The new Morrissey album - what do we actually know about it?

Maurice E Maher

A subject, surely, deserving of its own thread.
So what do we know?
- there have been a couple of rumoured titles (Stealing Even, Roman Manifesto?)
- looks pretty certain that Joe Chiccarelli is the producer
- we think (but don't know?) that it has now been recorded
- we know (don't we?) that all the band have spent quite a bit of time in Rome fairly recently
- we don't know about a record company deal yet - any rumours on this?
- about 2 or 3 years ago, Morrissey said that he had 14 or so songs written. Presumably there must be quite a few more by now
- an announcement was made (but by whom?) on the Morrissey FB on his birthday declaring it to be a 'rebirthday'. Perhaps no further news given at the time due to the Manchester terrorism attack
- the lack of solid news was recently blamed on waiting for the 'England is Mine' film hype to die down, and that an announcement would be made in due course
- October tour dates have been announced on Spotify perhaps indicating that the album would be out before then

Anything else to note?

Last edited:
So what do we know?
- we know (don't we?) that all the band have spent quite a bit of time in Rome fairly recently
- about 2 or 3 years ago, Morrissey said that he had 14 or so songs written. Presumably there must be quite a few more by now
- an announcement was made (but by who?) on the Morrissey FB on his birthday declaring it to be a 'rebirthday'. Perhaps no further news given at the time due to the Manchester terrorism attack
- the lack of solid news was recently blamed on waiting for the 'England is Mine' film hype to die down, and that an announcement would be made in due course
- October tour dates have been announced on Spotify perhaps indicating that the album would be out before then

Anything else to note?

Don't forget Give In To The Bullies :tearsofjoy:

So what do we know?
- an announcement was made (but by whom?) on the Morrissey FB on his birthday declaring it to be a 'rebirthday'. Perhaps no further news given at the time due to the Manchester terrorism attack

Anything else to note?
Not sure that it's noteworthy, but I believe most of the band have now left Italy, for what, I dunno. Boz has. Gustavo has. Mando has. This may portend nothing at all.

As for a label, Trojan Records has been hinted at.

did we ever find out if the song titles were the right ones.im thinking they could be,dont know why everything is so secretive this time,the way to build hype is by releasing small snippets of information on a regular basis.

I reckon they were not there for a visit to one of the famous gelatteria of Rome to consume an ice-cream?
Or did they? Are there vegan ice-creams?
Which flavour did Moz prefer?
And to satisfy my sense of completement, how about Boz?
Was Moz inside the Nike-store, did he buy a pair?
Or is he sponsored by Nike, like Aztec always says and he didn't need to get in cause he already got them for free.
This is all of the upmost importance! :paranoid:

We do know that we wonder, why there isn't any official word yet since recording began at the end of may. I am hoping every day. Maybe he is waiting for the right moment, maybe...

SPOILER ALERT
Some of the track titles from a very good source :cool:

Shut that door
I'm free
Oh you are awful ! But I like you
Looks like I got it wrong again Uncle
Turbo diesel
What's inside a boy
Wish it was a mile long (when It's coming up the pipe)
I havn't got my papers
Phone a pizza
Let's make a mess tonight

That's all for now :thumb:

#we:heartssuit:Rome/BaroneRAffaele

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Well he got new management not long ago right so he probably has some influence. Could be a number of reasons. Record deal might still be in negotiation stages. Might just wait until closer to an actual release date. Sure building suspense does work that way but if you trickle it out to syou on it can build and die down

Any word on Alain submitting some demos this time around to Morrissey? Or has that ship sailed since 2008?

So what do we know?

Anything else to note?

The title
Farewell to Anti Brexit supporter who owns a residence in Portugal

As each passing day goes by I can't help but feel that this new material/album has got " List of the lost " written all over it.

All we've had is a photo harking back to the past with text saying " It's on. " :blushing:

No confirmation of a record deal, just a pic of Steve in a hideous jacket with some young label dude.

Gary Barlow lookalike posting his 4kin nonsense on face4ck.

Gary Barlow lookalike withdrawing his face4ck nonsense.

Martin leaving camp Steven rumours ( Lack of confirmation from either camp :rolleyes: )

I'm not daft and I know many hate me on here (fair play :thumb: )
I would love it if Steve could deliver one last life changer but I'm too old in the tooth now .

My Dad always told me " All good things come to an end "
Thanks or that Dad :thumb: You were right as always, just wish you'd have told me how embarrassing things could turn out when people refuse to accept things are over and done with.

#we:heartssuit:Rome/BaroneRAffaele

I'm not daft and I know many hate me on here (fair play :thumb: )
I would love it if Steve could deliver one last life changer but I'm too old in the tooth now .

I think you'd commit suicide if Moz made yet another commercial/critical comeback.

New pic posted at his Facebook page!
Maybe the new album-cover?

Attachments

• IMG_4157.JPG
    IMG_4157.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 0
Any word on Alain submitting some demos this time around to Morrissey? Or has that ship sailed since 2008?

That's sailed, pal.

Back
Top Bottom