The new Photography thread

Lanterns found the only green spot in Germany and Pablo Honey is far from Pepes bodega.

first week of mild temperatures at night. when i open the windows the birds are still chirping, the church bells toll half past, the odd tourists are walking by chattering down on the street, a soft breeze is blowing. no more fighting the cold. yesterday was the first warm sunday we have had this year. not hot, just warm. i was at the river which was flowin by peacefully...
View attachment 49762
no plastic, which is amazing.
this is so childhood-idyllic, like something out of Winnie the pooh.

this is so childhood-idyllic, like something out of Winnie the pooh.
It's Germany FFS calm down. To the left out of picture are massive chimneys with smoke from burning babies and to the right you will find a death camp of your choice.

Fingerspitzgefuhl

Sorry for the missing germans dots.

best thing of it are its rainfalls. and i personally dont want to go through just another Heißzeit (to be pronounced like "hice tsite", i.e. 'hot age') summer this year. please add this word as a new, cool, german loanword to the english language.

love-in-a-mist(-to-be-abloom)
View attachment 49882
oh thank you lanterns! I am definitely going to incorporate that into my vocabulary this summer! as in, according to reports it looks like we are in for a verdammt (is that right?) Heißzeit this year! :( (although I expect to only be around for half of it.... still, we'd broken heat records as early as may! :( )

all connected now and set up. this new record player takes up even less space than the nostalgic one in a suitcase. was sold with a lil bluetooth speaker. sound is amazing if not sublime. the best music player ive ever had. who wouldve imagined that music can sound so great? i think i could develop a liking for it from now on. feels like the time as a teenager when i got my first glasses after having run around blind for ages. life was suddenly different, i could see people greeting me from across the street. so this is nothing less but the beginning of a new era;
View attachment 49884
you thought being able to see properly was a good thing?! I remember the first time I put on glasses (now it should be noted I don't really need them--and so never wear them--they're only necessary if I want to read something far away--which I never realized you were supposed to be able to do until I got glasses--or watch tv so that I can make out the faces), and let me tell you, it was a disappointment. people weren't half as good looking when you could see all the pores in their faces, even dogs were less appealing, somehow less fluffy and more sinewy looking, even the moon was a disappointment, suddenly having become all small and compact, a real little disc, as opposed to a blooming fuzzy apparition. I like the world far better without them, thank you very much!

oh lanterns, you need a bean bag, chair!!

also that is a very handsome picture of t (what picture of t isn't?!). I knew he looked like someone! also his fur always looks so velvety!!

I've never seen birds do this before. They're flying back and forth playfully. They've been doing this for days.

I've never seen birds do this before. They're flying back and forth playfully. They've been doing this for days.

At least they're not flying into your window. I have a pair of birds building their nest in my rock wall and one of them keeps flying into my window and knocking himself out each time. I think he's trying to off himself before the parenting duties kick in.

i'm sorry to read that, rifke. sounds alarming. yes, if you want to polish up your already amazing german language skills and, who knows, show those ham acting folks down there at work what being a culturally sensitive, bohemian world traveller is all about, then, one hot summer day, you wipe off the sweat from your forehead with the back of your hand, listen to your co-workers f*** da heat exclamations and then reply in a matter-of-fact and slighty self-pitying voice - while looking at your watch - saying, "diese verdammte heißzeit!" (pronounced: dee-seh fair-dumb-teh hice-tsite), and they'll be silenced in awe for the rest of the f***in work day.
oh thank you lanterns, i will surely make a point of saying that whilst doing my best to look like a tragic heroine. ive already impressed them by saying when i go on break "ich machte jetzt Eine pause!" (is that right?) (in my grande duchess voice, naturlich!)

twas a lovely day in the garden
View attachment 49907
the young sorb tree, that i planted two years ago, is in its first bloom and has already attracted all sorts of new and charming denizens...
View attachment 49908
here a cute crab spider is eating up its victim, the very poor hover fly...
View attachment 49909
the crab spider turned the hover fly around several times and then went straight for its genital region, if one can call it that way, which is quite clever actually, as the female spider naturally goes for the softest body part wanting to make sure that her offspring only gets the best baby food.
here we go,
View attachment 49910
i really felt sorry for the hover fly but of course we are not supposed to interfere in nature's food chain...
that spider is so awful and not cute at all, lanterns!

Me and Pilla always have a big spider on the balcony and this time we named him Ragnar or Pilla does cause she names everything even household appliances and what not.

Tonight we communicated with a hare outside sitting and eating grass getting afraid of a car as someone returned home late. It looked at us making sounds and probably thought to itself "who the f*** are you two wankers".

A roe deer walked by all the cars in the car park the other night and also stopped and listened to us. Normally we just talk and make sounds when we see cats outside and one cat used to come up and visit us on the balcony clawing my outdoor union jack door mat.

Oh go on sharpen those claws and make way for new ones I told him and he kept going. Looks so funny when they put all their effort into it.

Me and Pilla always have a big spider on the balcony and this time we named him Ragnar or Pilla does cause she names everything even household appliances and what not.

Tonight we communicated with a hare outside sitting and eating grass getting afraid of a car as someone returned home late. It looked at us making sounds and probably thought to itself "who the f*** are you two wankers".

A roe deer walked by all the cars in the car park the other night and also stopped and listened to us. Normally we just talk and make sounds when we see cats outside and one cat used to come up and visit us on the balcony clawing my outdoor union jack door mat.

Oh go on sharpen those claws and make way for new ones I told him and he kept going. Looks so funny when they put all their effort into it.
is pilla mentally challenged? all signs point to yes.

Back
Top Bottom