The Official Bicycle Thread

Cycling is the new rock n roll!!! I loves it.

my cat sophie wanted to go for a ride yesterday:
FxCam_1285786866895.jpg

She is GORGEOUS! How could you even bare to leave the house with a cat so beautiful left behind:love:

this was a solo ride filmed on sunday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNYEvRIDJSg

music by The Ukranians.

nice to see you commuting via bike, but please stop riding on the sidewalk and start riding on the right side of the road. the left is ok, but the right is better(and the law, in case of run ins with the cops or accidents.)
riding on the sidewalk is really dangerous and i wouldn't want you to get hit by a car. its no fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also love to cycle and will try and upload a piture of my bike. However I also love - Bicycle Thieves - one of my fav films - FACT.

bicycle%20thieves.jpg

5325094427_d67f05a0a2_z.jpg

Check out my new ride! :D

My friends had this bike sitting out in the rain and sun for a year. I took it home, gave it a bath, gave it thorn-proof tubes (OMG it's HARD getting a tire off a rim!), have plans to naval jelly the rust and bought it a basket I need to put on later. I just got back from his maiden voyage to the bike shop where I got lights to be seen and a bell to be heard. :D OMG I feel the burn in my legs, I have a feeling this will be the catalyst to help me get healthy. I locked the bike to our rickety porch which if anyone really wanted it could take the porch with them, :p but it's under my mom's window, my sister's window and the palm tree would see the whole thing.

I love biking. THis is a cool start to the new year.

Re: Post a Picture of Your Bicycle

This is Bernice. She is my pride and Joy. A 1987 Nishiki road bike; I sanded, painted and converted it to a light-weight single speed all by myself. She was my very first bicycle tinkering project. I've put a lot of blood and tears into this bike. Also, yes. Those are indeed gold rims.
2vikryw.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Post a Picture of Your Bicycle

I guess... Maybe it was subconscious. I also just noticed it matches the color scheme of my painting in the background. Does my whole life somehow subconsciously revolve around The Queen Is Dead? This is a conundrum.

Last edited:
i have acquired these two schwinn deluxe cruisers in last few months:

this one is a 2001 Schwinn Cruiser Deluxe:
bici1-1.jpg

and this one is a 2010 model Schwinn Classic Seven Deluxe:
2011-05-21173527.jpg

both are replicas of a 1956 schwinn phantom and have internal schimano 7 speed coaster brake rear hubs.

A question for all you cruiser enthusiasts: Do you intentionally enjoy going slower or are you not aware of the road bike?

fav biker ever....
grifter.jpg

my others have been stolen.

I love cycling. I kind of want to buy a bicycle but I don't know how I'd deal with cycling through a city. I cycled everywhere when I lived in America briefly but that was entirely suburban areas or towns, rather than a city environment like I live in now.
I imagine it's very difficult. Seeing cyclists turning sharp bends alongside buses within touching distance gives me the heebie-jeebies!

i bought my first helmet today.

think i'm debuting it on tonight's ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
bicycles bike bike lane bikes critical mass cruisers fixies lets ride bikes one less car share the road
Back
Top Bottom