The Pet Peeves Thread

Have you read Lorrain's Monsieur de. Phocas?

I have not. I sure appreciate a time though when duels solved problems instead of courts. :p (Lorrain drew an epee with Proust! :eek:)

This guy gives an interesting review of the book.

I have not. I sure appreciate a time though when duels solved problems instead of courts. :p (Lorrain drew an epee with Proust! :eek:)

This guy gives an interesting review of the book.

I had read that blog, actually. I'd read the name Lorrain somewhere and I'd been trying to track him down for a few years when I stumbled across that review.

To see the two most flamboyantly homosexual men in Paris scrapping it out would have been a good reason to get out of bed that morning. I suspect Lorrain was angry that Proust stole the style of his moustache.

I had read that blog, actually. I'd read the name Lorrain somewhere and I'd been trying to track him down for a few years when I stumbled across that review.

To see the two most flamboyantly homosexual men in Paris scrapping it out would have been a good reason to get out of bed that morning. I suspect Lorrain was angry that Proust stole the style of his moustache.

Hey, facial hair is a big deal.

I think you're on to something. What a copycat. :p

proust.jpg

Jean_Lorrain-full.jpg

I think Proust embraced the handlebars in a more fashionable way.

Uuurgh, I don't appreciate horrible Smiths / Morrissey rip-off T-shirts.

I need mind bleach.

I don't like stalkers using twitter.

I was coming here to say how much counterfactualism annoys me, but stalkers using Twitter is probably worse unless you tweet lies to trick them, maybe?

I was coming here to say how much counterfactualism annoys me, but stalkers using Twitter is probably worse unless you tweet lies to trick them, maybe?

Oh yeah, and leaf blowers.

I hate them.

People or things being late - Unless there's a bloody good reason.

Mindless lateness rifles me something rotten.

Last edited:
Human beings eating. Any type of food. It's just disgusting when you really think about it. The whole idea of teeth, in a hole in your face, mashing away. Yuck.
I'm actually eating a sandwich right now, and I am physically repulsed by myself!
You would think we'd have come up with something better by now, what with the moon landing, cameraphones, hi-fi stereos yadayadayada....

People who wear their keys.

Lebron James; if people start showing up for Heat games, then my afternoon commute will be hellish.

People who have stinky armpits. :mad:

Government should fine and send them to have an operation.

Tags
she said sharp rob
Back
Top Bottom