~The Official StumbleUpon Thread~

Yeah I know. It's work, but more peaceful and better. I don't think I could ever do it...well of course I could because anything is possible, but it would be somewhat difficult because I'm not use to it. I'm def a city girl....although not in the city is quite where I love to live, not like New York. Something like Alta Dena. It's more up in the mountains, or going towards it, but the city is close by. I love that!!

my father's mother lived in Alta Dena my whole life
so yeah, i know that area well...

my father's mother lived in Alta Dena my whole life
so yeah, i know that area well...

I love the fact that at night, there are some spots close by to go to and see the city lights, nice...quiet places....you can see the stars. Peaceful, and beautiful. A mix between city and mountains/country in a small small way.

I love the fact that at night, there are some spots close by to go to and see the city lights, nice...quiet places....you can see the stars. Peaceful, and beautiful. A mix between city and mountains/country in a small small way.

it was the last time i was there :)
like a decade ago
i am not so sure about now...

Yeah it still is. That's why I love it. And also cuz Pasadena is really close by. My fave city in California. Next to Alta Dena.

one of my best friends;
trat.jpg

Todd has lived in pas most of his life
i like it there

one of my best friends;
trat.jpg

Todd has lived in pas most of his life
i like it there

Aww, that's cool. I love pasadena because of all of the old architecture. The buildings are what I like. The feel it gives me. Reminds me of NY, but less city in a way. Does that make sense?

http://www.geocities.com/shenryuk/
I have no idea who she is, but I found her website I think early last year? I love it so much, it just makes me happy :) Shame shes stopped updating...

http://www.geocities.com/shenryuk/
I have no idea who she is, but I found her website I think early last year? I love it so much, it just makes me happy :) Shame shes stopped updating...

Ha! this is pretty good. I've only looked at "drinking in dresses" but it's pretty entertaining.

I just stumbled on this page that teaches you how to argue. :eek: :D

Four tips that will pretty much guarantee you have a fighting chance even if you aren't that organized or slick.
1. using good premises (ones you have good reason to believe are both true and relevant to the issue at hand),
2. making sure your premises provide good support for your conclusion (and not some other conclusion, or no conclusion at all),
3. checking that you have addressed the most important or relevant aspects of the issue (that is, that your premises and conclusion focus on what is really important to the issue you're arguing about), and
4. not making claims that are so strong or sweeping that you can't really support them.

I think these are pretty good tips and there's more at the page.

Four tips that will pretty much guarantee you have a fighting chance even if you aren't that organized or slick.
1. using good premises (ones you have good reason to believe are both true and relevant to the issue at hand),
2. making sure your premises provide good support for your conclusion (and not some other conclusion, or no conclusion at all),
3. checking that you have addressed the most important or relevant aspects of the issue (that is, that your premises and conclusion focus on what is really important to the issue you're arguing about), and
4. not making claims that are so strong or sweeping that you can't really support them.

I think these are pretty good tips and there's more at the page.

oh dave, i do not agree;
for 1 you are not a fishmonger :cool:
2. the flame wars are over, so why argue? :)
3. morrissey does not abide by those rules and he is always right :rolleyes:
4. wait, is this against the TOS? :eek:

10 Most Magnificent Trees in the World.

"As a hobby, bean farmer Axel Erlandson shaped trees - he pruned, bent, and grafted trees into fantastic shapes and called them "Circus Trees." For example, to make this "Basket Tree" arborsculpture, Erlandson planted six sycamore trees in a circle and then grafted them together to form the diamond patterns."

basket-tree.jpg

"The oldest living tree in the world is a White Mountains, California, bristlecone pine (Pinus longaeva) named Methuselah [wiki], after the Biblical figure who lived to 969 years old. The Methuselah tree, found at 11,000 feet above sea level, is 4,838 years old - it is not only the oldest tree but also the oldest living non-clonal organism in the world.

Before Methuselah was identified as the world’s oldest tree by Edmund Schulman in 1957, people thought that the Giant Sequoias were the world’s oldest trees at about 2,000 years old. Schulman used a borer to obtain a core sample to count the growth rings of various bristlecone pines, and found over a dozen trees over 4,000 years old."

methuselah-grove.jpg

(Man, do these pines look bad!)

And because I am chica :p :

"There are many practical uses of baobab trees, like for a toilet:"

baobab-toilet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom