the OFFICIAL world cup 2010 thread

Aye but you also cheated against Ghana.

Cheated, what a nasty word :lbf:
Anyway, we're fully aware of that. Things that happen in football. Isn't Maradona some sort of God even though he cheated a fantastic goal and was on drugs all along?

Let it go, I think we deserved more than a 4th place anyway, Suarez or not.

Anyway, we're fully aware of that. Things that happen in football. Isn't Maradona some sort of God even though he cheated a fantastic goal and was on drugs all along?

Doesn't make it right though...does it not leave a bad taste in the mouth? If it was us I'd feel ashamed.

My dad was supporting Uruguay mind you.

Doesn't make it right though...does it not leave a bad taste in the mouth? If it was us I'd feel ashamed.

My dad was supporting Uruguay mind you.

It does, surely! :lbf: I don't like it, you know, a thorn in my side. We do feel the stain there you see, but we have to end up looking at it with humour. Uruguayans don't deny the reality, I have to say that, only the most extremist, and even so they know it was wrong. I wish it hadn't happen, but I understand Suarez's reaction totally :o, I do
Had it been Ghana who did it I'd still be chained to FIFA's doors holding a hand granade:lbf:

Don't be so greedy, you already have 2 World Cups! :p

Uruguay was one of my favourite teams, I like how they play and Forlan and Suarez are great forwards. Shame the final wasn't Spain-Urugay. I'm sure they would have played football and not karate like the Dutch :crazy:

1278951192501patada%202.gif

Any footballer professional or otherwise would have done exactly the same thing.

Particularly in the last minute of a World Cup quarter-final.

The general consensus seems to be that Suarez is a cheat... don't agree myself. An involuntary reaction to keep your country in the World Cup.

In fact i don't know if any of you follow Tim Vickery who is something of an expert on South American football but his reasoning behind the different mindsets of European and South American footballers is quite interesting.

That Kung fu kick looks even more brutal now

Obviously it wasn't a great final, due to the thuggery of the Dutch. They knew if they tried to play open, attacking football against Spain, it would have been over by half time. How Van Bommel didn't get sent off in the tournament is beyond me, virtually every challenge he was involved in ended in a free kick to the opposition. Alonso should report De Jong for assault.

Any footballer professional or otherwise would have done exactly the same thing.

Particularly in the last minute of a World Cup quarter-final.

Agreed 100%

The general consensus seems to be that Suarez is a cheat... don't agree myself. An involuntary reaction to keep your country in the World Cup.

Oh, I think it's rather clear that he cheated in the sense that he purposely violated a rule in order to obtain a clearly disproportionate advantage. That said, I probably would've done the same thing because it's the difference between going home or giving your team that small glimmer of eking one out, which they obviously ended up doing.

Also, I think it was clearly voluntary. Indeed, his teammate only inches away from him at the goal line swiped at the ball with his hands too! I think they both were fully aware of the circumstances, and understood what needed to be done if those circumstances presented themselves.

I think this is a rule, among several, that FIFA needs to change. I believe they should adopt a "penalty goal" rule to prevent instances such as this from occurring in the future. But no, I won't be holding my breath.

Last edited:
Don't be so greedy, you already have 2 World Cups! :p

Uruguay was one of my favourite teams, I like how they play and Forlan and Suarez are great forwards. Shame the final wasn't Spain-Urugay. I'm sure they would have played football and not karate like the Dutch :crazy:

1278951192501patada%202.gif

:eek: :lbf:
OMG that's awful :lbf:

I would have loved a Uruguay-Spain final, regardless of the results.
There are so many Spaniards here it would have been PARTY anyway!

Suarez's mother said he started off as a goalie. The poor thing went back to his roots!

One last word on Paul the oracular cephalopod:

Ahmadinejad Criticizes World Cup Octopus:

"The Iranian leader called Paul a symbol of decadence and decay in the Western world. Mr. Ahmadinejad also said those who believe in a psychic octopus cannot be leaders of nations like Iran 'that aspire to human perfection.'"

http://www1.voanews.com/english/new...ad-Criticizes-World-Cup-Octopus-99465349.html

:laughing: :head-smack: :squiffy:

According to the Mirror:

Paul, who has legged it back to his tank in Oberhausen since correctly predicting all seven of Germany's World Cup results - as well as Holland's defeat in the final by Spain - was unavailable for comment.

:D

paul the octopuss is to be made in to a movie i hear, starring a lookalike octopuss playing paul (this is not a joke)

Tags
football hornets soccer vulvazelas
Back
Top Bottom