The new Photography thread

The Corn Exchange, Leeds

20170501_124958_zps89247twc.jpg

20170501_125151_zpssaeuspak.jpg

In Prague with spouse this week. Some of these pics may look familiar because I attempted to replicate pics I took 2 years ago.

1Sr1A53.jpg

lhhCQ0h.jpg

UHQQXNk.jpg

yE9x7BX.jpg

this is manchester in 1997. the expression in the lady's face now makes more sense to me, keeping in mind that only a few months before, there had been the 1996 manchester bombing. when i took the picture the bombing wasnt on my mind as i had arrived only a few days earlier
View attachment 41598
i like this picture in particular, there is something in the two guys' posture which i find agreeable
View attachment 41597

Were you there on vacation lanterns? Must of been kind of hectic.

this is manchester in 1997. the expression in the lady's face now makes more sense to me, keeping in mind that only a few months before, there had been the 1996 manchester bombing. when i took the picture the bombing wasnt on my mind as i had arrived only a few days earlier
View attachment 41598
i like this picture in particular, there is something in the two guys' posture which i find agreeable
View attachment 41597

I quite like the first pic, turned it into a Morrissey single, "Lanterns". :eyes:

aMozLanterns.jpg

Blikey blood hell chap, reckon a LA Angels cap? Well, I reckon it's better than the usual Brit/Euro Yankee cap. Good on ya mat! Tim couldn't afford to live in LA anymore like Mayor of Malibu Steve Morrissey and had to move "back home".

Angels Cap.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 41598
View attachment 41597
At what time of the year is the Manchester 1997 picture taken?

May 1997 was absolute magic and the piss up in the Dog & Partridge pub before the United-Newcastle game was of epic proportions.

That night I cried cause I was so happy when the United players entered the pitch stood as I was in the Stretford End.

At what time of the year is the Manchester 1997 picture taken?

May 1997 was absolute magic and the piss up in the Dog & Partridge pub before the United-Newcastle game was of epic proportions.

That night I cried cause I was so happy when the United players entered the pitch stood as I was in the Stretford End.
Just wanted to add in regards to the 1996 Manchester bombing that I was in that very area where the bomb went off a few days earlier simply cause I was looking for and ended up buying the book Morrissey wrote about James Dean.

I have no idea where it is now but it is a limited one and came with some sort of certificate and serial number and the works cause I bought it in a proper and very serious bookshop where the bloke working there made me realise it was in fact in some ways rare and unique and all that.

Great pictures!

Just wanted to add in regards to the 1996 Manchester bombing that I was in that very area where the bomb went off a few days earlier simply cause I was looking for and ended up buying the book Morrissey wrote about James Dean.

I have no idea where it is now but it is a limited one and came with some sort of certificate and serial number and the works cause I bought it in a proper and very serious bookshop where the bloke working there made me realise it was in fact in some ways rare and unique and all that.

Great pictures!
I remember where it ended up now. I handed over almost all the Moz and Smiths related stuff like books and cd's and what not to my then girlfriend.

Love and madness in equal measure.

jonsey's jukebox.jpg

Reckon this is me favorite photo of Grandpa Steve even though he is with some blood wacker tit. I reckon if Uncle Steve would remember Grandpa Steve from when he saw him while "standing in the first row of the Sex Pistols concert in Manchester"

I'm in the middle of an epic trip with just me and my daughter.

i2msrn.jpg

Life can be good .
jtxmhw.jpg

The driving has been insane, in the good way.

11981gz.jpg

2cfxf0h.jpg

xd5d2t.jpg

idx2zo.jpg

Last edited:
^^ Superb shots! ^^ I have been there three times, but never had the chance to explore the area properly. You are one very lucky man.

^^ Superb shots! ^^ I have been there three times, but never had the chance to explore the area properly. You are one very lucky man.

Mozmal, thank you. This seven days in this area was life changing. It was a photography/4x4 trip and we rarely saw anyone. Now to sort the pics for a book, that may take longer than the trip

qno01f.jpg

Alone in a deserted canyon. 50miles from the nearest paved road. A trail that climbs, ascending 700 feet in one mile. I asked her if she was game. She didn't hesitate. She learned at a very young age, to get the wow, you may have to do a little suffering.

My daughter is really getting the feel for framing a shot.

24glz07.jpg

4qh5qu.jpg

The wow

10d795i.jpg

Back
Top Bottom