The Official General Election Thread

Is it over yet? Who won?

I feel kinda bad for Gordon Brown, people are so mean to him.

Hello, sorry for that question, but I'd like to know::squiffy:
why do the English vote today and not sunday, for example? Are they working today, or not?
Thank you!! ;)

Today is the UK = England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland general election.
Most of shops weren't open on Sunday, but it had been changed in 1994.
Thursday is election day in the UK.
Schools are closed, but everyone is working as usual.

Last edited:
Kewpie, what do you have to say? This poster is trolling me and I want something done about it.

Huh?

Walter Ego expressed his opinion about you.
If you can't take criticisms from other users, you should stop coming here.

Last edited:
That's wrong too. I suggest people asking UK questions,don't listen to Kewpie.

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry my wording was wrong, didn't mean small independent shops.
The government didn't allow bigger shops such as supermarkets, department stores etc trading on Sunday.
The law had been changed in 1994.

Last edited:
Huh?

Walter Ego expressed his opinion about you.
If you can't accept his criticism, you should stop coming here.

So it fits in with your own line of thinking so you allow it? Fantastic. A fantastic moderator as ever Kewpie.

Walter Ego, couldn't give two f***s mate, it's holier-than-thou cretins like yourself who just harden our resolve to vote for the unpopular option. Stop concentrating on the negatives of your opponent(s) and sell your own opinion to the other side, otherwise nowt will change.

I voted Lib Dems unfortunately. Allegedly a gentleman should never reveal his voting preference... oh well.

My reason was I want a change to the voting system in this country so millions of votes aren't wasted. And also I can't bring myself to vote Labour since the Iraq war.

I also want to see a hung Parliament as I thought it would never happen in my lifetime (like Carol I was born in 1975)

Looking forward to seeing the swing-o-meter tonight too once I get back from the pub. You have been warned

And I lost my virginity on General Erection (sic) night in 1992... that maybe a bit too much information for all of you. I don't care

but since its a workday doesn't that make it harder to get to the ballot urn?

Why not sunday? Religious reasons?

I think that there is a historical precedent due to religious reasons that an election doesn't occur on "the Sabbath". Also the election is always on a Thursday. (Well the last 7 certainly have been.)

So it fits in with your own line of thinking so you allow it? Fantastic. A fantastic moderator as ever Kewpie.

Walter Ego, couldn't give two f***s mate, it's holier-than-thou cretins like yourself who just harden our resolve to vote for the unpopular option. Stop concentrating on the negatives of your opponent(s) and sell your own opinion to the other side, otherwise nowt will change.

Seriously, will you please take a few minutes to read this article, then come back and justify your tory vote today.
Please, unless your conscience prevents you.
http://tiny.cc/ToryStory

Voting Tory is like being a serial masturbator. Noone admits to it but obviously millions of people do it.

And I lost my virginity on General Erection (sic) night in 1992... that maybe a bit too much information for all of you. I don't care

God 1992 when Major won? I'm surprised you could get going...:lbf:

As depressed as i am about the prospect of a Tory government from tomorrow there is a small possible upside: musicians feeling artistically repressed might write some good tunes eh? Would The Smiths etc. have been so inspired in a Thatcher-less 80's? Just a thought...

Last edited by a moderator:
:rolleyes:

I'm sorry my wording was wrong, didn't mean small independent shops.
The government didn't allow bigger shops such as supermarkets, department stores etc trading on Sunday.
The law had been changed in 1994.

Not quite,you're talking about England/Wales not the UK.

God 1992 when Major won? I'm surprised you could get going...:lbf:

Ah but the opinion polls were all indicating a slight Labour victory.

It was only when Basildon came in that the worm turned so to speak (I think)

My worm had already tho :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom