The MozBus Rides Again....

Jukebox Jury

Retired
I've had a few requests to run a MozBus tour during the weekend of Morrissey's Manchester gigs and having had a chat with Leslie at The Salford Lads Club, I will organise a MozBus on Saturday 23rd May at around lunch time.

The tour will include a 45 - 60 minute visit inside the club as well as stopping off at Parkers Hotel, Strangeways Prison, Morrissey's old house and the Iron Bridge on Kings Road in Stretford, The Cemetry Gates, The Holy Name Church and the Ritz as well as passing by a few other sites too.

DETAILS AND BOOKING

The tour will cost £11 (paypal) or £10 (cheque) per person.

paypal [email protected]

cheque (payable to P Gatenby) to
The MozBus
c/o Empire Publications
1 Newton Street
Manchester
M1 1HW

Places are limited and it's first come first served! - please book asap. If sending a cheque, drop me an email / PM to let me know and I'll make sure you place is reserved.

The bus will depart from The Star & Garter pub on Fairfield Street (2 minutes from Piccadilly Station) at 12.30pm and return to the Star & Garter around 3.30 - 4pm. The S&G will be open on our return.
The Apollo Theatre is a 10 - 15 minute walk / short bus ride from the S&G.

This is what I hope will be the tour bus:cool:

Jukebox Jury
2rc3bmb.jpg

xc1v7o.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure where this should have been posted - but I'm sure Kewpie will know and act accordingly;).

I've had a few requests to run a MozBus tour during the weekend of Morrissey's Manchester gigs and having had a chat with Leslie at The Salford Lads Club, I will organise a MozBus on Saturday 23rd May at around lunch time.

The tour will include a 45 - 60 minute visit inside the club as well as stopping off at Parkers Hotel, Strangeways Prison, Morrissey's old house and the Iron Bridge on Kings Road in Stretford, The Cemetry Gates, The Holy Named Church and the Ritz as well as passing by a few other sites too.

If anyone is interested please let me know on here or
email - [email protected] or www.myspace.com/mancmusictour

Cost will depend on numbers - If there is enough to fill a coach then I imagine it wont be more than £10 each.
However..... I may try for something a bit more adventerous..... a double decker bus??? An open top double decker bus???:guitar::guitar:

Either way, proceeds will go to The Salford Lads Club.

Jukebox Jury

now you do realise i want in on the act? we can't have another scene like when you were selling "unauthorised" merchandise at the men:D

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLK0njn9nMM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLK0njn9nMM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLK0njn9nMM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLK0njn9nMM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Brilliant Fergus.....
That was a great show:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

I would like to register my interest too, as long as there is the opportunity to buy a cut price "Morrissey's Manchester" maybe signed by the author too?

If you are looking for rough numbers, my BF might be willing to come and also one more if he is travelling down from the mountains.

I would like to register my interest too, as long as there is the opportunity to buy a cut price "Morrissey's Manchester" maybe signed by the author too?

If you are looking for rough numbers, my BF might be willing to come and also one more if he is travelling down from the mountains.

There isn't many copies of ''Morrissey's Manchester'' left, however, ''Panic On The Streets'' is available from Fopp Records for £3* so that should sort you out.

Jukebox Jury

*£8 signed by the author;)

There isn't many copies of ''Morrissey's Manchester'' left, however, ''Panic On The Streets'' is available from Fopp Records for £3* so that should sort you out.

Jukebox Jury

jj is that right it's 3 notes in fopp? i need a copy meself. oh and will you be taking the tourists in that other book shop? or should i say through the curtain at the back:eek::D

jj is that right it's 3 notes in fopp? i need a copy meself. oh and will you be taking the tourists in that other book shop? or should i say through the curtain at the back:eek::D

Yes £3 in Fopp:eek:
As for that other book shop you mention..... I went in there strictly on a professional basis as a salesman offering them books to sell. The curtain at the back of the store was not passed through by me;)

Jukebox Jury

er, and how do you know that there is a curtain to pass through and what contents are behind the curtain?:D

Jukebox Jury

well. what it er is, is er, well.....well anyway me and my mate was in there browsing one day and the fella said he might have something else that might interest us:eek: and low and behold the "curtain" does it's work:D

Jukebox Jury

Is you sure you is a published author? Only joshing.

But for £8.00 I'd want it signed and hand-delivered by Morrissey himself.
Anyway, I've already got a singed copy of Panic on the Streets,must stop smoking in bed, hhahaha.

Tags
grimisback
Back
Top Bottom