The Origin Of Morrissey Dissent

M

Musician

The Brevik comment was part of Animal Liberation theory. You might not like it, but it's a whole philosophy that animal life is equal to human.

Paris thing, is one of those discussions that shouldn't have gone public. Releases are always considered around events.
Aha. So if I love animals I can tell Morrissey "its very sad what happened to your mother. But it's nothing compared to...", can't I?

Anyway - I'm sad to see the length some go to defend the inexcusable. Be it anybody. Whatever. Like I wrote, no-one will convince the other, so might as well move on.

Verso

Aha. So if I love animals I can tell Morrissey "its very sad what happened to your mother. But it's nothing compared to...", can't I?

Anyway - I'm sad to see the length some go to defend the inexcusable. Be it anybody. Whatever. Like I wrote, no-one will convince the other, so might as well move on.
The sycophants can roll their eyes all they like, but this is absolutely right. For Christ's sake, Morrissey stormed offstage in a fit when someone held up a "JOYCE 1 - MOZ 0" sign at a concert in the late-90s, but he's comfortable telling the parents of recently murdered children that it's nothing compared to KFC. He can dish it out, but he can't take it.

Nerak

Reverse Ferret

That wasn't what he said - he was saying that those deaths were awful & we should ALSO consider the deaths of animals awful because they ALSO feel pain & terror.

There would be no point trying to convince people to care about a cow if they didn't care about their own mother.

Verso

That wasn't what he said - he was saying that those deaths were awful & we should ALSO consider the deaths of animals awful because they ALSO feel pain & terror.

There would be no point trying to convince people to care about a cow if they didn't care about their own mother.
That isn't what he said. The quote was: "We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day."

You can split hairs all you want, but when every f***ing thing out of someone's mouth has to be massaged by a PR agent to make it palatable, then perhaps the issue isn't with the public's perceptive abilities.

Nerak

Reverse Ferret
The sycophants can roll their eyes all they like, but this is absolutely right. For Christ's sake, Morrissey stormed offstage in a fit when someone held up a "JOYCE 1 - MOZ 0" sign at a concert in the late-90s, but he's comfortable telling the parents of recently murdered children that it's nothing compared to KFC. He can dish it out, but he can't take it.

Verso he didn't say that. He was trying to make the concert goers think about animals in the way they think about people. He didn't say to a parent your child matters less than a chicken.

Verso

Verso he didn't say that. He was trying to make the concert goers think about animals in the way they think about people. He didn't say to a parent your child matters less than a chicken.
No, he quite literally said "that's nothing compared to what happens in McDonalds."

Nerak

Reverse Ferret
That isn't what he said. The quote was: "We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day."

You can split hairs all you want, but when every f***ing thing out of someone's mouth has to be massaged by a PR agent to make it palatable, then perhaps the issue isn't with the public's perceptive abilities.

That isn't what he said in the video. That's what was reported.

And it's not every comment - it's a handful that get endlessly repeated, sometimes even just a word. And it's not unusual in the UK tabloids once they've found an angle to trawl for.

M

Musician

That isn't what he said in the video. That's what was reported.

And it's not every comment - it's a handful that get endlessly repeated, sometimes even just a word. And it's not unusual in the UK tabloids once they've found an angle to trawl for.
As far as I know, there is no video footage of given comment from Warsaw. However, Morrissey did not deny the reports when added to his comment on True To You some days later:

""The comment I made on stage at Warsaw could be further explained this way - Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty".

So, he DID say those words. Same thing as the Speigel fiasco.

Nerak

Reverse Ferret
As far as I know, there is no video footage of given comment from Warsaw. However, Morrissey did not deny the reports when added to his comment on True To You some days later:

""The comment I made on stage at Warsaw could be further explained this way - Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty".

So, he DID say those words. Same thing as the Speigel fiasco.

The footage does exist.

What's in dispute is the assertion that he was telling parents their dead children didn't matter.

He was introducing Meat Is Murder by trying to make the audience think about animal killings the way they think about murder.

That's literally the point of the song title.

Framing makes a difference.

Nerak

Reverse Ferret
For more context - what Morrissey was trying to say is - imagine if these chickens were humans & this was reported on the news every day:

20201117_205816.jpg

20201117_205802.jpg

20201117_205829.jpg

Most people don't really care - but he does.

(From The Independent, 2018)

M

Musician

The footage does exist.

What's in dispute is the assertion that he was telling parents their dead children didn't matter.

He was introducing Meat Is Murder by trying to make the audience think about animal killings the way they think about murder.

That's literally the point of the song title.

Framing makes a difference.
This is beyond ridiculous. It's not about assertion. A grown up man made a stupid, insensitive, idiotic comment, Doesn't matter what the intention was. A comment was made.

I bet you could twist Hitler's words - what he really meant was....

But obviously people who were hurt by one of the many idiotic comments by Morrissey are all wrong. Or woke. Or brainwashed by The Guardian.

Nerak

Reverse Ferret
This is beyond ridiculous. It's not about assertion. A grown up man made a stupid, insensitive, idiotic comment, Doesn't matter what the intention was. A comment was made.

I bet you could twist Hitler's words - what he really meant was....

But obviously people who were hurt by one of the many idiotic comments by Morrissey are all wrong. Or woke. Or brainwashed by The Guardian.

It's the opposite - the tabloids chose to create a drama around comments he made at a gig that are totally in line with animal liberationist thinking & were in no way aimed at the parents of dead children.

In the exact way that they accused him of paedophilia for Reel Around The Fountain & Handsome Devil.

Saying that Meat is Murder is literally saying that killing animals to eat is the same as murder. You could interpret that as an insult to every murder victim. And get any get any number of relatives to say they're hurt by his insensitive song.

M

Musician

It's the opposite - the tabloids chose to create a drama around comments he made at a gig that are totally in line with animal liberationist thinking & were in no way aimed at the parents of dead children.

In the exact way that they accused him of paedophilia for Reel Around The Fountain & Handsome Devil.

Saying that Meat is Murder is literally saying that killing animals to eat is the same as murder. You could interpret that as an insult to every murder victim. And get any get any number of relatives to say they're hurt by his insensitive song.
Ah okay. So as an animal liberationist I can say, Morrissey's mother's death is nothing compared to what happens in KFC every day. Thank you for enlightening me.

People like you scare me.

Surface

Vegan Cro’s parents regret the condom splitting

I have no recollection of him being accused of paedophilia for Reel Around The Fountain & Handsome Devil at the time. Did these accusations happen later in his career?

Top Bottom