The new football thread

Did not hear it here first and the talk of a world league and european league and so on have been ongoing for ages. Celtic and Rangers wanna play in the PL cause they are fed up playing in the most useless league ever created that makes no one happy.

Malmö FF who run away with it every season play in the same colours as City and from what I have heard the arabs prefer those colours so they make them win it. It is of course worse than that cause it always is.

The Scottish thing is a problem, but it isn’t as if great the Scots players are being drawn down to England as they always have been. The Scots are just not producing the quality of players they once did. They are by no means alone in that, of course.

As for Malmö, they dominated more in the eighties than now, just as Gothenburg dominated the nineties. I don’t think the Allsvenskan suffers in the same way La Liga does, for example, where the division of television money is designed specifically to benefit the big two at the expense of the others.

Best news in a long time seeing Lukaku carried off and i can only hope he never returns to the United side cause he simply cannot control the ball at all.

The thing with the scottish premier is that it died when Rangers got moved down the league system. For years it was not worth watching and now you don't have any knowledge of the players up there and everything is really foreign to me when I watch it unlike in the past when the players were familiar.

It can be exotic to watch scottish games cause it is a bit like looking back at the english game in the 90's when a cup game was played and players played with everything they had and more.

Celtic do turn up on some european nights that have been simply amazing and they can of course create an atmospehere at games which is of course not a thing you can still say about the fans in England who have been replaced by tourists that despite their interest in the clubs cannot even sing or show emotion.

For me that was more than half the fun.

Has Mourinho been sacked yet and is Lukaku dead?

Fingers crossed for both!

Extra cameras placed out by London tv channels showing United and now Young gets a ban for something they would not have shown had it been another side.

Have to laugh at it all and how they have been giving United the rough treatment for years but United can only blame themselves for not taking control of their own games and showing them themselves cause all clubs had that chance but doubted their own ability to do so.

It is time the clubs sold their games to their fans online!

I reckon Jose will get the sack after Everton and Derby.

Proper local passion!

So City had their own Munich disaster today when they failed to equal the record of 19 wins in a row set by Bayern Munich. I guess setting records is something they will have to leave to Man United.

Jesus wept and this time it was the weird combo of the arch angel Gabriel and Jesus.

Happy New Year, Phill Gatenby!

Everton-United was a contest between two sides trying to be worse than the other and Everton won that battle by not hitting the goal even once the whole game.

My source tells me Mourinho will be sacked after this weekends FA Cup game at home to Derby and the replacement has already been chosen.

He's the geezer with the keys leaning onto the wall at Old Trafford under the subs benches by the big United crest. He mostly wears a green and yellow jacket cause he is mad about Brazil for some reason. He used to be the security manager for a company guarding local companies in Stretford, Trafford and Salford and used to sit and drink with me and his toothless colleague with a very impressive keyring and the walkie-talkie at the ready.

Well deserved promotion that he is now the manager of the security at OT.

I love the lads at Full Time Devils. Those lads (and one lass) should take over MUTV and get it rocking.

Fantastic end to end stuff between Arsenal and Chelsea and a fair 2-2 draw. It really says a lot about the sides behind United cause if United have been bad this season what can you say about the rest?

Sky Sports made Gary Neville sum this season up so far and I agree with him that the so called top sides really have to step it up to make the league entertaining again.

My source seems spot on again and every major paper is now reporting on how close Mourinho is to leave United.

Welcome Carlo "the eyebrow" Ancelotti!

I know football fans are accused of having no life but newsflash we do and playing games on all kinds of days and times and even playing two games at the same time like on Friday night makes you wonder what is going on.

The demise of the FA Cup is sad to see and empty seats at Old Trafford were unheard of in the past. Mourinho just extending the inevitable but he is not developing the side at all.

These days you have to follow the games online and tonight I once again had United on the big tv from the laptop and the Liverpool derby on the laptop screen. If not for that you'd miss a lot of games these days.

The London tv station power has no doubt disrupted the game and it is time the FA had a rethink and did something about it. BT Sports is the worst thing that ever happened to football and their broadcasts are a bit like childrens tv.

Amazon taking over the market from next season could be a good thing cause the american channels are miles ahead of the english. Watching the funeral wake dressed brits on the english channel is like witnessing a Dracula lookalike contest.

The english lost the ability to host their own games in a dignified manner and when you only hire bitter scousers chances are people will turn to other channels abroad.

Back
Top Bottom