The nearly-dead SoLow forum

Theo

I'm not sure it can be blamed on Morrissey not doing much. After all, this forum was growing by leaps and bounds when Morrissey was on a break for several years in the late 90s and early 2000's. So, I guess it has to be blamed on the moderators, like Kewpie, no?

And I think I predicted that.

I don't think the mods are to blame.. I just think everyone's growing up & no new young fans are joining the forum..

The Collector's Corner is bloody alive and kicking:guitar:
Cheers Moz

That's the section I check first when I come on here..

Me too....After that the Market Place and soonafter I check all the new posts
Cheers Moz

Most of the good posters seem to have moved on or gone UTR, & now the site's stuck with all these new posters who just aren't nearly as fun (no offense ^_^)

I'm not sure it can be blamed on Morrissey not doing much. After all, this forum was growing by leaps and bounds when Morrissey was on a break for several years in the late 90s and early 2000's. So, I guess it has to be blamed on the moderators, like Kewpie, no?

And I think I predicted that.

This forum gets more hits now in one day than it did in a month back in the late 90's. But yes, it was technically growing faster as the site just started in 1997 and people were just getting on the internet.

Mehh, there's some of us that keep this place alive with our own personalities, I suppose...

From my own point of view, I think this place is alive and kicking. And I think David deserves a truckload of credit for all the brickbats he's faced. I'm staying right here.

P.

With a couple of well-publicised exceptions, it's been a slow news year for Morrissey - no tour, no new album, nothing in the pipeline. The casual fans are starting to lose interest, and as for the rest of us - just look at the fuss a simple sighting in Camden can create. He's slipped under the radar a bit, is all. Just wait for the hordes to return when a new album is announced :).

I don't mean to start any rumors based on the signs I receive, but my blue-eyed friend who just passed the bar just posted on my fb page the sentence "We're getting the band back together." Then again I have been warned it's opposites day (or evening) so maybe don't take any stock in that glimmer of Smiths Reunification hope. :p

Back
Top Bottom