"The Queen Is Dead" 12" vinyl (2017, Warner Bros. UK) listed on Discogs - Help needed

hello there everyone
I need help with this release
I have a copy and a few copies to sell
These are proper, legitimate Warner releases
and still i find ZERO info on any website, forum, anywhere
I have practically checked everything and found no info whatsoever
which seems very strange indeed....
anyone knows about this? maybe someone also has a copy????
mail me or write here, ok?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-The-Queen-Is-Dead/release/9690729
[email protected]

39579_queen_is_dead_single_sleeve.jpg

Tracklist
A1 The Queen Is Dead 6:05
B1 Oscillate Wildly 3:26
B2 Money Changes Everything 4:10
B3 The Draize Train 5:08

39580_queen_is_dead_single_2.jpg

39581_queen_is_dead_single_3.jpg

39582_queen_is_dead_single_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very much convinced (99%) it is real and not a bootleg, like I stated in the IG and Wordpress post, that has been posted here. Maybe something got lost in translation but my remark/comment was intended to state that according to me, it is almost certain an official release that might come out someday or might have been pulled at the least minute.

But arguing here seems pointless, so I let everyone else made up their minds about it and leave it to that.

If anyone wants to see more and/or specific pictures let me know. I will post some here. (I only have an iPhone and can only take pictures during evening, so I have to use artificial light, before that gets a point for argument)

It was pulled from a Nov 16' release but the seller managed to pre-order it Dec 16' - makes no sense. Makes no sense that it's got 2017 markings. This will not be released anywhere in the future, because it's not real. You's are being fooled, if you own a copy you are going to be biased, rather tell yourself its genuine than feel like a mug who's bought a fake.

12QID2017 - I don't think I have one release in my music collection that includes the year within the catalogue number. Or maybe I do but I can't be bothered looking.

a8vSBno.jpg

I don't think he would have signed my copy if it wasn't real.

Attention moderators,
this post(as of now post #180) really should be moved to the thread 'MODERATOR HIJACKS POSTS !!!'
which is a thread that's about moderators moving posts foisting a thread upon someone & also judging that some posts are 'off topic' to them when no one else complained about the posts by using the rating system, it is also about fake autographs/forgeries.

ah... the devil will find work for a steady hand to do ! ;)

Last edited:
12QID2017 - I don't think I have one release in my music collection that includes the year within the catalogue number. Or maybe I do but I can't be bothered looking.
Indeed.
This all starts from a Russian record site that archived a spreadsheet reporting to be from Warners (oldrecord.ru).
This sheet specifically denotes 0190295905347 & 0190295905293 as LTD edition 12" & 7" PICTURE discs.
A Hungarian record shop 'Lemezkucko' listed the 12" record as a picture disc on 4th of Nov (no ref to the 7") with the same barcode. Around this time Media Markt lists both records as LTD editions minus the picture disc part and lists them as SIRE products - although clearly sold in by Warners and 'copyright' Warner Music UK and use the old full album cover for both listings.
The 'scanned' barcode is asserted by the Discogs listing to resolve to the record - yet neither barcode resolve anywhere (they don't exist on any barcode DB).
From there, we've got to a point where a few copies have turned in to a dozen and a different person has sourced one from elsewhere (both sources in Hungary) and now there is a copy on Ebay and listed in a way to give no buyer any confidence that it is real.
Quip away - I'm still happy to be wrong.
FWD of the yard.

Last edited:
Indeed.
This all starts from a Russian record site that archived a spreadsheet reporting to be from Warners.
This sheet specifically denotes 0190295905347 & 0190295905293 as LTD edition 12" & 7" PICTURE discs.
A Hungarian record shop 'Lemezkucko' listed the 12" record as a picture disc on 4th of Nov (no ref to the 7") with the same barcode. Around this time Media Markt lists both records as LTD editions minus the picture disc part and lists them as SIRE products - although clearly sold in by Warners and 'copyright' Warner Music UK and use the album cover for both listings.
The 'scanned' barcode is asserted by the Discogs listing to resolve to the record - yet neither barcode resolve anywhere (they don't exist on any barcode DB).
From there, we've got to a point where a few copies have turned in to a dozen and a different person has sourced one from elsewhere (both sources in Hungary) and now there is a copy on Ebay and listed in a way to give no buyer any confidence that it is real.
Quip away - I'm still happy to be wrong.
FWD of the yard.

Damn !! first the U.S. elections! and now this Smiths record! I knew Putin was behind this ! :mad: ;)

I think the word counterfeit is more appropriate for this release if it is not real. Bootlegs never present to be from the real records label. They are happy to be from a fake label like "Hand Made" or "Pigs Fly". Counterfeit records are the ones that pretend to be official. Much like the Russian releases or the Polish flexi disc.

Attention moderators,
this post(as of now post #180) really should be moved to the thread 'MODERATOR HIJACKS POSTS !!!'
which is a thread that's about moderators moving posts foisting a thread upon someone & also judging that some posts are 'off topic' to them when no one else complained about the posts by using the rating system, it is also about fake autographs/forgeries.

ah... the devil will find work for a steady hand to do ! ;)

It's not a fake autograph though. It's an homage to Sam Estee Lauder.

but is it a real homage ?

No, it's all fake.
Anything and everything is fake nowadays.
You would have to leave this unhappy planet and see it from a distance to realize what is real.
Not that it would make you happy.
I noticed my awareness, as if it really exists, is already adjusting to that. I guess I am not the only one.
There are positive and joyful sides to it too.
A new world has begun! There are alternate facts!
New chances! Create your own world! Your own "alternate" facts!
And do with them as you please!

hello there everyone
I need help with this release
I have a copy and a few copies to sell
These are proper, legitimate Warner releases
and still i find ZERO info on any website, forum, anywhere
I have practically checked everything and found no info whatsoever
which seems very strange indeed....
anyone knows about this? maybe someone also has a copy????
mail me or write here, ok?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-The-Queen-Is-Dead/release/9690729
[email protected]

39579_queen_is_dead_single_sleeve.jpg

Tracklist
A1 The Queen Is Dead 6:05
B1 Oscillate Wildly 3:26
B2 Money Changes Everything 4:10
B3 The Draize Train 5:08

39580_queen_is_dead_single_2.jpg

39581_queen_is_dead_single_3.jpg

39582_queen_is_dead_single_4.jpg
How much are you selling for ?

According to the tracking number I was given, my copy of this is in the UK and en route to my humble abode. Expecting it to be delivered at the weekend (maybe optimistic, Royal Mail postmen can be volatile creatures).

I couldn't care less if it's genuine or a bootleg, but suppose it would be nice to know one way or the other. What checks can I do so you can all help me work out its genuine-ness?

I think this release will be readily available on the 22/04/17, I think Pita knows or at least suspects this hence the urgency in getting rid of all the copies and not saving the odd one to see what happens. They'll be £20 in April. He had a stroke of luck getting them early and has made the most of it, good luck to him.
Having said all that I just bought one of him on Discogs after he pulled the ebay listing. Just in case i'm wrong.

I was thinking the boy with the thorn would be the record store day release

I think this release will be readily available on the 22/04/17, I think Pita knows or at least suspects this hence the urgency in getting rid of all the copies and not saving the odd one to see what happens. They'll be £20 in April. He had a stroke of luck getting them early and has made the most of it, good luck to him.
Having said all that I just bought one of him on Discogs after he pulled the ebay listing. Just in case i'm wrong.

I think this release will be readily available on the 22/04/17, because...........??

Optimism is fine - let's hope.
Can't see how a record 'pulled' in 2016 for a potential 30th year acknowledgement will be resurrected for a 31st year release - with a shortened track and 3 instrumentals. Hardly a fitting tribute to The Smiths by any means.
Pulling the ebay sale just adds to doubts. Possibly they feel more comfortable selling through discogs as they clearly have less comebacks for complaints (plus bidding was low). Perhaps ebay was a bit too out in the open and the description has to be accurate. That said, my focus is on provenance - not questioning the seller's integrity.
Now the date has mysteriously changed in the discogs listing too - so 2017 on the record doesn't match 2016 on the listing.
As for someone being lucky to get some early, well if they were picture discs like Warners were allegedly offering as per the spreadsheet - then fine, but black vinyl wasn't being offered. A rather large mistake to make when offering goods to pre-buy as everyone's reaction would have been - where's my picture disc!?
To answer the previous question about how to know if it's real - well, Warners aren't forthcoming and I guess waiting until April is the next step as, otherwise, there is zero to substantiate it at all.
Regards,
FWD.
20170203_011729.png

Last edited:
This shit is getting tired, It's fake guys, How many warning signs do you need VS the lack of provenance. Only people falling for this are those who've bought a copy from peter. Anyone with a pair of eyes and half a brain can see it doesnt add up.

I have a friend that owns a record store and I sent him on the spreadsheet and some of the information posted here.
He contacted the Warner rep and the reply he got was : There's a listing for the 12" but the date is TBC. Nothing on the 7"

Personally I did think it was a bootleg but this changes my mind.
Hope the reps reply may help a few of you out and not add to the confusion.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom