The Mozpit

Do you enjoy the mozpit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It freaks me out totally, thats why i was there at 6:30am on saturday morning to secure a place at the front!

Both - but it has to be done!

I'd rather have 100% certainty of an unobscured view, even if I'm in the first row mezzanine or something. It would be intolerable to sacrifice even a moment's glance. I genuflect before taking my seat, by the way. And no one can speak to me during the show.

It has to be done - even at my age! I was at the front on 23/12 at the Gmex and I've got the bruised ribs to prove it. There were some poor souls who didn't know what to expect and they got into trouble real soon, it's not for the faint hearted.

Zenith, how come you have two votes?:confused:

Because I made a pact with the devil!

Actually, I'm not sure. I'm glad I've done it - stood near the front and experienced it - it was a full adrenaline rush. I may do it again one day at a smaller venue. However on the railing (I can deal with the crowd squeeze) or a bit further back is probably more my gig.

Last edited:
At the G-Mex on the 22/12 it was the most rough I've felt it in 7 gigs at the front although it calmed down a lot as time went on. My girlfriend had to move to the back which was sad and sometimes it's so rough that it's hard to enjoy it although it's worth trying for the shirt etc... The reason I stay at the front is mainly for the atmosphere.. moving backwards you are bound to encounter the sorts only there for How Soon is Now?

Thats a bit unfair spleenhead.

Due to work etc I couldn't get over to Manchester until quite late on the 22nd and I was quite a bit off the front.

The LAST song I was hoping for was "How Soon is Now" !

Saying that though there were a lot of people around me who stood like statues and only opened their mouths for the Smiths songs.

Luckily there were a couple of other people close by also going mad for Disappointed and National Front Disco - both were highlights for me.

I'm not sure how far back I was at the Gmex (my first time), we weren't near the back, but I was nearly pushed over several times, and somebody hit me over the head with something, so it was great!

I made my pit debut this year at Grimsby at the ripe old age of 43. A bruising but exhilarating experience. So I did it again at the NIA. :)

Mind you, the previous time I'd been to a big concert was in 1991, at which performance I went into false labour; good job it was seated and I wasn't stuck in squash of people somewhere. :eek:

I was in my time a seasoned metal gig goer. i still go to rock gigs etc now. I have never ever been as crushed and battered as I was at Leeds this year, but I was not giving up my space in the 3rd row until I almost passed out during HSIN?. I wore my battle scars with pride! At Wembley I was way further back, wasn't in the mood. It is not for the faint of heart, and this coming from someone who has been in many a pit!

Thats a bit unfair spleenhead.

Due to work etc I couldn't get over to Manchester until quite late on the 22nd and I was quite a bit off the front.

The LAST song I was hoping for was "How Soon is Now" !

Saying that though there were a lot of people around me who stood like statues and only opened their mouths for the Smiths songs.

Luckily there were a couple of other people close by also going mad for Disappointed and National Front Disco - both were highlights for me.

I was right at the front and I went absolutely mad for Disappointed and National Front Disco. Got Squashed like hell though and smashed into the barrier many times. It calmed down during songs like I've changed my plea and Please Please Please mind, although at one point I thought I wasn't going to come out alive :S. Crushed to death at 15 at a Moz gig haha, oh well sacrifices for Moz eh?

I did the Mozpit once only! Seen Morrissey live now 9 times and the best was the up the very front, October 2003 in Dublin. Received some mild injuries including bruising! Was it worth it? Hell, yes!
Would do it again, not really! I'm 5 foot 5 and don't weigh very much. I'm also a few years older now and value my ability to walk without impediment!

My friend and I used to always take seats :confused: but I went to Brussels on my own and did not notice any seats at first so tried to get as near to the stage as possible and it seemed okay at first until Morrissey came on stage and all of a sudden everyone wanted to stand exactly were I was but it was all well worth it. So last time in Amsterdam managed to convince her to do the same and it was amazing. Cannot think of being anywhere else now.:)

ive been in the pit at gigs countless times
but since edging into my 30s i must admit
its been less frequent ...

i THINK the last time i went into a mozpit
was in stoke in 91 ... i caught a sliver of
a towel thrown into the audience

Back
Top Bottom