"The Queen Is Dead" 12" vinyl (2017, Warner Bros. UK) listed on Discogs - Help needed

hello there everyone
I need help with this release
I have a copy and a few copies to sell
These are proper, legitimate Warner releases
and still i find ZERO info on any website, forum, anywhere
I have practically checked everything and found no info whatsoever
which seems very strange indeed....
anyone knows about this? maybe someone also has a copy????
mail me or write here, ok?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-The-Queen-Is-Dead/release/9690729
[email protected]

39579_queen_is_dead_single_sleeve.jpg

Tracklist
A1 The Queen Is Dead 6:05
B1 Oscillate Wildly 3:26
B2 Money Changes Everything 4:10
B3 The Draize Train 5:08

39580_queen_is_dead_single_2.jpg

39581_queen_is_dead_single_3.jpg

39582_queen_is_dead_single_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
https://donotconsideryourselffree.wordpress.com/

"
The Queen is Dead

This might be the weirdest Smiths record of all time. Only time will tell.

This was annonced on the Warner Bros records schedule for late 2016. But it didn’t happen. Until somewhere last week it did show up in Hungary. But with the release year set to 2017 on the sleeve. Weirdly enough only in Hungary, I didn’t see it for sale anywhere else.

Thanks to a good friend I managed to score a copy. Based on having this in my hand it definitely is the announced 12″ single and it is definitely a legit release. The a-side has a slightly shorter version of The Queen Is Dead and the b-side are the three instrumental tracks that can be found on previous released singles. The sound quality is superb.
So either this is a release that will come out officially someday soon or this release was pulled at the last minute and a few copies slipped out."

This looks awesome, i want one. Seller, you got any more? :tears:

I have no desire to go back to 2009 to be honest.
Let's just leave it at this, I believe it's genuine, you believe it's fake.
Either I have paid EUR 80 for a record that will be widely available in a few weeks/months for around EUR 15, or for a record that will be incredibly difficult to get hold of in the future. The 'loss' in this case is EUR 65, and in the very worst case, if you happen to be correct, EUR 80. Hardly a life changing sum.
I believe the record is 100% genuine and on this basis was prepared to 'risk' EUR 80, simple as that really.
I don't collect records and Smiths/Moz memorabilia for their monetary value, or as an investment, in case this isn't clear to anyone here.
I don't believe the monetary value of this specific record has been discussed by myself once nor does it interest me - I've paid more for worse myself. I said continually I am happy to be wrong about it being a fake - put words in someone else's mouth. I am questioning its validity based on the vagueness of it all (picture disc, few copies turns into 11, dates, other sources etc).
You were refered to 2009 as your Revelation 'just to remind you' was erroneous - it didn't happen the way you asserted.
Anyway, I am done here.
Regards,
FWD.

I don't believe the monetary value of this specific record has been discussed by myself once nor does it interest me - I've paid more for worse myself. I said continually I am happy to be wrong about it being a fake - put words in someone else's mouth. I am questioning its validity based on the vagueness of it all (picture disc, few copies turns into 11, dates, other sources etc).
You were refered to 2009 as your Revelation 'just to remind you' was erroneous - it didn't happen the way you asserted.
Anyway, I am done here.
Regards,
FWD.

I thought you were 'done' (or words to that effect) on post #76 actually.

I have no desire to go back to 2009 to be honest.
Let's just leave it at this, I believe it's genuine, you believe it's fake.
Either I have paid EUR 80 for a record that will be widely available in a few weeks/months for around EUR 15, or for a record that will be incredibly difficult to get hold of in the future. The 'loss' in this case is EUR 65, and in the very worst case, if you happen to be correct, EUR 80. Hardly a life changing sum.
I believe the record is 100% genuine and on this basis was prepared to 'risk' EUR 80, simple as that really.
I don't collect records and Smiths/Moz memorabilia for their monetary value, or as an investment, in case this isn't clear to anyone here.

'I don't collect records and Smiths/Moz memorabilia for their monetary value, or as an investment'

Hi IR,
I use to collect and have some goodies in my bag, but have stopped a long time ago. So I was just wondering why you do collect then?

And how does the purchase of this real or bootleg record fit in with your reason for collecting M/Smiths records,etc?

just curious, :) kS

Not attempting to influence the fake/genuine discussions about this particular record in any way but little mistakes and typos on official releases aren't particularly rare, as any serious collector of The Smiths knows well. Even Warners have been known to miss the odd howler (or three). Remember the monstrosity that is 'The Very Best Of The Smiths' CD from 2001.

As Stephane put it on his ever reliable 'Passions...' website:

http://passionsjustlikemine.com/disc/verybestof-c.htm

Looks real to me but who cares? I bet Warners screwed up by sending some to Hungary when they should've been warehoused or destroyed.

Anyway, I'd rather hear new tunes rather than re-issued and re-packaged songs.

'I don't collect records and Smiths/Moz memorabilia for their monetary value, or as an investment'

Hi IR,
I use to collect and have some goodies in my bag, but have stopped a long time ago. So I was just wondering why you do collect then?

And how does the purchase of this real or bootleg record fit in with your reason for collecting M/Smiths records,etc?

just curious, :) kS

The best way I can describe it is as some form of mental illness. :)

I wasn't wrong, I was confused and I have acknowledged it by saying 'I stand corrected'.
Does fake really mean fake? Does done ever mean done?
Sigh, you see the smiley face?
I will stop discussing in a discussion forum when I choose.
I can say I'm done and not be if I feel like it - free will is a great thing.
Feel free to ignore me - it may help.
Given some of the levels of communication on this site, I think this is relatively tame.
Go with God,
FWD.

Sigh, you see the smiley face?
I will stop discussing in a discussion forum when I choose.
I can say I'm done and not be if I feel like it - free will is a great thing.
Feel free to ignore me - it may help.
Given some of the levels of communication on this site, I think this is relatively tame.
Go with God,
FWD.

I never said it wasn't tame, it is all very polite and civilised as far as I can tell.
I could say the same though, feel free to ignore me, perhaps then you can really be 'done'.
I'd rather not go with god though, I am not a believer.

The best way I can describe it is as some form of mental illness. :)

I think I understand. When ever I go and pull out my collection with the intention to sell some of it, I just can't do it ! :lbf: they are such little works of art, and I guess an attachment to ones youth, don't know, yea... mental ! :) Regardless if this record is a boot or not, still an interesting record to have in ones collection especially if it doesn't get a proper release. It was a good buy.

I think I understand. When ever I go and pull out my collection with the intention to sell some of it, I just can't do it ! :lbf: they are such little works of art, and I guess an attachment to ones youth, don't know, yea... mental ! :) Regardless if this record is a boot or not, still an interesting record to have in ones collection especially if it doesn't get a proper release. It was a good buy.

Lay, I think he says lay (as in the poetic form). ;)

Some people asked the seller on Discogs 'bout the possibility of the album being an original release and he comfirms that it's.
A man, a suppously buyer, said the record looks like a original one and not a bootleg.

It's difficult to believe in anything when Morrissey or Marr do not say a word on this thing.

Lay, I think he says lay (as in the poetic form). ;)

ha! then you know where I was going with that.

Sounds interview, June 1988:
Sounds: Did [you] really sing, "It was a good lay" at the end of "Suedehead"?
M: "No, 'It was a bootleg'. I mean, good heavens, in my vocabulary? Please..."
Sounds: Honestly?
M: "Well, have I ever been dishonest?" he laughs. "Do people think it was 'a good lay'?"
Sounds: I do.
M: "And is that quite racy?"
Sounds: Oh, yes.
M: "Well, it was actually 'a good lay'."
Sounds: And was there one?
M: "No, I just thought it might amuse someone living in Hartlepool."

The great thing about The Smiths is they were together for a very small amount of years but produced a large amount of material with barely any rubbish to speak of. I highly doubt there is much to look forward to from Warners that is worth hearing.

Well, even a person who reports to own a copy isn't too convinced.
Regards,
FWD.
View attachment 41092

I am very much convinced (99%) it is real and not a bootleg, like I stated in the IG and Wordpress post, that has been posted here. Maybe something got lost in translation but my remark/comment was intended to state that according to me, it is almost certain an official release that might come out someday or might have been pulled at the least minute.

But arguing here seems pointless, so I let everyone else made up their minds about it and leave it to that.

If anyone wants to see more and/or specific pictures let me know. I will post some here. (I only have an iPhone and can only take pictures during evening, so I have to use artificial light, before that gets a point for argument)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom