The Prince Appreciation Thread

raincoated lover

concrete sister
Prince_Shower.jpg

If there were ever a potential unsuccessful thread on the Moz Solo forums, I'm sure this would be it.

But I am aware of ONE other Prince fan on here (Not Right In The Head)

Are there any more???

Every time I hear Raspberry Beret I feel like all is right in the world. Strangest thing. But yes I am a fan.

Me me me!! I am a fan, huge fan tbh.
Saw him for the first time in '86 I think in Rotterdam.
Then again last year at one of the O2-shows in London + the 2 hour long after party with P performing himself!
I cry everytime I hear Purple Rain and the Beautiful Ones.
When I was 15 years old, Purple Rain was released so me and my friends listened to Darling Nikki and sang along with it, phonetically, no idea what we were singing! :D

f*** YEAH!

Prince was my first musical love; I was 11, and it was right before Purple Rain came out. I wasn't allowed to buy 1999 ("too dirty," said the parents), but when one of my aunts was approached to be an extra in Purple Rain (she was the VP of the Minneapolis bank that Prince's drummer used), everything changed and my mom also became a big fan overnight. I bought all the LPs & singles, clipped all the magazine articles, etc., and kept it up until the piece of shit known as Batman was released in 1989. That led to a long Prince hiatus, partly because I'd moved on to "alternative" music, and partly because everything I had of his was on LP, and I stopped lugging my turntable & records around every time I moved. But lately I've tried to fill in the 1990s back catalog, and it's amazing how many gems there are hidden in every album.

Sign 'o' the Times is, and always will be, his best album. :guitar:

Prince_Shower.jpg

If there were ever a potential unsuccessful thread on the Moz Solo forums, I'm sure this would be it.

Are there any more???
I love Prince (just as long as I don't have to look at him!) he is fantastic. Frequently clean the flat to his music (and get odd looks from the cat and hubby when I start dancing)

Are there any more???

THREE :guitar:

Me me me!! I am a fan, huge fan tbh.
Saw him for the first time in '86 I think in Rotterdam.
Then again last year at one of the O2-shows in London + the 2 hour long after party with P performing himself!
I cry everytime I hear Purple Rain and the Beautiful Ones.
When I was 15 years old, Purple Rain was released so me and my friends listened to Darling Nikki and sang along with it, phonetically, no idea what we were singing! :D

Me too

I remember listening to Darling Nikki on a 45 :o w/my bro and step-sis and we were all like, *giggle giggle* this is durty :p but so cutting edge! :cool:

I got into him my sophmore/junior year of HS - during Controversy. Reminds me of very good times. I've been more or less into him, altho not buying all his records, but enough to make up a good discography.

1999 is one of the best records EVER and I love the movie (and all of its videos). I've seen him twice, the first time in HS, Sheila E. opened for him, and she was fanfrickintastic-almost better than Prince ;)

Anyway, the world is forever in the debt of the Purple One - a pioneer and a musician who has continued to blaze trails. I have a lot of respect and admiration for him. He's a little dynamo, a powerhouse. All hail!

another fan here - saw him 3 times at the o2 and I was very impressed. went to one of the aftershows too, but although he was there, he didn't perform (he just watched the crowd from the side of the stage for a while).

Huge, huge Prince fan here. His last few albums (excepting 3121, which I thought was fantastic) weren't as wonderful as I would have liked, but like Bowie he's one of those rare artists who's faced with the unenviable task of competing against his own legacy every time he releases something.

It's probably been posted here before, but here's Prince working his swagga all over While My Guitar Gently Weeps (accompanied by a scowling Tom Petty). I'm not usually a fan of guitar wankery but his technical skill is jaw-dropping. I hope to get to see him live one day.

Diamonds & Pearls has been in and out of my car CD player for the past few weeks, actually. Gett Off is delicious.

Back
Top Bottom