The Official Sleeve Contest for IJWTSTBH Single

What happened to the cover with uncleskinny on it? why was it taken down? I liked that. Didn't violate the terms of service as the original photo was shared by uncleskinny on this very website.

bit pathetic it was taken down really.

Here is the winner:

bhappycover.jpg

Deadline is tomorrow 20:00 (GT +1:rolleyes: ).

Will count all the serious contestants and prepare the poll.

If you want to compete and still hasn't made one, hurry! There's still time.

Cheers

//Chartres

Currently 11 serious contestants (including me:rolleyes: ), here's the list. PM me if I've missed you/think that your cover is indeed serious.

Chica
Sven68
Mozmic dancer
Little Charmer
Practising Troublemaker
El Manzo
Robertzombie
Chartres
Godlovesugly
The Youngest
Tbevie

Cheers
//Chartres

Not a brilliant job I know, but can anybody name the cover star and more importantly, whose hand is on his face?

Elizabeth Taylor?:confused:

Which, the face or the hand??

Hint: Morrissey mentioned the film in this quote about Oscar Wilde and the Cadogan hotel.

"It's a very historic place, and it means a good deal to me to be sitting here staring at Oscar's television and the very video he watched ### ####### #### on !"

Not a brilliant job I know, but can anybody name the cover star and more importantly, whose hand is on his face?

The film is "The Leather Boys". The cover star is Colin Campbell and the hands are Rita Tushingham's.

Great photo, Leer.

Rita-Tushingham-The-Leather-Boys-Dot-Reg-400x218.jpeg

The film is "The Leather Boys". The cover star is Colin Campbell and the hands are Rita Tushingham's.

Great photo, Leer.

Rita-Tushingham-The-Leather-Boys-Dot-Reg-400x218.jpeg

Hey! BEAUTIFUL COVER!! And doesn't he look a little like Morrissey? I wonder how that actor has aged... I've been thinking a lot about who would play the part of Morrissey in the Morrissey movie, if there was one to be made.

Mozmic, good eye. You win the grand prize! (a virtual pat on the back).

The Leather Boys is a great little film -- so much left unsaid...Dudley Sutton gives an excellent performance, too.

Chica and CeciDeMorrissey -- thanks for the compliments. I know the cover only half successfully apes the old Smiths sleeves, but it's fun to do arts & crafts in Moz mode.

I always loved the way he not only chose a still from a film that meant a lot to him, but made it something new through cropping, duotones, typography etc. Wonder why he's not as interested in that anymore...

Some people say that we're attracted to faces that have elements of our own -- that's definitely true in Morrissey's case. I'm sure he was quite taken with Colin Campbell (and apparently thought Gary Day was a dead ringer for CC when Moz first met him).

Hey! BEAUTIFUL COVER!! And doesn't he look a little like Morrissey? I wonder how that actor has aged... I've been thinking a lot about who would play the part of Morrissey in the Morrissey movie, if there was one to be made.

Well, if you really want to, at the link below you can see Colin as he is today (scroll down). Not to be mean, but I suggest you remember him as he is in The Leather Boys...

www.ace-cafe-london.com/f6_3-01.htm

Rita Tushingham looks fantastic, though!

Ahhh...even I got a copy of VHS, I didn't recognize him.:p
Good to see recent Colin Campbell though.

Back
Top Bottom