The new Photography thread

^ It's always a pleasure to see your photographs mozmal! ^ ... What camera do you use? Do you digitally enhance your images?
-------------------

Clothes Pegs

dscf8266.jpg

^ It's always a pleasure to see your photographs mozmal! ^ ... What camera do you use? Do you digitally enhance your images?
-------------------

Clothes Pegs

dscf8266.jpg

^^ Nice shot, good use of DOF ^^

Hello Sharon
I use a Nikon D700, and yes, I shoot in RAW, so I digitally enhance the shots in Lightroom, but only so they represent what I saw at the time of shooting. Thanks for the feedback.

A canyon resident took this snapshot-worthy-of-being-called-photography the other day when a jet dumped flame retardant on the mesa when the canyon was on fire.

10702120_10203461705637911_6162839453566104185_n.jpg

Another puny iPhone effort. Top of Luddenden Dean looking down to Upper Dean Head Reservoir, around mid-day, today.

agsArRT.jpg

P.

Last edited:
In the spirit that Photography and Videography go hand-in-hand, my friend just bought the first Black Magic URSA camera in Los Angeles. THere's an 8 month waiting list, he went in to buy some glass (that lens costs the equivalent of several good used cars. Several.) and when he enquired about the URSA, the guy behind the counter said the first guy on the list decided he couldn't buy it and the camera guy sold it to my friend. It weighs 19 pounds which is heavy as hell for a camera, but the image detail is astonishing. And it's most remarkable feature is you can edit the light balance AFTER you shoot the film. The problem is it's a card hog. One $1200 SD card will give you about 16 minutes of video, less if you set it to balance the light after. Rendering takes forever, but the detail is beyond what our eyes can see. He shot a little jumping spider that was on his patio furniture and we could see his eyes and face hairs from the crummy non-metered footage. It's designed more for studio work though. Whoever sits in front of it better have exfoliated and cleaned their pores moments before, that's for damn sure. :D

15273022117_ea914f0a17_o.jpg

15459589425_1f9f9e5401_o.jpg

In the spirit that Photography and Videography go hand-in-hand, my friend just bought the first Black Magic URSA camera in Los Angeles. THere's an 8 month waiting list, he went in to buy some glass (that lens costs the equivalent of several good used cars. Several.) and when he enquired about the URSA, the guy behind the counter said the first guy on the list decided he couldn't buy it and the camera guy sold it to my friend. It weighs 19 pounds which is heavy as hell for a camera, but the image detail is astonishing. And it's most remarkable feature is you can edit the light balance AFTER you shoot the film. The problem is it's a card hog. One $1200 SD card will give you about 16 minutes of video, less if you set it to balance the light after. Rendering takes forever, but the detail is beyond what our eyes can see. He shot a little jumping spider that was on his patio furniture and we could see his eyes and face hairs from the crummy non-metered footage. It's designed more for studio work though. Whoever sits in front of it better have exfoliated and cleaned their pores moments before, that's for damn sure. :D

15273022117_ea914f0a17_o.jpg

15459589425_1f9f9e5401_o.jpg

Not much of a videographer but being a photographer now I gotta check this baby out. Thanks for the mention!!

Not much of a videographer but being a photographer now I gotta check this baby out. Thanks for the mention!!

Long time no see, westy!

Back
Top Bottom