The Official M-Solo Trip to the French gigs

Jukebox Jury

Retired
OK, sod London, who fancies travelling from the UK to the three French gigs?

I'll drive the minibus, another 11 fans needed to fill it up, staying at cheap motels along the way.

Jukebox 'Thomas Cook' Jury

I'll drive the minibus, another 11 fans needed to fill it up, staying at cheap motels along the way.

Damn, wrong country:mad:

Damn, wrong wallet:mad:

now that sounds like a plan. i'm in if you'll have me good sir

Yeah, that'll probably work. If it doesn't, I think that I've just come up with a good idea for compensation for that Hammerstein ticket that's in the mail! :D :D :D

Let me just ask..... you say 'ticket that is IN the mail.... as in already sent? Your bargaining power is very weak! Now had you said 'ticket that I'm JUST ABOUT to send', your hand may have been different and a compensation package could have been discussed:D

Jukebox Jury

Wouldn't it just be cheaper and nearer for people just to go london. Like

Manchester is 4/5 hours away from london!

Er, no one is being forced to do the trip........
Personally I would rather travel to three different venues in France than spend 6 nights at the same venue in London. It's not about the cost, but of the adventure!
I recently went to four gigs in the USA, the last night at New York, Boston, Baltimore and DC rather than 5 straight gigs in New York. I much prefer the different venues each night.

Jukebox Jury

Obviously you haven't been struck by the Obsessive Compulsive trait that some of us Moz fans have.
What if the gig they miss is the best show of all time?
Wonder if he decides to play Headmaster Ritual one more time and that's the show they miss?
Wonder if they would have gotten handed the mic, and they jewels of words they wished to communicate don't get said?
These are some of the questions that drive people to rent vans and stay in cheap hotels with strangers on the same mission!
Have a brilliant time, cheers!

Er, no one is being forced to do the trip........
Personally I would rather travel to three different venues in France than spend 6 nights at the same venue in London. It's not about the cost, but of the adventure!
I recently went to four gigs in the USA, the last night at New York, Boston, Baltimore and DC rather than 5 straight gigs in New York. I much prefer the different venues each night.

Jukebox Jury

I certainly agree with you there! Still I take the easy way...

Could be tempted . I know Clermont Ferrand reasonably well, I visit a large customer there often. Fly into Lyon and get a car would be the plan. Have to get it past the missus first. What's all this flush-with-cash all of a sudden Phill? Has the book sold well?

Peter

Back
Top Bottom