The new cooking thread

for a moment I thought this said "the neil codling thread" and I was all excited.

I miss pep :(

and bun bun :(

well I think it's safe to say he's in a much better position than you, so no need to worry, mmkay
Good to hear that and I do worry about him and how I regret the things I said. But I once saw a glimpse of his humourous side when he replied with that candle comment and what you use them for.

Still makes me smile. I dream about joining him in the pride parade in Gothenburg wearing a feather boa.

well I think it's safe to say he's in a much better position than you, so no need to worry, mmkay
"Position" wink wink nudge nudge

Sounds very promising but which one?

Well, everyone of course!

That’s a beautiful boule. Must have gotten the proofing just right as the crust looks perfect. Did you proof it in a basket? I’m looking at the pretty design in the flour. Are you sure you haven’t baked one before?!
I only started the starter last week, the first proofing was 3 hours then over night 14 hours, baked in a make do Dutch oven. The only thing I could find for a (basket) was this wooden fruit bowl lined with a tea cloth and floured. YouTube is an amazing tool.

Attachments

• IMG_20190405_082333-1190x1587.jpg
    IMG_20190405_082333-1190x1587.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 0
I only started the starter last week, the first proofing was 3 hours then over night 14 hours, baked in a make do Dutch oven. The only thing I could find for a (basket) was this wooden fruit bowl lined with a tea cloth and floured. YouTube is an amazing tool.
It turned out amazing, I think. A few years ago, I picked up some vintage French bread baskets on eBay. They’re woven and are lined with cloth and have amazing patina. I use them to collect all sorts of clutter. Should empty them out and start proofing in them like they were made for. Please keep posting your breads!

for a moment I thought this said "the neil codling thread" and I was all excited.

I miss pep :(

and bun bun :(
Aw, I am here! I am around, just not feeling very talkative right now. But thanks for missing me :) How are the plans going for The Great Escape? And what are you going to wear to see His Mozjesty?

Aw, I am here! I am around, just not feeling very talkative right now. But thanks for missing me :) How are the plans going for The Great Escape? And what are you going to wear to see His Mozjesty?
Best wishes for improved health, Pep. I miss chatting food with you!
Edit: Guess I registered that as a health thing at first but I reread it and think maybe not. I’ll wish for a return to your chatty self then. :)

A long white Bergman style dress of course and Moz will see her and have her lifted up onstage and go "know what on second thought I'm not gay".

The cat fight between Rifke and Damon will be epic.

Best wishes for improved health, Pep. I miss chatting food with you!
Edit: Guess I registered that as a health thing at first but I reread it and think maybe not. I’ll wish for a return to your chatty self then. :)
Aw, thanks TAT :) It is mostly a health thing but I have some other things taking my attention right now, so not enough energy to go round. But I had some test results back this week which were very instructive, so starting an exciting new treatment plan very soon.

aw pep pep! so nice to hear from you! when I hadn't seen your name in ages I thought maybe you had tired of this place (understandable) and forgotten all about your online daughter (not acceptable!).
everythings going as expected, still just counting down the days. I still haven't been hit by a tidal wave of anxiety yet so im wondering when that's coming. surely it must at some point?
I don't know what im going to wear pep pep! that's the major problem at the moment now that you mention it! I have no clothes cause I is too fat! and all my clothes are from two dress sizes ago! im hoping to lose weight before I go to London, so I don't know whether in the meantime I should buy new clothes--which strikes me as a waste of money--or if I should just squeeze myself into my old clothes and be really really uncomfortable? a conundrum! why did I have to eat so much chocolate and ice cream and shortbread, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
how are things with you, pep pep?!

aw pep pep! so nice to hear from you! when I hadn't seen your name in ages I thought maybe you had tired of this place (understandable) and forgotten all about your online daughter (not acceptable!).
everythings going as expected, still just counting down the days. I still haven't been hit by a tidal wave of anxiety yet so im wondering when that's coming. surely it must at some point?
I don't know what im going to wear pep pep! that's the major problem at the moment now that you mention it! I have no clothes cause I is too fat! and all my clothes are from two dress sizes ago! im hoping to lose weight before I go to London, so I don't know whether in the meantime I should buy new clothes--which strikes me as a waste of money--or if I should just squeeze myself into my old clothes and be really really uncomfortable? a conundrum! why did I have to eat so much chocolate and ice cream and shortbread, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
how are things with you, pep pep?!
I have no clothes cause I is too fat! :lbf:

Well, you need to be comfortable, that's important. But I suppose it's a question of money. If you can't afford new clothes, then just stop eating the sugar (note: I did not just say 'stop eating'). You will save money and lose weight. Problem solved!

But you shouldn't worry about being bigger sometimes, lots of us fluctuate. Morrissey will understand this, from personal experience.

Things here are okay - like I was just telling TAT, I have had some new test results. Mycotoxins! f***ing masses of them! They are savage little bastards and cause serious havoc with your system. My last house had black mould everywhere, and I have mould problems in this house too, so this figures. Fungi strikes again :( But my doctor is on the case and we are going to nuke it with various unfriendly substances, starting next week.

So when not flopping on the sofa I am working on the new novel, which is going well. Structure and character profiles are fairly tight now. Main plot outline is solid, 'elevator pitch' actually works (hallelujah). So just filling in the details of the plot: the hows and the whys, the detailed twists - before I start writing 'proper'. How is your book going?

Well, you need to be comfortable, that's important. But I suppose it's a question of money. If you can't afford new clothes, then just stop eating the sugar (note: I did not just say 'stop eating'). You will save money and lose weight. Problem solved!

But you shouldn't worry about being bigger sometimes, lots of us fluctuate. Morrissey will understand this, from personal experience.

Things here are okay - like I was just telling TAT, I have had some new test results. Mycotoxins! f***ing masses of them! They are savage little bastards and cause serious havoc with your system. My last house had black mould everywhere, and I have mould problems in this house too, so this figures. Fungi strikes again :( But my doctor is on the case and we are going to nuke it with various unfriendly substances, starting next week.

So when not flopping on the sofa I am working on the new novel, which is going well. Structure and character profiles are fairly tight now. Main plot outline is solid, 'elevator pitch' actually works (hallelujah). So just filling in the details of the plot: the hows and the whys, the detailed twists - before I start writing 'proper'. How is your book going?
I had a problem with black mold in one apartment I lived in. I got very ill from it. The only thing that gets rid of it is ammonia.

I know, pep, im going to stop eating the sugar! (waaahhh). im pretty sure I can lose enough weight by the time I have to go to London, but not enough in time for the Morrissey concert. hopefully Morrissey wont let it stand in the way of our love affair.

mycotoxins?! what the heck are those? oh mould, that stuffs really bad for you, so ive heard! why does England have so much mould? ive been watching nightmare tenants/slum landlords or whatever it's called, and so many of these places are full of mould. is it because it's so damp there? you're just having a hell of a time, pep. I hope this new treatment works brilliantly for you!

how exciting that your novel is coming together so well! that must be quite a good feeling. I have not been working on mine at all, Im putting it on hold until I leave. I've just accepted the idea that I cant do anything here, I've been too stagnant for too long. but I've stuck with the original idea and continue to churn it around in my head, becoming more and more familiar with it. it seems a bit flat though if im going to be perfectly honest, and I don't know what to do about that.

Yes, it's serious stuff. The real problem is when it sets up camp in your body. Going to be zapping the little bastards with some heavy-duty anti-fungals. Good that you recovered.
I used thyme essential oil to burn off a small area of mold infected skin. It took a few days and it was painful but successful.

Back
Top Bottom