the only ones

gaz217

anyone have the brilliant only ones song "another girl, another planet". i first heard the song off the new vodafone advert and loved it.

Yup but I have no Idea how to send it...
if you want it explain it to me.:)

Have added you, lets see if i can send the track....

A great track - I've always liked it since...was it '78/'79? And I think i saw The Only Ones as a support band a couple of times around that time.

Another of their good tracks is The Beast - bit slower, but it still grabs you.

I've always found it annoying that many good bands don't get the recognition/airplay they deserve at the time then, many years later, their songs turn up on adverts + such like.

There have been a few examples over the years but no others spring to mind just now, except for not exactly 'unknown' songs like Iggy's The Passenger, Lou's Perfect Day, and...can't remember which song but XTC spring to mind for some reason.

anyone have the brilliant only ones song "another girl, another planet". i first heard the song off the new vodafone advert and loved it.
You do realise that it's not the only ones version on the advert?

One of my favorite groups ever, I have lots of their stuff.

Really wish more people would pick them up. Many wonderful tracks, and what a voice!

You do realise that it's not the only ones version on the advert?

There must be 2 'versions' out. I'm convinced that when the ad was 1st on, it was the original; but just recently i think I've heard another version - was the first with the lyrics but the 2nd with just music, I think?

Back
Top Bottom