"The Queen Is Dead" 12" vinyl (2017, Warner Bros. UK) listed on Discogs - Help needed

hello there everyone
I need help with this release
I have a copy and a few copies to sell
These are proper, legitimate Warner releases
and still i find ZERO info on any website, forum, anywhere
I have practically checked everything and found no info whatsoever
which seems very strange indeed....
anyone knows about this? maybe someone also has a copy????
mail me or write here, ok?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-The-Queen-Is-Dead/release/9690729
[email protected]

39579_queen_is_dead_single_sleeve.jpg

Tracklist
A1 The Queen Is Dead 6:05
B1 Oscillate Wildly 3:26
B2 Money Changes Everything 4:10
B3 The Draize Train 5:08

39580_queen_is_dead_single_2.jpg

39581_queen_is_dead_single_3.jpg

39582_queen_is_dead_single_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Linder Sterling record sounds interesting.
The record store day release was just people fitting the record to details that helped validate it for themselves. That doesn't mean it's fake, that just means people seek explanations that seem to help make sense. A record made and scheduled for release late last year (to capitalise on the 30th anniversary) isn't really something that was going to appear on the 22nd of April this year.
The mysterious Warners reps that can divulge intricate details involving Johnny Marr preventing release or people who can magically look at Warners order catalogues and report about the status of something only offered in one part of Europe.... well it's all a bit iffy. Not everyone will consider fakery simply to make money - look at this site to see a vast array of loons who revel in lying, faking, trolling et al...
The most sensible approach has always been healthy skepticism - people that can't manage that or that cling to blind faith probably shouldn't be collecting - by the way, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you... :)
Time will tell - just not Record Store Day.
Regards,
FWD.

I'm not saying it is fake for certain, how do any of us know for sure either way. But its safer to assume it is for the time being, until proved otherwise, being there's nothing at all to validate it as yet.

That Evan dando looks nice as I love that album. So does the gram parsons, Ben folds, balance and composure and Jason isbell. Germs and the wipers also look cool

Germs and Wipers are on my want list too, but they might be around 17,50 euro each.

To fuel the discussion, look what my local record store got in. On a 7" picture disk.

MOZ7A.jpg
MOZ7B.jpg

Run-time of 6:05 for TQID, same as the one on the 12" (with the Dear Old Blighty... intro clipped off).

To fuel the discussion, look what my local record store got in. On a 7" picture disk.
Thank you for this.
Don't you work in a record shop in the Netherlands? You had the 12" sent to you from Budapest, but your local record shop got the 7" picture disc. I hope you will appreciate how that sounds to some.
Assuming that validates the 7" part of last year's spreadsheet code, the 12's being black vinyl (despite the 7" clearly managing a picture) are now even odder (cue the perfectly rational explanations). I Keep Mine Hidden as a Bside is obviously a little odd too...given it was from a different session and time period.
Let's hope Warners remembers how to do capitalism and sell records to other parts of the world.
Still happy to be wrong.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I know how it looks/sounds to some.

I also decided to contact some second degree contacts (LinkedIN) within Warner records, so hopefully they can clearify something.

So now we have a fake 7" picture disc to match a fake 12" (manufactured in huge money spinning quantities, ie 13)?
I can't believe just how intricate these bootleggers are getting these days.
The thick plottens.

I should add: there's another 'record store owner' on discogs now saying that they contacted Warners and it's fake - the entire opposite of another person with Warners connections...
Regards,
FWD.

For God's sake.
Then we have just another fake.

The guy who sells it should be banned from Discogs...
I'm really impressed Morrissey didn't say a thing about it.

MOZ7A.jpg
MOZ7B.jpg

So these were available for sale in your local record shop? Any more info....How many copies did they have, what was the retail price, Name of the Store?

Cheers

MOZ7A.jpg

Looking at this photo, I think it's interesting to see how the font on THE SMITHS and The Queen Is Dead has reverted back to the one used on the original release and the word Is has now been correctly capitalised.
Perhaps it was the font, the use of lower case on the i and the unsightly 45 RPM logo that prompted someone to abort the release of the 12".

but why has this just randomly appeared in some record store, with no mention or sign of it anywhere else.

Looking at this photo, I think it's interesting to see how the font on THE SMITHS and The Queen Is Dead has reverted back to the one used on the original release and the word Is has now been correctly capitalised.
Perhaps it was the font, the use of lower case on the i and the unsightly 45 RPM logo that prompted someone to abort the release of the 12".

I have 5, 12 inch promotion singles from The Queen Is Deaf with blue/green front picture of queen Elizabeth wearing an hearing aid.
Inclusive with Take Me Back To Dear Old Blighty.
Sound quality is perfect.
Moz says something after "with a sponge and a rusty spanner" that sounds like "and a wet plimsol".
Do you think it is worth anything or have I been tricked?

but why has this just randomly appeared in some record store, with no mention or sign of it anywhere else.

You might want to read this topic again. Since I already mentioned my local record store tried to order them both, late last year.

Which local record store?

The Local Record Store.
It's the name and the last one this side of the ocean.
Sorry, I know this is deadly serious business but there is a comical side to the mythical proportions and I think it's funny in a way.

Where did you get the 7" pic disc please?

Which local record store?

The Local Record Store.
It's the name and the last one this side of the ocean.
Sorry, I know this is deadly serious business but there is a comical side to the mythical proportions and I think it's funny in a way.

I asked the owner of the shop to post the details here, he was okay with it.
He doesn't have copies for sale at the moment, but he did order more and still has the 12" in back order from back in late 2016. Mind you these have been ordered 3 months ago and just showed up.

He got these copies from his distribution and ordered them of the official Warner list provided by his distributor. Just like the Warner list, he also gets a regular excel list from Universal and Sony. Those list NEVER contains any bootlegs/counterfeits etc, just the official release from the labels.

Still haven't heard back from my contact at Warner Benelux with any details.

MOZ7sticker.jpg

Last edited:
Out of interest, is the matrix number in the dead wax 2016QID or 2017QID like the packaging?
Cheers,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom