"The Queen Is Dead" 12" vinyl (2017, Warner Bros. UK) listed on Discogs - Help needed

hello there everyone
I need help with this release
I have a copy and a few copies to sell
These are proper, legitimate Warner releases
and still i find ZERO info on any website, forum, anywhere
I have practically checked everything and found no info whatsoever
which seems very strange indeed....
anyone knows about this? maybe someone also has a copy????
mail me or write here, ok?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-The-Queen-Is-Dead/release/9690729
[email protected]

39579_queen_is_dead_single_sleeve.jpg

Tracklist
A1 The Queen Is Dead 6:05
B1 Oscillate Wildly 3:26
B2 Money Changes Everything 4:10
B3 The Draize Train 5:08

39580_queen_is_dead_single_2.jpg

39581_queen_is_dead_single_3.jpg

39582_queen_is_dead_single_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aah yes my form box was to small I only saw 12 inch- limit, LOL I assumed limited edition.

All looks, feels and sounds real. But it's amazing what they can do these days.

Provenance is all that is being sought - the behaviour of sellers with a few records that become more, disappearing ebays, vast price hikes et al did them no favours.
It really isn't an earth shattering thing to want proof of something's validity - so why would humour even be attached to finding out if it is real?
I'm happy to be wrong - pretty sure I established that from the outset.
Still don't like the date being 2017 for something that is now asserted to be for Black Friday, 2016 Record Store Day.
But hey, what do I know...
Yawn,
FWD.

Last edited:
Yes, becoming a bit bored of the debate now. Until someone with real insider knowledge speaks, we could all be debating back and forth forever.

It's a nice-looking bit of art, if nothing else. That'll do for me for now.

Maybe someone should tweet at marr with a question. He's answered people in the past

Provenance is all that is being sought - the behaviour of sellers with a few records that become more, disappearing ebays, vast price hikes et al did them no favours.
It really isn't an earth shattering thing to want proof of something's validity - so why would humour even be attached to finding out if it is real?
I'm happy to be wrong - pretty sure I established that from the outset.
Still don't like the date being 2017 for something that is now asserted to be for Black Friday, 2016 Record Store Day.
But hey, what do I know...
Yawn,
FWD.

My last post was not aimed at you, it was a thought that sprung to mind and I decided to comment in general...
I thought you were done a long time ago, so would not contemplate directing posts at you, it would be pointless.

Yawn indeed.

I'll be done when I'm done - it's that darn free will thing.
Discussion forum has a clue in the name.
I, too, have no interest in rattling antlers with you. I will, however, engage with what I wish, how I wish in this delightful crèche.
Regards,
FWD.

I'll be done when I'm done - it's that darn free will thing.
Discussion forum has a clue in the name.
I, too, have no interest in rattling antlers with you. I will, however, engage with what I wish, how I wish in this delightful crèche.
Regards,
FWD.

Nothing wrong with discussing ad infinitum, nothing at all.
It is the closing of every other post on a single thread with either, yawn, I'm done with this, I'm bored with this, etc that makes you look rather silly.

Nothing wrong with discussing ad infinitum, nothing at all.
It is the closing of every other post on a single thread with either, yawn, I'm done with this, I'm bored with this, etc that makes you look rather silly.
If you are going to attempt to quote me in here and then twist things to suit your agenda - so be it. That said, there is one yawn, one I'm done and many, many not at all as you describe - every other? Dear me. Subtle attempts to label my behaviour with only text to substantiate it (text which doesn't support your view as my asides are not how you presented) is probably sillier than yawning.
Now I'm off (for the record : meaning 'going' not 'I'm never commenting on this again' or 'I'm tired of it').
FWD.

If you are going to attempt to quote me in here and then twist things to suit your agenda - so be it. That said, there is one yawn, one I'm done and many, many not at all as you describe - every other? Dear me. Subtle attempts to label my behaviour with only text to substantiate it (text which doesn't support your view as my asides are not how you presented) is probably sillier than yawning.
Now I'm off (for the record : meaning 'going' not 'I'm never commenting on this again' or 'I'm tired of it').
FWD.

I have no agenda whatsoever, you need to lighten up a little.

If this was legit, the seller would go out if their way to prove so, in order to maximise profit.
At an arbitrary £80, they obviously just want a quick return. No harm in that, I say. It's very well designed and made, and sounds really good. Some effort has gone into this.

Now its a RSD 2016 release? even tho according to peter it only became available for pre-order in Dec 2016. Why would they scrap it mid 16' then make it available to pre-order in Dec16.
Then we have the 2017 markings which makes it more confusing. Also seller stated ''Help needed, even Warner know nothing about this record'' - Now we have people claiming their contacts at Warner confirm its legit?
I was firmly in the bootleg camp but the sleeve looks good quality to be fair, saying that i'm still not convinced either way.

Yeah I'm gonna remain skeptical until I hear someone official say something about it be it a band member or label rep

Back
Top Bottom