"The Queen Is Dead" 12" vinyl (2017, Warner Bros. UK) listed on Discogs - Help needed

hello there everyone
I need help with this release
I have a copy and a few copies to sell
These are proper, legitimate Warner releases
and still i find ZERO info on any website, forum, anywhere
I have practically checked everything and found no info whatsoever
which seems very strange indeed....
anyone knows about this? maybe someone also has a copy????
mail me or write here, ok?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-The-Queen-Is-Dead/release/9690729
[email protected]

39579_queen_is_dead_single_sleeve.jpg

Tracklist
A1 The Queen Is Dead 6:05
B1 Oscillate Wildly 3:26
B2 Money Changes Everything 4:10
B3 The Draize Train 5:08

39580_queen_is_dead_single_2.jpg

39581_queen_is_dead_single_3.jpg

39582_queen_is_dead_single_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
to be honest, I just like the look of it. Bootleg or not, i don't really care.

And if it turns out to be a record store day release, the money spent will be well worth not queuing outside in the pissing rain at 3am.

If that goes for €200, mine might go right back on sale as soon as it arrives.

Certainly hoping mine arrives tomorrow, so will post photos etc then.

Certainly hoping mine arrives tomorrow, so will post photos etc then.
Can you do a spectral analysis on the tracks? Compare them to known-to-be-lossless versions, see if there's a difference. If so, we're certain it's a bootleg.

So, Warner Bros. displays its release dates in U.K. format??
"In much of Europe, the date is written out in day/month/year format, also known as “little endian form.” Thus, July 4, 2011 would actually be known as 4/7/11 in short numerical notation." Didn't you notice the prices were in Euros? Warner Brothers is multinational and if that is a real spreadsheet it's written for people who use Euros so what you refer to as "U.K. format" is what they would use.

"In much of Europe, the date is written out in day/month/year format, also known as “little endian form.” Thus, July 4, 2011 would actually be known as 4/7/11 in short numerical notation." Didn't you notice the prices were in Euros? Warner Brothers is multinational and if that is a real spreadsheet it's written for people who use Euros so what you refer to as "U.K. format" is what they would use.
I noticed that the UPCs were issued in the U.S.

I noticed that the UPCs were issued in the U.S.
Okay, but your post makes it seem like you question the date format. "So...??" But it makes sense that an international company that is based in the US register products in the US but issue notices in the currency and date formats of the regions the notice is intended to serve.

It's fake. Real Warner records either 1) use the Warner Records logo, or 2) put the WARNER BROS. text ABOVE the logo directly, not around the rim.

Also the "Morrissey Marr Rourke Joyce" thing is a nice rhyme but is confusing (as the instruments correlate to the wrong names) if you don't work out it's a rhyme and appears nowhere else in the Smiths canon.

It's fake. Real Warner records either 1) use the Warner Records logo, or 2) put the WARNER BROS. text ABOVE the logo directly, not around the rim.

Also the "Morrissey Marr Rourke Joyce" thing is a nice rhyme but is confusing (as the instruments correlate to the wrong names) if you don't work out it's a rhyme and appears nowhere else in the Smiths canon.

This is reporting to be a Warners UK release on the sticker - so US registering isn't relevant. The UPC/EAN is not fully discernible in the pictures to see if it is being modelled on US or European code structure in the bar code - if the UPC is American, that just adds more suspicion. The product doesn't exist on any database for UPC or EAN either way.
Regards,
FWD.

It does though - on the Sweet and Tender Hooligan maxi CD, which had Morrissey-designed art (Whores in Retirement).

This is reporting to be a Warners UK release on the sticker - so US registering isn't relevant. The UPC/EAN is not fully discernible in the pictures to see if it is being modelled on US or European code structure in the bar code - if the UPC is American, that just adds more suspicion. The product doesn't exist on any database for UPC or EAN either way.
Regards,
FWD.
The barcode does seem to be American in origin as the first number of the code denotes country code and 0 is the code for America and Canada.
UPC-EAN_Overlay.png

I've just gone through some albums at home with codes from different euro countries, but all the warners ones Johnnys, The Messenger, Playland, Etc, plus the others on the Warners release sheet all have American 0 designations, so it just looks like Warners by all there barcodes in America irrespective of issue. Which to be fair it would take a pretty savvy bootlegger to realise that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom