSD it will deffo be on there. Well it's not on RSD. The seller had more than 13 copies, he just brought a halt to selling on Discogs due to heat he was getting on here. I saw him listing copies for 100euro on Discogs, so yes, it is a decent money spinner.

The Linder Sterling record sounds interesting.
The record store day release was just people fitting the record to details that helped validate it for themselves. That doesn't mean it's fake, that just means people seek explanations that seem to help make sense. A record made and scheduled for release late last year (to capitalise on the 30th anniversary) isn't really something that was going to appear on the 22nd of April this year.
The mysterious Warners reps that can divulge intricate details involving Johnny Marr preventing release or people who can magically look at Warners order catalogues and report about the status of something only offered in one part of Europe.... well it's all a bit iffy. Not everyone will consider fakery simply to make money - look at this site to see a vast array of loons who revel in lying, faking, trolling et al...
The most sensible approach has always been healthy skepticism - people that can't manage that or that cling to blind faith probably shouldn't be spending lots of cash on dubious collectables - by the way, I still have a bridge I'd like to sell you... :)
Time will tell - just not Record Store Day.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
That Evan dando looks nice as I love that album. So does the gram parsons, Ben folds, balance and composure and Jason isbell. Germs and the wipers also look cool

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom