The Ordinary Boys

Sister_Steve

We all hate Leeds scum!
If only Mike Joyce still posted here, I'm sure he would appreciate my thread.
The Ordinary Boys played in a free concert outside Huddersfield train station last night, and as much as I hate to admit it, I really really enjoyed it (might have somet to do with all the gin i'd drank). They are actually alright, their new stuff is pretty shite but their first album is alright, if only he wasn't such a cock. The cheeky bastard said that he didn't know where Huddersfield was before today but said it was a 'lovely little place' (little?! it's the biggest town in Britain!). He was sporting a very Morrissey-esque hair style.
Ok this thread is pointless, but just thought i'd share my experience with you!

If only Mike Joyce still posted here, I'm sure he would appreciate my thread.
The Ordinary Boys played in a free concert outside Huddersfield train station last night, and as much as I hate to admit it, I really really enjoyed it (might have somet to do with all the gin i'd drank). They are actually alright, their new stuff is pretty shite but their first album is alright, if only he wasn't such a cock. The cheeky bastard said that he didn't know where Huddersfield was before today but said it was a 'lovely little place' (little?! it's the biggest town in Britain!). He was sporting a very Morrissey-esque hair style.
Ok this thread is pointless, but just thought i'd share my experience with you!

I saw them at Moz's meltdown years ago, they were OK, just derivative. I remeber getting drunk in the George then going to some well dodgy nightclub further down.

Well I can't say it's inspired me to go out and buy their album or owt, but it was a very enjoyable evening. The weather was nice and all of the town came together to get drunk and throw up in bins. It's been a busy old week...the queen was in town on Thursday, someone got arrested for having an axe in their bag with intent to use it on her!

Well I can't say it's inspired me to go out and buy their album or owt, but it was a very enjoyable evening. The weather was nice and all of the town came together to get drunk and throw up in bins. It's been a busy old week...the queen was in town on Thursday, someone got arrested for having an axe in their bag with intent to use it on her!

Hahaha, I don't blame the person who wanted to attack the Queen with an axe!
She's often slagging off the North unitentionally...:p

The only good thing The Ordinary Boys ever did was choose a name that summed them up perfectly.

And they didn't even choose that themselves.. :p

I've not heard a record by them i've liked, i'm sure he's just indie eye candy for most. He (Preston) does have decent taste in music which sadly doesn't come across in their music which is quite frankly a mess. File amongst 'Northern Uproar' and 'Shed Club 7', in fact no don't because those two bands were far better and that's saying something...well Shed 7 were.

Bye x

I think some of their songs are catchy, ones from 'over the counter culture' such as Talk, Talk, Talk. Before Preston went on Big Brother they were a semi-credible band, not heard their second album but the other stuff they've done such as that awful collaboration with Lady Sovereign was shit.

I don't care, I had fun anyway..a great way to spend a mild evening with a bottle of white wine spritezer!

So negative about The Ordinary Boys! It were a free concert and a big deal for my little town! I'd go see anyone semi-famous if they played huddersfield, i mean me and Lilybett paid £20 odd quid last year to go see the new drifters, Natasha Hamilton and Liz McClaron (ex-atomic kitten) and Simon Webbe play at Denby dale festival near Hudds. We didn't even get to see Simon Webbe cos i was too drunk after drinking since 11.30am and felt sick.

Bad news for Hudds today, the anticipated song 07 featuring the proclaimers, badly drawn boy and the levellers has been cancelled after 200 people signed a petition. Me and my brother just think it's cos no one bought a ticket!

did you have a kebab after?

OB's first album was good. The rest is shite. The one with Lady Sovereign was actually excellentttttttt, even if she is a c***.

The Ordinary Boys are a great band, I love em, and glad you enjoyed the gig Sister Steve (Did I meet you after the MOZ Gmex gig with Lilly Bet???)

They may wear their influences on their sleeves but they def always sound like the Ordinary Boys, their debut album is a masterpiece.

Ok so the Big Bro thing was a bit messy but I think Preston went in the house with good intentions, and the 3rd album was good if it wasn't for all the bleeps and gadgets to spoil certain tracks. They still had the tunes.

After keeping my eye on them for a while I think their next stuff will be back to the ska style that the fans love.

I dunno, did I meet you after the G-Mex gig? I will have been with Lilybett...where abouts did we meet you?

Back
Top Bottom