The ongoing writer's strike!

"Rectum? Nearly killed 'im!"

Kids these days.

you pulled that joke from the depths of history didn't you! sounds like an old rodney dangerfield line!

France has no Tyra Banks, no Oprah, no DrPhil, no The View, no Howard Stern...
oh my god, france has merit! :D no oprah or dr phil sounds good to me.

i have to go to work. keep this thread and making fun of 24 alive for me while i am gone!

here i'll give you an idea of what you'll be missing on 24. Jack uses his cellphone. Jack runs. Jack shoots at people. Jack uses his cellphone again. Jack rewires a Lionel model train to burn someone's rectum until they tell him where the WMDs are. Jack runs with his cellphone to his ear while shooting people in the rectum. THen he dismantles the WMD after 24 weeks. and there goes a whole entire day of your life, wasted!
:) :p

HAHAHAHA!! you should write sitcoms. :guitar:

Its a slow Off topic news week so lets talk about what I blogged about. This is a two parter. The other part is Britney, of course. Why not? :rolleyes:
pic1.jpg

So believe it or not, the strike is still on, and has been continuing on since Nov 1st (my birthday, so easy to remember!). I couldn't be happier, and I mean that. With the exception of some of "The Office", "The Daily Show" and "Colbert Report" writers, most of those people picketing kinda suck at their jobs. Viacom and other conglomerates all really deserve zero dollars for internet revenue. There should be NO revenue. Because we're talking about garbage here. In fact, I think the internet revenue should be given back to us, the consumers, for damage done to brain cells. Come on, "King of Queens"? "Two and a half men"? Those shows should come with warning labels. "May melt brain if not already destroyed." Seriously they could be on strike forever and I'd not know the difference if it wasn't for missing the Office. And frankly, if I had to make a choice? Either I get the office but everything else rolls into production as well, or I DONT get the office AND Kevin James never works again? I'm going to have to sacrifice and take the latter. Because modern TV is unbelievably worthless and unentertaining. Thank God for the NFL.

What do you think? Are you dying for your shows to return, or are you happy there's no more sitcoms and crap dramas? :)

They should hire you. It's true. There is very little on tv that I think people really want to watch. They just want to watch something. I don't know what these Internet rights are about really, but it seems like writers should have some respect for "free"dom of speech online.

I think it might not be the writers' faults as much as the producers' that eveything on tv is a boring copy of last season's successful show. But who cares whose fault it is? There is no reason to own a tv except to watch movies and occasionally veg out with Conan or something.

I do miss my X-Files marathons on Sunday nights though. Do they still have 4-hour blocks every week?

I dont care... I still want to see Jack kick some ass and that lionel train torture seems genuine enough to work on someone. Remember beaten and broken and chained to a table Jack still had them where he wanted them.

I am very upset about 24 being disrupted by the strike!

I did hear on the radio this morning, that the last writers strike (in the 80's I think) was responsible for 'reality TV' - so they predict this current strike will just bring more reality TV to the screens.

Tila Tequila better start buying loads of lubricant, bich is gonna search her "one true love" foreveeeeeer!!!!

HAHAHAHA!! you should write sitcoms. :guitar:

I actually still very much want to be on SNL one day ( i know, i'm aiming low). but i've decided to put comedy on hold until i get a job that pays well for three days of work (Enter nursing program)
thanks nugzie you make me feel like i'm still funny even though i'm out of practice!

They should hire you. It's true. There is very little on tv that I think people really want to watch. They just want to watch something. I don't know what these Internet rights are about really, but it seems like writers should have some respect for "free"dom of speech online.

I think it might not be the writers' faults as much as the producers' that eveything on tv is a boring copy of last season's successful show. But who cares whose fault it is? There is no reason to own a tv except to watch movies and occasionally veg out with Conan or something.

I do miss my X-Files marathons on Sunday nights though. Do they still have 4-hour blocks every week?

THey want money from the ad revenue. Its not so much charging for their product but they want part of the ad rev instead of the big talking heads getting it all. Its a reasonable request, but I've come to the realization that they are only hurting themselves. Most of us can live without new TV... I think it is surprising some people!
I watch "Home Movies" and "Futurama" all the time. I have mini marathons at home. I used to watch Xfiles like crazy! I do kinda miss it. Good ol' Mulder.
I forget that Conan is actually funny. I should watch him again.
I dont care... I still want to see Jack kick some ass and that lionel train torture seems genuine enough to work on someone. Remember beaten and broken and chained to a table Jack still had them where he wanted them.

Hey Buzz if it weren't for people like you, I wouldn't have Jack to make fun of, so keep watching muahaha! :) Its ok I am sure if I had evenings off, I'd have a guilty pleasure or two. My old ones were "Wings" and "Just shoot me". pointless but made me laugh enough. Just looking at David Spade makes me laugh. He's like a drunken Willie Nelson mini-me.

Last edited:
bump, because i said so.
where's buzzetta. "Working"? Yeesh doesnt he know youth today aren't listening anyway lol

i think he works 36 hours, right? doesnt a second season start every november or something?

Delayed because Jack Bauer can save the world but cannot stop a strike and on top of that Keifer is in jail.

don't know if the thing that stopped House is the strike or some hugh personal problem but I'm killing for watching whats next

While I only watch maybe three or four hours of television or so per week, I have been dismayed, the Bill Maher show is on hiatus indefinitely, and with House being caught up they probably won't be a new dvd set for some time so I won't be seeing that, either. (I get cable, I just refuse to watch Fox, fake news and far right propaganda makes me ill.) However, I blame the bosses. My store nearly went on strike last year because the company (Which is making significant profits, mind.) wanted to f*** us out of our benefits. As a union member it's solidarity all the way. I wish the striking writers the best of luck, even if I miss out on some quality programming.

don't know if the thing that stopped House is the strike or some hugh personal problem but I'm killing for watching whats next

I would say I miss "house" except I am always a season behind because i watch it on DVD because its on when im at work!

He tried to get out of a chinese jail -see the opening to season five.
Bond also tried to get out of a chinese jail... that did not work out either.

Chinese have some hardcore jails. Throw those guys from prison break in there and see if they can get out. (I dont watch prison break so I do not know)

He tried to get out of a chinese jail -see the opening to season five.
Bond also tried to get out of a chinese jail... that did not work out either.

Chinese have some hardcore jails. Throw those guys from prison break in there and see if they can get out. (I dont watch prison break so I do not know)

oh, i didn't get the joke because i dont watch it!
thats a good idea. for prisonbreak. i dont watch that either...

I have to announce though that I am now hooked on one reality TV show. Celebrity Apprentice is simply pure genius.

Back
Top Bottom