the OFFICIAL world cup 2010 thread

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
well beckhams out (prob for the best) and the media circus is starting to stir from its slumber, a pointless and poor england team will go to s.africa and watch brazil and italy play the final on the telly like the rest of us...yawn, wake me when its done.

well beckhams out (prob for the best) and the media circus is starting to stir from its slumber, a pointless and poor england team will go to s.africa and watch brazil and italy play the final on the telly like the rest of us...yawn, wake me when its done.

a pointless and poor england team??:crazy:

We have an excellent chance this year and a very strong spine running through the team. We also have the best player in the world at the moment in Rooney(closely followed by Messi and Ronaldo) in the squad and how many times has a world cup been won by team who has had the worlds best player in their team (most recently France and Zidane and Brazil and (fat)Ronaldo)

I think we stand a good chance as any of the top teams, with the likes of Argentina being managed by a plonker(100+ players have played under him) and Italys ageing squad, and a brazilian side who only turn up every now and then. The two teams who have the best chance are Spain and England and my tip for the world cup Ivory Coast

the problem with rooney in the world cup is he wont look as good as he will not be playing against the likes of stoke,hull and bolton in that competition.

the problem with rooney in the world cup is he wont look as good as he will not be playing against the likes of stoke,hull and bolton in that competition.

Rooney has played fantastic all season, not just against the smaller clubs, he run ac milan ragged in two legs, dominanted the wins against Arsenal and has consitantly played well week in week out. He has been consistant for the past 2-3 seasons, being over shadowed by the brilliance of Ronaldo when at united. Rooney has also matured over the past couple of seasons and could easily fit into any of the top clubs in the world. Also if what your saying is true then the same could be said about any world class player, like messi or ronaldo(who had a tendancy in the premiership to bottle it in the big games)

Rooney's not in the same league as Messi, nor is Ronaldo.

Rooney's not in the same league as Messi, nor is Ronaldo.

At this moment in time them 3 are the best players in the world and at this moment in time Rooney is just edging it with messi very very close behind. Rooney helps all over the pitch wereas messi is just a force up front. His 3 goals last night were pure class but rooneys whole game play yesterday was fantastic

At this moment in time them 3 are the best players in the world and at this moment in time Rooney is just edging it with messi very very close behind. Rooney helps all over the pitch wereas messi is just a force up front. His 3 goals last night were pure class but rooneys whole game play yesterday was fantastic

which mid table pointless team were man u playing yesterday? fulham? wigan? sunderland? birmingham? or holland!
rooney wont show believe me footballs a modern day murdoch con.

Rooney will show, just like messi will. How many top quality teams are there in spain? 4?just like England(were you could argue there are only 3 class teams and 4 others that aren't just there yet). The premier league is a higher standard by far

Not sure how the premier league is a higher standard by far? Especially when the way you are judging it is by saying how many top quality sides there are? Have you considered the quality of the league as a whole? It's my opinion that La Liga and perhaps Serie A too has more quality throughout, I'd fancy a mid-table Spanish side to the likes of Blackburn, Stoke & Fulham tbh.

Messi is the best player in the world at the moment in my opinion and has been for a while now.

As for the World Cup, sure England have a decent chance. However, if we face Spain, I can't see further than a Spanish win, unless we get lucky. Xavi & Iniesta are so much better than our midfield it's ridiculous, they'll run rings around us like they did in the friendly not all that long ago.

when was the last time england went to a world cup without 99% of the nation never having heard of the goalie? a chance? there isnt one - the engand team does not represent the premier league. drogba plays for the ivory coast.

Last edited:
when was the last time england went to a world cup without 99% of the nation never having heard of the goalie? a chance? there isnt one - the engand team does not represent the premier league. drogba plays for the ivory coast.

Yet you mention Italy as going to the final in your first post, you seem to lap up England's problems but ignore other nations' problems. Please reveal where you Italy's goals will come from.

england are not contenders just like rangers and celtic dont show up in the champions league, foreign players have diluted our traditional teams to the point of no return, as long as people keep paying sky subscriptions the game will stifle and finally suffocate

Damn..... I was going to post this thread in a few weeks time:thumb:

England will do well with the following players in the starting line up;):thumb:

Keeper: Joe Hart
Defenders: Nedam Onuhua, Jolean Lescott, Wayne Bridge, Micah Richards
Midfield: Gareth Barry
Upfront: Shaun Wright Phillips, Adam Johnson

Jukebox Jury

Damn..... I was going to post this thread in a few weeks time:thumb:

England will do well with the following players in the starting line up;):thumb:

Keeper: Joe Hart
Defenders: Nedam Onuhua, Jolean Lescott, Wayne Bridge, Micah Richards
Midfield: Gareth Barry
Upfront: Shaun Wright Phillips, Adam Johnson

Jukebox Jury

out of them 8 id take 6- Hart, lescott, bridge(even though he says he wont go) richards, barry, phillips and johnson:eek:

My 23 man squad would be at this moment in time if fit

GK- Hart, Robinson, Green

DF- Terry, Ferdinand, G.Johnson, Warnock, Richards, Lescott, Shawcross

MF- Lampard, Gerrard, Barry, Joe Cole, Walcott, Milner, A.Young, Phillips, Johnson

ST- Rooney, Crouch, Defoe, Bent,

out of them 8 id take 6- Hart, lescott, bridge(even though he says he wont go) richards, barry, phillips and johnson:eek:

My 23 man squad would be at this moment in time if fit

GK- Hart, Robinson, Green

DF- Terry, Ferdinand, G.Johnson, Warnock, Richards, Lescott, Shawcross

MF- Lampard, Gerrard, Barry, Joe Cole, Walcott, Milner, A.Young, Phillips, Johnson

ST- Rooney, Crouch, Defoe, Bent,

Goalie...........:eek:
Robinson.....and not James?:eek:

Jukebox Jury

Edit.....Just sussed out........he's Rovers No 1:lbf:

Goalie...........:eek:
Robinson.....and not James?:eek:

Jukebox Jury

Edit.....Just sussed out........he's Rovers No 1:lbf:

Robinson has been in fine form this season, calamity james doesnt deserve to go world cup. Hart is my number one as i think it should all be based on current form

Robinson has been in fine form this season, calamity james doesnt deserve to go world cup. Hart is my number one as i think it should all be based on current form

do any england players EVER get picked on form? or just on past reputations?

Im actually glad Beckham is injured........ no way should he have even been in the squad...... the muppets on Talksport..... best crosser in the world...... I can cross a ball!

Jukebox Jury

Tags
football hornets soccer vulvazelas
Back
Top Bottom