Morrissey Central "THE PULL OF THE EARTH" (January 12, 2023)

jeff-beck-1985-portrait-billboard-1548.jpg

Jeff Beck, who played guitar on Morrissey's "Black Cloud" (from Years Of Refusal, 2009), has died.

"We are losing so many, so quickly, that it is difficult to stay sane and to keep your thoughts strong. Are we all dreaming? The greats of pop and rock music are now almost entirely wiped-out.

Jeff raised the guitar to a higher plane. Watching and listening to him play on Black Cloud … I hadn't ever seen anything like it. He turned the guitar into an adventure for everyone who listened to him. He was also very easy company, and funny, and his death is a stark message for the rest of us. I am privileged beyond words to have witnessed Jeff's greatness. But it's not enough to simply say those words. The days are darker now."

MORRISSEY.

Related item:

Yes. People die. Famous people die. And it has literally no direct relation to you, Morrissey. Regardless if he played on your album 10 years ago.

Get a grip man!

How will he go on when Nancy Sinatra dies, for shit sake? Or has she already died? Can’t be bothered to google.

MS
You are so offended by what Morrissey says yet the vile that spews from you is scary. I can't believe you have a bag that says, "Shut Up Morrissey"! You truly are his biggest fan!!! Bow to this person everyone because you can't touch her fandom.

You are so dense that you can't see giving hate and love in equal measure are the same. You didn't take me as the daft type. I guess you can't judge a book by its cover.

Still waiting for the Bowie tribute post. Wonder how he'll react when one of The Smiths passes? (Presuming he's not the first)
It’s such a terrible mess.
Its such a shame.
But this is how he wants it.

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

Celebrate good times !!!! Jeff has passed on
Ignore Morbidssey. Life goes on, feel inspired and pick up the guitar !!!!!! Pick up a percussion instrument!!!!
BE INSPIRED. BE CREATIVE.
IGNORE STEVEN MORBID MORRISSEY.
Celebrate life and take inspiration for future creation :guitar:

Benny 🇬🇧:knife:❤️

Celebrate good times !!!! Jeff has passed on
Ignore Morbidssey. Life goes on, feel inspired and pick up the guitar !!!!!! Pick up a percussion instrument!!!!
BE INSPIRED. BE CREATIVE.
IGNORE STEVEN MORBID MORRISSEY.
Celebrate life and take inspiration for future creation :guitar:

Benny 🇬🇧:knife:❤️
Pick up a pen ....

Much mightier than anything 😇😇

yeah, agree. I always thought the ending was a real missed opportunity, the song just stops. For me, if Jeff beck is in the song then let him be Jeff beck for 30 or 40 seconds, don’t just stop the song just when it sounds like he is warming up.

I know that isn’t a morrissey thing to do but it was a missed opportunity. They may as well have asked him to play the triangle….
I wonder if they did the same thing that happened when he worked with Morricone on the previous album - record loads of stuff for the track, then edit 95% of it out? Maybe somewhere there's an extended version with a 2 minute solo at the end?

You are so offended by what Morrissey says yet the vile that spews from you is scary. I can't believe you have a bag that says, "Shut Up Morrissey"! You truly are his biggest fan!!! Bow to this person everyone because you can't touch her fandom.

You are so dense that you can't see giving hate and love in equal measure are the same. You didn't take me as the daft type. I guess you can't judge a book by its cover.
Woooooo now, snowflake. You are the one who obviously gets super triggered and offended by others. I’m simply saying that Morrissey has a tendency to make celebrities deaths somehow about him. Just wait for the Lisa Marie Presley post. You will see. Until then, calm yourself and read some comforting news on foxnews.com. 😘

I don't know if he plays on the whole song, but that's definitely Beck playing the opening 20 seconds - he's got a very distinctive vibrato. That warbling ending 10 seconds sounds like him as well.

Yes, the guitar at the beginning and end sounds very distinctive, like a signature sound that he left on the song. At 2;20 there is some crazy gyrating guitar part which sticks out as well.

Woooooo now, snowflake. You are the one who obviously gets super triggered and offended by others. I’m simply saying that Morrissey has a tendency to make celebrities deaths somehow about him. Just wait for the Lisa Marie Presley post. You will see. Until then, calm yourself and read some comforting news on foxnews.com. 😘
And there he done did what I said he would done do.

Still waiting for the Bowie tribute post. Wonder how he'll react when one of The Smiths passes? (Presuming he's not the first)
Let it go, it's been 7 years... not happening. Do you mean how would he publicly react to a Smiths death? If it's Mike Joyce I'd rather he say nothing than use it as an opportunity to rehash how wronged he was by the court case.

"Lovely message, and so true," said radio DJ Tom Dunne of Morrissey's words, after playing several Jeff Beck collaborations yesterday.

I was only referring to the horrible comment about Nancy! Everyone in the world makes everything about themselves. Yet, Morrissey is the one that you gripe about? You are obsessed and I am certainly not triggered. I prefer to be recognized as apolitical, thank you.

And there he done did what I said he would done do.
But Morrissey did not go on and on about Lisa Marie like you said he would. He just said RIP? So how did he do what you said he does? Remember you said he always makes it about himself? In this post he has made no connection to himself and Lisa Marie. You were wrong. Predicting Morrissey will point out when someone dies is no prediction. When David Johanson, Nancy Sinatra, Bob Dylan and countless others pass he will make a post. Not hard to speculate.

1673735314527.png

Back
Top Bottom