the OFFICIAL world cup 2010 thread

Hilarious watching England painfully bomb out of this competition. I've been winding up the boring football tools at work since before the world cup started that we are going to crash and fail at every turn. It's great to be hated and right at the same time. It's just going to get worse. haha lolololol

Hilarious watching England painfully bomb out of this competition. I've been winding up the boring football tools at work since before the world cup started that we are going to crash and fail at every turn. It's great to be hated and right at the same time. It's just going to get worse. haha lolololol

Is that the unbeaten England that you're talking about? Unbeaten unlike Germany or Spain?

Beat Slovenia & win the group, it's still easy.

Although if we do get knocked out, it'll be no more than most England fans deserve.

I wonder if the those 'fans' realise that to the rest of the world, our 'support' is an embarassment.

All future England football matches are now to be shown on the gay adult channel. The sight of 11 arseholes getting hammered for 90 minutes is deemed too explicit for primetime showing!

In other news Brazil looked good and I missed my first game (Paraguay v Slovakia) due to not going to bed until 7:30 this morning and being very worse for wear. But I still managed to get up to watch the mighty All Whites complete with ex-Worksop Town players, a banker who is a semi-pro player and Rory Fallon (!) draw against the World Champions.

And as for France refusing to train.... puts England's woes into perspective.

Veyr very pleased and proud of the Kiwi boys holding off Italy, bring on Paraguay!

Mexico played an uninspired game. Oh well. Looks like they're going to be ousted by Argentina. Yet again. :straightface:

Veyr very pleased and proud of the Kiwi boys holding off Italy, bring on Paraguay!
They did well, you should be proud!

My lot, on the other hand, have left me with a stressful Thurs afternoon.....

Forza Italia!

Yay USA!:blushing:

England!! :D

This World Cup is starting to turn out like World War 2... the French surrendered early, The USA arrived in the last minute and England are left to fight the Germans again....

Should be fun in the build-up to Sunday. I wonder what lovely headlines the British tabloid press can invent this time.

If England do actually win on Sunday and then play Argentina in the quarters the press will be frothing at the mouth. It will be unbearable!

Congrats to England by the way, having said that they should have won at least 3-0 which would have given the rather easier route of Ghana in the next round and then Uruguay/ South Korea in the quarters.

There are no such things as easy games in international football (Football cliche #2342)

Awww NRitH, you're mean. I'm kinda getting into it. My sister said this morning, "US will never win the World Cup since we don't care about it." I asked her her rationale that the fans win the game and she just said "You know what I mean." I sorta can't wait until the next match or pitch or friendly or whatever it is.

Spain have the look of Champions about them tonight. Best game I've seen so far (I missed the Italy v Slovakia match due to being at the cricket)

Spain have the look of Champions about them tonight. Best game I've seen so far (I missed the Italy v Slovakia match due to being at the cricket)

"Look of champions"? Really? The first half they played like shit expect for the defensive mistakes by the Chileans. I, along with everyone else, expected much more from this Spanish side. They passed to this next round on the edge of the blade. But best of luck to the final 16. :guitar:

I missed the first half, but the game fizzed out the last 20 mins. Spain will need to do better to progress, but I think they can.

Italy - Slovakia was entertaining. And Japan did very well, too. Stunning free kicks!

Uraguay v South Korea seemed like an exciting game. They really are getting more rivetting.

Tags
football hornets soccer vulvazelas
Back
Top Bottom