The principles of Morrissey (or, what a f***ing sell out)

You shouldn't push your coprophilia on other members. It isn't very nice...or sanitary.

Ah, another one of the "stellar" solo shitheads makes an appearance. Again, at the risk of repeating myself, NOBODY. GIVES. A. SHIT. SHITHEAD. And your humorless remark is like some prissy, dry old spinster trying to be arch, and failing miserably.

Hey Skylarker, I think it a massive shame that you cannot put forward a perfectly reasonable argument with getting vile abuse in response. If people disagree why can they not state their position.
Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to disagree (I love the Morrissey who consistently makes great records) I cannot see around your position.
In my opinion I think the issue here is that we take too much notice of what pop stars say. I can't imagine Billy Fury being in this mess. Personally I blame John Lennon who was awash in his own self importance and hypocrisy.
On this site with all these threads and posts all didicated to Moz I suppose it is inevitable that we will end up disappearing up our own butts as the subject matter is so limited. But it is fun!

Ah, another one of the "stellar" solo shitheads makes an appearance. Again, at the risk of repeating myself, NOBODY. GIVES. A. SHIT. SHITHEAD. And your humorless remark is like some prissy, dry old spinster trying to be arch, and failing miserably.

Aw, so it knows more than one word to describe feces? How nice...I'm going to send you a dictionary for Christmas with the words "irony" and "hypocrite" highlighted...on second thought, maybe I should just send you a machete with the hope that you cut off your typing fingers and castrate yourself, sparing me your useless, repetitive drivel and sparing the world the burden of you ever reproducing.

I believe it's best to just like Morrissey for his lyrics/music. Not his views.
His views can sometimes contradict and even change. But he is a simple human being like the rest of us.

Is it even possible to like him for his "lyrics/music" these days?

Is it even possible to like him for his "lyrics/music" these days?

Well, I'm sure you still remember the legend who wrote all your favourites songs from the 80s, 90s and 00s.
I like Scandinavia and I think Morrissey should record it definately! That's the new road Morrissey needs to go on!

"Nobody gives a shit, shithead"....what a wordsmith.

Yeah, a regular James Joyce...

Still, this isn't the first time a The Smith's song has been used in a TV commercial. Is it suddenly more upsetting because Morrissey got paid?

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articles/00/07/17/0818210.shtml

On a somewhat related note, I recall when Sting released an album in the mid to late '90s and was falling to capture the attention of the public. He starred in and allowed one track to be used in a car commercial and the album sales took off.

So, I guess I'm back to wondering what is it that upsets fans so about this? That others may discover hs music and become fans, or that he was paid handsomely for allowing another artist to cover a twenty year old song and use it in a holiday commercial.

Yeah, a regular James Joyce...

Still, this isn't the first time a The Smith's song has been used in a TV commercial. Is it suddenly more upsetting because Morrissey got paid?

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articles/00/07/17/0818210.shtml

On a somewhat related note, I recall when Sting released an album in the mid to late '90s and was falling to capture the attention of the public. He starred in and allowed one track to be used in a car commercial and the album sales took off.

So, I guess I'm back to wondering what is it that upsets fans so about this? That others may discover hs music and become fans, or that he was paid handsomely for allowing another artist to cover a twenty year old song and use it in a holiday commercial.

All bitching and internet tough guy brawling aside, I'd say that there's really nothing wrong with him making money by selling a song of his or letting it be used in an ad.

I think that what Theo was -rightfully- incensed by was Morrissey lack of consistency. He is usually very seamless in his logic and his ethos and very uncompromising, so to allow this song to be used by a company that sells the things posted above is, well...odd, at the very least.

I doubt anyone begrudges him trying to earn a little money. It's the arbitrariness of his ethics that is being called into question here.

Aw, so it knows more than one word to describe feces? How nice...I'm going to send you a dictionary for Christmas with the words "irony" and "hypocrite" highlighted...on second thought, maybe I should just send you a machete with the hope that you cut off your typing fingers and castrate yourself,

Hilarious stuff, and all spewed forth from the keyboard that substitutes for your dick. Go you!

sparing me your useless, repetitive drivel and sparing the world the burden of you ever reproducing.

Oh. the irony. :rolleyes:

You shouldn't push your coprophilia on other members. It isn't very nice...or sanitary.

Actually, that may be the one thing he's talked about that I agree with, Viva. OK, I'm off to watch a video of GG Allin shitting onstage and eating it. Peace out!

Skylarker, you embody the whole reason I dont bother with the forums these days, it must be said you are a grade A arsehole.
What a sorry state of people, if the internet did not exist I shudder at what people like you would get up to. Signing off for good.

Skylarker, you embody the whole reason I dont bother with the forums these days, it must be said you are a grade A arsehole.
What a sorry state of people, if the internet did not exist I shudder at what people like you would get up to. Signing off for good.
Bye bye Jimm.

I'm under the impression that most, if not all, Skylarker's comments are tongue-in-cheek. I think you are taking them too seriously. I think he is witty. But maybe I am amused by his insensitive remarks because they have not been directed at me. Anyhow, I like having him around. You should stay too.

Drinks thrown onto stage in Monterey, no walk-off. And you're as likely to be shot in certain parts of Liverpool as Mexico.

Sounded an amazing gig though, looking forward to the Mexico City webcast. Think Morrissey should live there (or Cuba) for inspiration

Drinks thrown onto stage in Monterey, no walk-off. And you're as likely to be shot in certain parts of Liverpool as Mexico.

Sounded an amazing gig though, looking forward to the Mexico City webcast. Think Morrissey should live there (or Cuba) for inspiration

Facepalm

Back
Top Bottom