The new A-ha album "Foot Of The Mountain"

The new A-ha album "Foot Of The Mountain" is due to be released june 19th (I think it may've been released already in some parts of the world)
I've had a listen, but usually I need to listen to an album a few times to let it sink in before I make a decision on it. Initially though, I'll say that while good, it doesn't sound as good to me as did "Minor Earth, Major Sky" "Lifelines" or "Analogue". Anyone planning on getting it?

http://www.rockandreview.com/blog/post.cfm/a-ha-foot-of-the-mountain

...I'm Gonna look out for this...A-Ha have been Criminally underrated for years......Great Band.....So MUCH more than the "Pretty Boy band" type hype they have had to endure through their Career.....

After listening to the new album A LOT, it finaly grew on me.
A little sad there are so many keyboards and so few guitars but some songs are quite catchy as always.
I'm really fond of Shadowside, nice voice, simple lyrics but they mean something to me.

samson, I was just listening to that track earlier, it's my favorite on the album :)

It sounds like they tried to get away from the heavier sound they had on minor earth major sky. Kinda like they tried to mix their classic sound with those of newer albums. It works, but personally I like their somewhat heavier stuff.

they performed on Wossie on Friday night.
Milton still looks gorgeous (and about 30 years younger than he is) but his voice wasn't great (sang Sun Always Shines) and he looked really awkward on stage.

I love A-Ha. Love all their stuff.:guitar:

they performed on Wossie on Friday night.
Milton still looks gorgeous (and about 30 years younger than he is) but his voice wasn't great (sang Sun Always Shines) and he looked really awkward on stage.

Milton? :confused:

Is that an English joke I've never heard of? :o
No no, just a Scottish joke (at MauriceE's expense) that I made up, and not very funny neither. :o

I went to see them at the Roundhouse last Friday - they played a blinding set, but apart from Foot of the Mountain the newies did seem a little weak.

They looked really happy - Morten and Mags walked on stage with their arms round each other, and Morten sounded (and looked, of course!) fantastic. He played the drums a bit (well, the snare and floor tom) and sang Manhattan Skyline through a megaphone.

Fine way to end a week of 4 Moz shows :guitar:

Thanks for the links ! :)
The live versions sound good and the cover of 'A question of lust' is a nice surprise.

Back
Top Bottom