The Official Bicycle Thread

Abrahan

...with an N.
Subscriber
Ride a bike? Or have a dream bike? Post a pic of it...

i own 3, this is my newest one:
06202010.jpg

Schwinn SS (...on a hillside desolate)

i do weekly rides and ride critical mass whenever i can.

here's footage from this month's [houston] critical mass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KyaIKQaY04

Last edited by a moderator:
:nicethread:

My chainless cruiser was stolen when I moved back downtown this summer. :(

Love my new bike! My son and I ride all the time...perfect weather now.

:nicethread:

My chainless cruiser was stolen when I moved back downtown this summer. :(

Love my new bike! My son and I ride all the time...perfect weather now.

chainless cruiser? what brand was it?

this is my 1954 Schwinn Junior Miss (when it was all original):
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-130.jpg

this is an old pic... she's got mini apes now.
will post pic later.

Yes - I love riding my bike. It's an old red one, not sure of the make etc. It was gifted to me from a friend and I use a tag-along for my son, really fun:)
I would like to get white-rim tyres soon and maybe a more comfortable seat.

Yes - I love riding my bike. It's an old red one, not sure of the make etc. It was gifted to me from a friend and I use a tag-along for my son, really fun:)
I would like to get white-rim tyres soon and maybe a more comfortable seat.

i have and love this seat:
seat.jpg

$24 at target, i found on ebay for about 14 with shipping.

Chainless cruiser??? A chainless bike - that sounds wild!!:thumb:
You all own some neat bikes.:)

I own a lovely black Brompton that i use to cycle to uni...

since i can hear all the bike snobs scowl and sneer, i can claim to part own (since Mr Nightie owns) a "(psy)Cotic BFe" and a "Cotic Roadrat."

Since Mr Nightie is a motorcyclist as well as a downhiller, he wanted the power of a downhill bike without the ponce of a folding bike....... so...... he had his "Cotic BFe" sawn in half:eek: and had 'joiny together things' (the technical name for them:blushing:) hold it together, so it is now completely portable by motorbike:guitar:!!

Mr Nightie has owned many bikes (Marin, Giant, Raleigh commando back in the day:guitar:), but his most impressive one was his KTM downhill bicycle ... he got it to match his KTM motorbike!:straightface:

PS: I can pop wheelies (if 3" off the ground for a 1 second duration counts:()!

Hey, I wondered if any of you cycling enthusiasts were aware of the seedy side of biking:eek: - well, it's not really seedy:rolleyes:, it's just bikes with seedy names:squiffy:. A lot of the major bike manufacturers had fun with the names of bikes, just to embarrass the riders:doh:, mind it's pretty hard to embarrass a hard ass downhiller going 30mph on a dirt track:guitar:....

I thought i'd just share some of the names with you for your amusement (sorry, they're rude, but they're genuine bike models):blushing:

COVE bikes offer a.... hooker, std, g spot, stiffee and many more that are even more risque`
KONA bikes offer a.... stinky and for the Moz fan, they also offer a Jake, a Jake the snake, and a Major Jake bike:lbf:

^^^
this ride was only about 3 miles...

from my office to a few blocks from the old house.

i did this a couple of months ago... absolutely unimpressive to the rest of the world, but i was so pleased with myself that i'd gone down stairs on my bike and hadn't fallen off! yay!

yes, the music is everyone thinks he looks daft!
this is set to private on my youtube account, so not sure if you can watch it?:squiffy:

i did this a couple of months ago... absolutely unimpressive to the rest of the world, but i was so pleased with myself that i'd gone down stairs on my bike and hadn't fallen off! yay!

yes, the music is everyone thinks he looks daft!
this is set to private on my youtube account, so not sure if you can watch it?:squiffy:

can't watch unless we re invited to see.

invite me! user: mozzery

that's not a seat - that's a sofa!!!:lbf::lbf::lbf:
Looks mighty comfortable... butt ache is one of the worst things about biking:squiffy:

it felt like i was sitting on a bar stool the first time i put it on.

the feeling of falling while riding a bike sucks. i got used to it pretty fast.

Last edited:
my cat sophie wanted to go for a ride yesterday:
FxCam_1285786866895.jpg

jealous of my agatha always getting to ride:
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-109.jpg

Tags
bicycles bike bike lane bikes critical mass cruisers fixies lets ride bikes one less car share the road
Back
Top Bottom