The Post Your Eccentricities Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

What are some of your eccentricities that you'd like to share?

When I'm walking behind a stranger at night I'm sure to make a lot of noise so they don't think I'm trying to sneak up on them...

Yes, I try and do that too when walking behind someone at night.

Other eccentricities of mine include - always tapping the top of a can of soft drink 3 times before opening it - I'm ashamed to say I got this eccentric habit from the TV character Pacey from Dawson's Creek and now I find it physically/pyschologically impossible not to do.

I also cannot go to bed leaving knives out on kitchen counter-tops for fear of being stabbed in the night. I move them to the sink...and am still unsure how taking a few steps would deter a would be stabber, but somehow the act of moving them makes me feel better.

Other eccentricities of mine include - always tapping the top of a can of soft drink 3 times before opening it - I'm ashamed to say I got this eccentric habit from the TV character Pacey from Dawson's Creek and now I find it physically/pyschologically impossible not to do.

I do that too...but I didn't get it from that. Lol.

:D I have a friend you should meet. She's a Dawson's Creek Afficianado.

I obsess about my odometer. I like to catch it when it's on an even number, or sometimes if I've just missed watching it roll over, I count back the miles and imagine at what point in the road it was even. I think this stems from always having driven old cars and being trained by my dad to watch the oil pressure and temperature every few miles to be sure the old car is running okay, I glance at the odometer too. :p This was yesterday.

226550_1958089399537_1461824417_2221832_5537892_n.jpg

I eat a banana almost every day. Sometimes three bananas in one day. My family look at me like I am crazy.

Taking pictures of the freaks I see in NYC while commuting and getting a picture of them to post on my fb page....

If I had a fb page that is...

I eat a banana almost every day. Sometimes three bananas in one day. My family look at me like I am crazy.

I have odd eating habits too. I change my diet about once every 2 months but when I'm on that diet I eat the same food everyday. At the moment I'm eating this;

Breakfast: 3 Weetabix in a bowl with soya milk heated in microwave and stirred so it's like porridge (yum) and a banana

Lunch: 2 rice cakes, a babybel (small cheese) and an Alpen cereal bar (the best cereal bars as they have the least sugar in, only 62 cals and low in fat)

Snack: A can of apple slices

Dinner: Another bowl of 3 weetabix's eaten like porridge.

I've gone from about 9 stone (125lbs) to 7 stone 4 (102lbs) doing this so I would say it's been pretty successful. There have been a few minor changes throughout but not many and I have at least one day off for events like birthdays/parties, going out for meals, etc...

I am obsessed with planning what I eat in advance and I keep a diary too and have to write everything down.

I have odd eating habits too. I change my diet about once every 2 months but when I'm on that diet I eat the same food everyday. At the moment I'm eating this;

Breakfast: 3 Weetabix in a bowl with soya milk heated in microwave and stirred so it's like porridge (yum) and a banana

Lunch: 2 rice cakes, a babybel (small cheese) and an Alpen cereal bar (the best cereal bars as they have the least sugar in, only 62 cals and low in fat)

I've gone from about 9 stone (125lbs) to 7 stone 4 (102lbs) doing this so I would say it's been pretty successful. There have been a few minor changes throughout but not many and I have at least one day off for events like birthdays/parties, going out for meals, etc...

I am obsessed with planning what I eat in advance and I keep a diary too and have to write everything down.

You must have interesting evacuations..

I like to tell people I got lots of ego's, which is kinda true :D

Hmm.. Is shouting at slaughtercars and giving them the finger eccentric?

I have odd eating habits too. I change my diet about once every 2 months but when I'm on that diet I eat the same food everyday.

I do this too. Last summer I ate spinach salad for dinner every night for weeks. We're probably creative geniuses ;) because Andy Warhol and David Lynch both famously did the same thing. David Lynch ate at Bob's Big Boy for lunch and Andy Warhol was probably lying but said that he ate Campbell's Soup every day at the time he was painting the first of those.

oh get a vindaloo down ya

I am considering trying the Will_Never_Marry diet. :D

Yesterday I was watching an episode of the dog whisperer. It was one of those "awkward" episodes where the dog ate her poop. So Cesar was showing how you reward the "ignore-the poop" function in the dog's brain with a treat. THe dog, named Darcy, loved bananas as her treat. :D So the entire episode Cesar took her around with him (over the course of weeks) to different sites and he always had a banana in his pocket. I thought it was funny.

I do this too. Last summer I ate spinach salad for dinner every night for weeks. We're probably creative geniuses ;) because Andy Warhol and David Lynch both famously did the same thing. David Lynch ate at Bob's Big Boy for lunch and Andy Warhol was probably lying but said that he ate Campbell's Soup every day at the time he was painting the first of those.

Does eating salads work? I thought about changing from weetabix to salads for late lunch but don't know if it would taste as good I do quite like salads but I like them with olive oil which isn't good.

Well who looks forward to a bowl of weetabix? Its something you eat when your ravenous and have nothing else in.Fresh air is tastier.If Ive no option,its with half a stone of sugar and a pint of full fat

I actually look forward to a bowl of weetabix, I think it's really tasty. When you heat it up in the microwave it's delicious. I have it with unsweetened soya milk and I stir in LOTS of Splenda.

I couldn't eat it cold though like how most people eat it.

Back
Top Bottom