"The Queen Is Dead" 12" vinyl (2017, Warner Bros. UK) listed on Discogs - Help needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2017 (read-only)' started by Anonymous, Jan 25, 2017.

By Anonymous on Jan 25, 2017 at 11:54 AM
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hello there everyone
    I need help with this release
    I have a copy and a few copies to sell
    These are proper, legitimate Warner releases
    and still i find ZERO info on any website, forum, anywhere
    I have practically checked everything and found no info whatsoever
    which seems very strange indeed....
    anyone knows about this? maybe someone also has a copy????
    mail me or write here, ok?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-The-Queen-Is-Dead/release/9690729
    [email protected]

[​IMG]

Tracklist
    A1 The Queen Is Dead 6:05
    B1 Oscillate Wildly 3:26
    B2 Money Changes Everything 4:10
    B3 The Draize Train 5:08

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    1. celibate
      celibate
      bogus...at the Smiths time they were with Rough Trade...only Morrissey albums [first 3 studio plus Beethoven and Bona Drag] were EMI in Europe and Warner/sire/reprise in US the rest you can look on Stephane's exelent site www.passionsjustlikemine.com

well only for the ones who want to add their collection
      Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
      • Like Like x 1
    2. countthree
      countthree
      It seems Mr. L. is very busy lately.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      This is a forthcoming, yet to be released 2017 record, as you can see by the dates on the copyright - not an old record from 1986, so it would make sense that it would be on Warners, as they own the Smiths copyright these days.

What with this, the forthcoming 'Boy with the Thorn' 7" and that mysterious listing for a Smiths reunion date in Florence later this year, there certainly appears to be mysterious rumblings of "something" Smiths-wise happening this year...
      • Like Like x 2
    4. Quando quando quando
      Quando quando quando
      As I said, Mr. L can go to hell.
      Filling his pockets and misleading fans and having a laugh.
      The question that really interests me and I assume you as well, is there any chance of Moz being busy getting his new album released or was he just joking when he said it was written?
      Cheers countthree.
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      This has long been exposed as fake because the italian singer Tiziano Ferro plays a concert on the same day at the same venue and you officially get tickets for it.
    6. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      WEA/Sire - now known as WMG gained the entire back catalogue in 1992.
      Regards,
      FWD.
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Is this to be released in July as a 30 Year anniversary of the "death" of The Smiths?

Oh, has the world changed or have they changed?
    8. leedoggpimp
      leedoggpimp
      My least favorite smiths songs on one vinyl :gasp:
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I'm the seller, it was NOT manufactured in Hungary
      Unfortunately Hungary has no vinyl pressing plant at all....
      So you can start making jokes about something else

This is a perfectly legal proper Warner UK release....no idea why it came to Hungary
      but yes i have a few copies and will sell them for a proper money on Discogs....
      I do not think it is against any laws....right?

Maybe this comes out later on and then it will not be hugely rare or expensive
      but then again this whole thing may disappear and then it shall be one of the
      holy grails of Smiths stuff, don't you think people??
    10. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      No issue with it being sold by yourself. The issue is many fold in light of recent fakes, rumours, records not happening etc... The picture disc and other release I linked to are also in Hungary - which just adds to the oddity. Why only there can you find the items linked to?
      I wouldn't personalise speculative discussion here as there will be lots of it. As for legalities - that would depend on how you came about something that doesn't yet appear to be for sale and given the lack of Hungarian pressing plants and Hungary not being synonymous with early record releases of UK records - well, it just adds to its mystique.
      The good will out.
      Regards,
      FWD.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      This is completely fake !!
      Since when Warner Chappell Artemis Music Ltd and Universal Music have merged?
      They are 2 different record companies. And Universal never got the Smiths back catalogue.
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      It's Universal Music PUBLISHING, it concerns the publishing rights of one of the artists.
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Difficult to imagine M sanctioning the use of Joyce's name on the sleeve
    14. Musician
      Musician
      If he played on the songs, who should be noted on the sleeve?
    15. Honest Voice
      Honest Voice
      I cant understand why all the instrumentals on B'side ?
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    16. celibate
      celibate
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      If it was a Warners release, why wouldn't they have their logo somewhere on the sleeve?
    18. Musician
      Musician
      ***UPDATE****

the intro is chipped off in TQID. This is why it's shorter than the album version.
    19. Sarcasmos
      Sarcasmos
      screenshot_20161129_180942.jpg hi_2008_thesoundof_1.jpg
      They aren't on these
    20. dsav
      dsav
      "I urged Warner UK to issue a special 'The Queen Is Dead' single release for the first week of June ... but ... brick wall." Morrissey on True To You, May 13, 2016

Looks like he's finally broken through the wall, but why clip the intro. I guess it makes sense in the context of using the song as a single, something of a "radio edit," but it's 2017. Surely Warner can't be expecting radio DJs to dust off their turntables and spin this "new" release to the top of the charts.