The ongoing writer's strike!

bogdana

Finer Things Club Prez
Its a slow Off topic news week so lets talk about what I blogged about. This is a two parter. The other part is Britney, of course. Why not? :rolleyes:
pic1.jpg

So believe it or not, the strike is still on, and has been continuing on since Nov 1st (my birthday, so easy to remember!). I couldn't be happier, and I mean that. With the exception of some of "The Office", "The Daily Show" and "Colbert Report" writers, most of those people picketing kinda suck at their jobs. Viacom and other conglomerates all really deserve zero dollars for internet revenue. There should be NO revenue. Because we're talking about garbage here. In fact, I think the internet revenue should be given back to us, the consumers, for damage done to brain cells. Come on, "King of Queens"? "Two and a half men"? Those shows should come with warning labels. "May melt brain if not already destroyed." Seriously they could be on strike forever and I'd not know the difference if it wasn't for missing the Office. And frankly, if I had to make a choice? Either I get the office but everything else rolls into production as well, or I DONT get the office AND Kevin James never works again? I'm going to have to sacrifice and take the latter. Because modern TV is unbelievably worthless and unentertaining. Thank God for the NFL.

What do you think? Are you dying for your shows to return, or are you happy there's no more sitcoms and crap dramas? :)

Last edited:
I really, really miss the Office, that's all. And South Park, but they're on a break.
We of course don't get all those "new" episodes of all of the shows over here but I downloaded new ep's of the Office every week.

My brother is a writer in LA...I don't think we can blame them for the all of the horrible, mindless shows. The Studios are the ones who decide which ones to produce....I believe they are the ones who are largely responsible for the crap. It's going to suck if Battlestar is delayed.

I really, really miss the Office, that's all. And South Park, but they're on a break.
We of course don't get all those "new" episodes of all of the shows over here but I downloaded new ep's of the Office every week.

this sucks, i ain't gettin' no new CSI episodes !
give in networks GIVE INNNNNNNNNN

Do fans outside the US really rely on US shows that much? And how much later are shows broadcast there after they're shown here?

The writers strike has already endangered the next season of 24 and Lost.... even though Lost returns January 31st.... it was supposed to be uninterrupted.... but that may not happen.

here i'll give you an idea of what you'll be missing on 24. Jack uses his cellphone. Jack runs. Jack shoots at people. Jack uses his cellphone again. Jack rewires a Lionel model train to burn someone's rectum until they tell him where the WMDs are. Jack runs with his cellphone to his ear while shooting people in the rectum. THen he dismantles the WMD after 24 weeks. and there goes a whole entire day of your life, wasted!
:) :p

I hate you lol

Do fans outside the US really rely on US shows that much? And how much later are shows broadcast there after they're shown here?
To my knowledge, this strike doesn't really affect France today, most shows (like CSI:Las Vegas) air at least A YEAR later because they are all dubbed. Even private networks (like MTV) take centuries to dubb their shows. ("parental control", "next" and "date my mom" episodes are usually more than 3 years old)
BUT, when they do air, you get no two weeks long "to be continued" because of some NFL tournament or thanksgiving or stuff like that, they air allllllll in a row. If the French networks gets less episodes, what they'll probably do is air the season twice.

French TV is really different from American television, i know loads of people from the US, latin-america, the UK, and other american-tv-stroke countries that are stunned by how boring (for them) tv is over here.

Buzzetta is not a terrorist....

here i'll give you an idea of what you'll be missing on 24. Jack uses his cellphone. Jack runs. Jack shoots at people. Jack uses his cellphone again. Jack rewires a Lionel model train to burn someone's rectum until they tell him where the WMDs are. Jack runs with his cellphone to his ear while shooting people in the rectum. THen he dismantles the WMD after 24 weeks. and there goes a whole entire day of your life, wasted!
:) :p

How'd you get a copy of this season's script?!?!? Don't forget...in this season Chloe breaks a regulation to help Jack, makes stupid looking faces and is generally a whiney beyotch. :D

Damn near killed 'im.

BWAHAHAHA!

Well, I'm stunned by how boring TV is over here, so I can only imagine what it's like over there!
108.gif

France has no Tyra Banks, no Oprah, no DrPhil, no The View, no Howard Stern, Conan, the daily show, letterman, etc. Right now, PRIME TIME 21hs channel 2 is airing : documentary about homless teenagers, afterwards documentary on a marrocan skin oil, and afterwards some law program, they have lots and lots of documentaries, debates about X subject with lots of X subject experts, law stuff, humanitarian stuff, etc

By the way, what's the name of that really funny show were some blond dude brings some dude, and then he brings the dude's girlfriend, and then the blond dude goes like "YOUR GIRLFRIEND HAS BEEN SLEEPING WITH YOUR GRANDFATHER" and then after the dude has screamed at the girl he brings the dude's gradnfather and then the blond dude usually adds something like "THEY WERE GOING TO STEAL YOUR CAR AND RUN AWAY WITH YOUR MONEY" and then the security dudes have to stop the dude from beating up his grandfather and the crowd that's been watching everything starts cheering / booing ???

Last edited:
France has no Tyra Banks, no Oprah, no DrPhil, no The View, no Howard Stern, Conan, the daily show, letterman, etc. Right now, PRIME TIME 21hs channel 2 is airing : documentary about homless teenagers, afterwards documentary on a marroqui skin oil, and afterwards some law program, they have lots and lots of documentaries, debates about X subject with lots of X subject experts, law stuff, humanitarian stuff, etc

Marroqui == Moroccan?

Consider yourself lucky that you don't have our crap talk shows. Or maybe you do, and I just failed to read the sarcasm in your post!

By the way, what's the name of that really funny show were some blond dude brings some dude, and then he brings the dude's girlfriend, and then the blond dude goes like "YOUR GIRLFRIEND HAS BEEN SLEEPING WITH YOUR GRANDFATHER" and then after the dude has screamed at the girl he brings the dude's gradnfather and then the blond dude usually adds something like "THEY WERE GOING TO STEAL YOUR CAR AND RUN AWAY WITH YOUR MONEY" and then the security dudes have to stop the dude from beating up his grandfather and the crowd that's been watching everything starts cheering / booing ???

All of them?

No, I have no idea. I don't watch TV.

Back
Top Bottom