"The Queen Is Dead" 12" vinyl (2017, Warner Bros. UK) listed on Discogs - Help needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jan 25, 2017.

By Anonymous on Jan 25, 2017 at 11:54 AM
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hello there everyone
    I need help with this release
    I have a copy and a few copies to sell
    These are proper, legitimate Warner releases
    and still i find ZERO info on any website, forum, anywhere
    I have practically checked everything and found no info whatsoever
    which seems very strange indeed....
    anyone knows about this? maybe someone also has a copy????
    mail me or write here, ok?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-The-Queen-Is-Dead/release/9690729
    [email protected]

[​IMG]

Tracklist
    A1 The Queen Is Dead 6:05
    B1 Oscillate Wildly 3:26
    B2 Money Changes Everything 4:10
    B3 The Draize Train 5:08

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Ok then, this is how the story goes, in Dec 2016 Warner makes the 12'' & 7'' discs available for pre-order. Assuming they're legit, many stores all over the world would have pre-ordered them, I think it's safe to assume that. But for some reason only Pita in Hungary receives his batch. So assuming Warner fucked up in january by sending him a batch of unintended 12's, (Whoops, silly Warner), they then go ahead and send him a box full of unreleased 7'' in march (Whoops, again). Do you know how far fetched that sounds.
    2. billybu69
      billybu69
      Yes, I do it's not likely, it's really unlikely.
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Got a feeling he's selling what he can at exorbitant prices to collectors, then he'll dump the rest on record shops/eBay.

But it's a lot of effort to go to for a hoax.
    4. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      * sent him black vinyl 12"s that were listed as picture discs.
      Regards,
      FWD.
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Yes, that story is unlikely. But there is more than one alternative. They could be fakes or they could be stolen.
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Well, the jury's still out on TQID, however this is now confirmed as an official RSD release:

Smiths, The – The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Rubber Ring [7 ”] (unreleased demo versions, new artwork featuring actor Albert Finney, limited to 5000, indie-retail exclusive)

...so my guess is that these will likely be confirmed as well, and probably widely available in a month!
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Can you post the confirmation link for the Boy 7''
    8. Nikey
    9. guru_mosh
      guru_mosh
      The official Record Store Day List is out now. Next to the Smiths 7" is the following to read:

"Building towards the overall plan for the Queen Is Dead releases next year there will be a 7" single ..."

Good news, so maybe next year this obscure 12" will see an official release (maybe even a modified one).

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
    10. GMS
      GMS
      Possibly but 'The Queen Is Dead' 12" & 7" Picture Disc seem to fit the Record Store Day format better than a more general release. More likely the planned releases are expanded/box set versions of 'The Queen Is Dead' album. Why next year, though? Surely, a 30th anniversary type of release in 2016 would have been more logical. Who know's? It's probably taken this long to get everybody's agreement to go ahead.....and it would only take a moment for one of them to change their mind! :wink:
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      My picture disc arrived this morning. Sitting with seven inches in my hand as I write this. Beautiful.
    12. ordinaryboy86
      ordinaryboy86
      Pita's been dripping these out on Discogs for the last few days, selling one and relisting another soon after, i've seen half a dozen sold already. I'm not saying that's significant in any way, but baring in mind the doubt over the 12'' QID, you'd expect him to be as transparent as possible from now on. Telling certain folk he's never seen the 7'' Pic disc, then days later he has loads for sale. The sellers behavior can sometimes be more telling than the item itself, and that's one of the reason's i remain skeptical.
      • Like Like x 2
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      How expensive is it to make picture discs? It can't be cheap. And these things are professional standard. If, for example, he had 100 made and sold them for £50 each, is there much profit in that?
    14. ordinaryboy86
      ordinaryboy86
      I don't know mate, and i don't want my mild scepticism to come across as serious paranoia, but process wont be as expensive and intricate as you think. Let's have a think about how poor Hungary is, and how far £50 will take you.
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I don't really care. They're nice additions to the collection.

That said, I've been assured they're genuine and confirmation from Warners is coming soon...

But then a fake would say that, wouldn't they..?
    16. Nikey
      Nikey
      Sadly Warner Music isn't participating in the discussion here, despite they do read and follow this topic.
    17. Advice Animals
    18. billybu69
      billybu69
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      You're mad if you think he only had 13
    20. billybu69
      billybu69
      well he sold 8 on Discogs in 5 days at £70 a piece, if he had anymore he'd have sold em there, theres a want list of 104 members who have said they want a copy. So yes he said hed got 13 it sounds right as not many more showed up on ebay.