The official I love the Magnetic Fields thread

Oh, hell yes. Dude, "Holiday" is like crack. I can listen to that album on repeat for hours and hours and hours.

Hah that's impressive! I dig Merritt's more synthy-side myself.
How you feel about Distortion? Xavier Says is easily my favorite tune of the year.

i think just about everything mr merritt touches turns to gold.

distortion is easily among my faves from the last year or so ,he(they)played at the sommerville theatre up here and i was balling my eyes out,i have not even done that at a moz show.it was amazing.hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
i think just about everything mr merritt touches turns to gold.

distortion is easily among my faves from the last year or so ,he(they)played at the sommerville theatre up here and i was balling my eyes out,i have not even done that at a moz show.it was amazing.hahaha

Oh, definitely. He's never disappointed me. I'm pretty sure he's made of magic or something.
Really good synth pop just makes my insides turn into melty goo.... which I enjoy. A LOT.

They need to come here, damnit! This is my angry face ---->
grrrrrto6.png

In other news, this is a Gothic Archies tune, but whatever, it kicks ass and reeks of epic win:

:D

Oh hell yes! They're fantastic.:D

hell yes!!

Dow,did you ever hear about that song challenge ,where songwriters were asked to write and record a song in 48 hours based apon one picture and one word,they first asked mr merritt first.

here is his...

makes me all gooey

haha

I unintentionally saw Stephin Merritt perform 13 years ago, opening for The Tindersticks. I have been in love ever since. Nobody I knew had really heard of them, until 69 Love Songs came out. Now they're more of a household name. Saw them 3 times this year.

I unintentionally saw Stephin Merritt perform 13 years ago, opening for The Tindersticks. I have been in love ever since. Nobody I knew had really heard of them, until 69 Love Songs came out. Now they're more of a household name. Saw them 3 times this year.

I want to say around '97,i was dragged to a show by a friend,as they wanted company,i think i had a cold at the time and felt like crap,so i went kicking and screaming.
about three songs into the show the cold was magically gone and i have been hooked ever since.

Back
Top Bottom