The New Yorker. Blog post. Review.

1. You took the quote out of context. Earlier in the sentence you quote: the book is "best as it is." And it's coming from someone who worships Kanye West.

2. A New Yorker blog post is not a New Yorker review. This will never appear in the New Yorker's print edition. It doesn't have comparable weight.

3. The author of this piece is best known for calling Stephin Merritt a racist without any evidence, then backtracking, then explaining that all indie rock is fatally lacking in black influence.

He's an idiot. Much like yourself, Brummie.

Incidentally, I haven't read the book and have barely listened to the last two Morrissey albums. Unload your "cult leader" spiel on someone else.

the writer of that New Yorker "article" or blog post or whatever you want to call it is a hack. He's really dumb if he's confused by the beginning of the book where Moz talks about streets upon streets and knife plunging Manchester. Seriously, if that part confuses him he should not be writing about books. A freshman English major would get it. How the hell did this guy get a job with the New Yorker?

1. You took the quote out of context. Earlier in the sentence you quote: the book is "best as it is." And it's coming from someone who worships Kanye West.

2. A New Yorker blog post is not a New Yorker review. This will never appear in the New Yorker's print edition. It doesn't have comparable weight.

3. The author of this piece is best known for calling Stephin Merritt a racist without any evidence, then backtracking, then explaining that all indie rock is fatally lacking in black influence.

Incidentally, I haven't read the book and have barely listened to the last two Morrissey albums. Unload your "cult leader" spiel on someone else.

:popcorn:

Hello Skylarker, Viva, NHNS or whoever it is.

1. I quote for my context, not yours or the writer. Idiot.

2. I couldn't care less.

3. I couldn't care less. See 1.

You haven't read the book, so shut the fcuk up. I'll unload my spunk on your face once you kneel before my Brummie pork sword, you sad Celtic fanboy barmpot wannabe. Your cult leader is a laughing stock, so are his 'fans'.

- - - Updated - - -

the writer of that New Yorker "article" or blog post or whatever you want to call it is a hack. He's really dumb if he's confused by the beginning of the book where Moz talks about streets upon streets and knife plunging Manchester. Seriously, if that part confuses him he should not be writing about books. A freshman English major would get it. How the hell did this guy get a job with the New Yorker?

A freshman English major? If only Morrissey could write to that standard! How the hell did Morrissey get a book deal with Penguin? With anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

Put that popcorn down, take your dentures out and make me happy: with another insightful comment on the book. You haven't read it either, have you? You probably need new specs as well as new dentures.

Back
Top Bottom