TOTTENHAM 1 - 3 MANCHESTER UNITED
1' JERMAINE DEFOE
25' RYAN GIGGS
41' ANDERSON
59' S/O PAUL SCHOLES
78' WAYNE ROONEY

208thk1.jpg

-----

Having seen Anderson finally break his goalscoring duck after 78 competitive matches, the Brazilian's team-mates were naturally delighted for him.

The 21-year-old lashed home a fine goal at Tottenham to put the Reds on the verge of an impressive victory, and Rio Ferdinand claims the signs were there in recent weeks that Ando's drought was set to end.

the rest here

-----

BBC Review

-----

Manchester City are in dangerous form ahead of next Sunday's derby at Old Trafford, following a fourth win in their opening four games.

Emmanuel Adebayor has netted in all of those matches, after grabbing the Blues' third goal in their 4-2 victory over his former club Arsenal. Craig Bellamy, Shaun Wright-Phillips and visiting keeper Manuel Almunia with an own goal were also on the scoresheet for Mark Hughes' men. The Gunners were briefly level through Robin van Persie - thus ending City's run as the last English league side not to have conceded this season - but Tomas Rosicky's late strike was no more than a consolation.

Chelsea maintained their 100 per cent start to the season after coming from behind to beat a stubborn Stoke City side 2-1 at the Britannia Stadium. Florent Malouda scored in the fourth minute of injury time to claim all three points; earlier Didier Drogba equalised in first-half stoppage

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: GAME 1

BESIKTAS 0 - 1 MANCHESTER UNITED
77' PAUL SCHOLES

vfh2d2.jpg

Perhaps Wayne Rooney is taking the task of assuming Cristiano Ronaldo’s mantle at Manchester United too literally.

The England forward is revelling as United’s main attraction in the absence of the Portuguese forward this season, but he can do without mimicking Ronaldo’s reaction to being substituted.

the rest here

PREMIERSHIP: WEEK 6

MACHESTER UNITED 4 - 3 MANCHESTER CITY
2' WAYNE ROONEY
16' GARETH BARRY
49' DARREN FLETCHER
52' CRAIG BELLAMY
80' DARREN FLETCHER
90' CRAIG BELLAMY
90' MICHAEL OWEN

2m33gjc.jpg

-----

Michael Owen's injury-time winner gave Manchester United victory in a staggering seven-goal derby extravaganza against Manchester City at Old Trafford.
The England striker latched on to Ryan Giggs' precise pass and stabbed home in the 96th minute to deny Mark Hughes' City a share of the spoils.
Wayne Rooney opened the scoring for United in only the second minute before Gareth Barry replied for City.

the rest here

-----

United deservedly won this pulsating derby in the high drama of injury time, but only after fans' nerves had been put through the mill having let City back into the game three times. The Reds should have had it wrapped up, but with the scores locked at 3-3 after 90 minutes, Michael Owen chose the most opportune time hit his first Old Trafford goal.

the rest here

How good was Giggs today. is it possible he's better now than he's ever been.:thumb:

The Curious Case of Ryan Giggs.

But what a game. That was absolutely insane in the membrane, insane in the brain.

i reckon Carrick's United career's all but over, with a move to Spurs in January so he can try and get in the World Cup squad.

i reckon Carrick's United career's all but over, with a move to Spurs in January so he can try and get in the World Cup squad.

I still say it's early. Giggs was seemingly all but over a few years ago. It seemed that Scholes's career was all but over last year, but he's been very capable this year.

I fully acknowledge Carrick's extended dip in form, but with the need for squad rotation, he'll probably feature heavily in the league and FA cups.

Fletcher is obviously #1 choice, i reckon we need a nice playmaker/creative midfielder to play alongside him, Adem Ljajić, hopefully.

Writing Carrick out like that's a bit harsh Kyle there's plenty who have had a dip in form and faught back. Or have you heard something on the grape vine?

The Official Man United thread

Well after being decimated in defence, we are going to start pulling our fingers out as from Sunday at Hull. A tricky one, considering our shocking performances recently. I really can't believe we are still in touching distance with the billionaires. C'mon you Red Devils.

Re: The Official Man United thread.

Well after being decimated in defence, we are going to start pulling our fingers out as from Sunday at Hull. A tricky one, considering our shocking performances recently. I really can't believe we are still in touching distance with the billionaires. C'mon you Red Devils.

I hope it will be, as you say, tricky. We need something from this game as we have an incredibly tough few weeks ahead. Come on the tigers.

Re: The Official Man United thread

Billionaires we may be, but have you seen our paltry transfer outlay in the last three seasons? You can't use that excuse for not winning the league this year. Its been a level playing field between us and you for a few years now. But if its convenient for you to think we still splash the cash then go ahead and use that.

Tags
2-1 4-1 2-0 4-3 96 ftw champions city are shit fans/team=shite munich kyle stretfordrovers tevez is wank weloveleeds
Back
Top Bottom