the new manics album

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/487...ers_-_Journal_For_Plague_Lovers_(2009)_[mp3_V

A piece in the Observer today cites this album as the start of the record company fightback against internet piracy - apparently the album is such a work of art that people will flock back to record stores to buy it.

Smith says high creative standards will lead the public back towards the pleasure of owning an original CD album, or going to the cinema to see a film. "We are doing this with the new Manic Street Preachers album, Journal for Plague Lovers," he said. The CD has been designed around the manuscript that Richey Edwards left to his band-mates before he disappeared in 1995. "It is a fabulous thing to own and other record companies are doing the same sort of thing. God knows, though, it is not a cure for this problem on its own."​

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/may/10/music-news-murdoch-free-google

Non of the above applies to you, though...

I will, of course, be buying it.

Dave

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/487...ers_-_Journal_For_Plague_Lovers_(2009)_[mp3_V

A piece in the Observer today cites this album as the start of the record company fightback against internet piracy - apparently the album is such a work of art that people will flock back to record stores to buy it.

Smith says high creative standards will lead the public back towards the pleasure of owning an original CD album, or going to the cinema to see a film. "We are doing this with the new Manic Street Preachers album, Journal for Plague Lovers," he said. The CD has been designed around the manuscript that Richey Edwards left to his band-mates before he disappeared in 1995. "It is a fabulous thing to own and other record companies are doing the same sort of thing. God knows, though, it is not a cure for this problem on its own."​

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/may/10/music-news-murdoch-free-google

Non of the above applies to you, though...

I will, of course, be buying it.

Dave

WTF Dave? You post an article about what record companies are doing to curb piracy then you post a torrent to the manics latest album so a cock like speedfreak and many others like him can steal it???

Last edited:
WTF Dave? You post an article about what record companies are doing to curb piracy then you post a torrent to the manics latest album so a cock like speedfreak and many others like him can steal it???

God!!! you're a moron... you'll be able to listen to it for free on spotify as from monday. oh are they also stealing? c***!

Last edited:

I've no idea who speadfreak is or was - so couldn't comment on his or her cockiness.

It took me 20 seconds to find it on pirate bay - the whole world knows about that - anyone could have done that.

But I did stress that this album in particular is being cited as the start of the fight back for the record companies...

To be honest, I'd forgotten they had an album due out until I'd read it in the Observer and then speadfreak asked about it - I'll be trundling down to HMV next week to buy a copy.

Cheers

Dave

MANICS ARE THE GREATEST BAND IN THE HISTORY OF MUSIC (AND EVERYTHING ELSE)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JFPL will not beat Gold Against the Soul though.

God!!! you're a moron... you'll be able to listen to it for free on spotify as from monday. oh are they also stealing? c***!

What a poet! :)

No cuz listening to and leeching are two different things. You can work that out can't you?

Last edited:
I've no idea who speadfreak is or was - so couldn't comment on his or her cockiness.

It took me 20 seconds to find it on pirate bay - the whole world knows about that - anyone could have done that.

But I did stress that this album in particular is being cited as the start of the fight back for the record companies...

To be honest, I'd forgotten they had an album due out until I'd read it in the Observer and then speadfreak asked about it - I'll be trundling down to HMV next week to buy a copy.

Cheers

Dave

Np Dave I just thought it was strange post. I love the Manics and I'm looking forward to going to the record store and buying this album. Can't wait to hear some more of Richey's words.

Last edited:
What a poet! :)

No cuz listening to and leeching are two different things. You can work that out can't you?

erm, i don't know if you realized but ownership seems to be dying.
i actually prefer to listen to albums on spotify than downloading an album, wasting time and memory on my hd.
and you're right, 2 different things but at the end it has the same result: YOU'RE LISTENING TO AN ALBUM FOR FREE!
you can work that out can't you?
and i can own whatever i want, i can save the albums, make my own playlists etc...the same as if i've downloaded something....but with less , much less hassle...because it's all streamed and for free....
but if you're worried about artists who makes lots of money and who doesn't even know/ care about you....hmmmmm, it seems that you don't have many problems in your life.
maybe if you get cancer your priorities would change and then you'll see what can be important in life, instead of continuing your "crusade" against piracy:thumb:

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to going to the record store and buying this album.

funny, you don't get people saying "stop buying and download it for free", to you, now do you?
see, that's annoying, isn't it?
and don't give me the "oh....they don't say that because paying for it is the right thing to do"...go and find a good cause for you to defend, animal rights, starving kids in africa, greenpeace, red cross, help the aged, samaritans, etc... you should focus on that sort of thing instead of being "the voice" for well paid artists.

i think the manics should have done the decent thing and split up years ago ... its like dragging a dead carcass about now , they look awful and are really stinking the place out :flamethrow:

:lbf: true, I like some of the old songs but what's the deal with Nick Wire, he looks ridiculous with his size, stickers, patches, badges, make-up and his annoying little jumps whilst playing.

I'm really looking forward to this album, the songs I've heard so far are very very good :thumb:. I love the Manics :D.

I'd be interested in hearing this as I quite like MSP. Nicky Wire, though, is a complete prima donna who really believes his "rock star" persona. James Dean Bradfield though, what a voice!

Can't wait to get this album. Saw them on Jools Holland and can't believe what a great band they are.

Appropriate for a Manics thread to delve into hostility though....:lbf: They are a great band and they are FAR better now than they ever were. No one writes lyrics like Richey though...:guitar:

i think the manics should have done the decent thing and split up years ago ... its like dragging a dead carcass about now , they look awful and are really stinking the place out :flamethrow:

:lbf: true, I like some of the old songs but what's the deal with Nick Wire, he looks ridiculous with his size, stickers, patches, badges, make-up and his annoying little jumps whilst playing.

In this season of goodwill, let's pray that you all go the way of Richey Edwards pretty soon!

I'm so excited a bout seeing them in a few weeks, the new album is great!

While I'm at it, I hate you too.

Back
Top Bottom