The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 99: KING LEER

How do you rate King Leer?

• Total voters
Yawn. Does nothing for me, sorry. Very lighthearted but some of his worst lyrics IMO. "You'll never guess...I'm bored now...." Moz, u have no idea.

One of the funniest songs Morrissey has ever written, he should not listen to people who keep bashing Kill Uncle.

He shouldn't listen to Himself, then?

The songs are fine, especially when they were electrified by the lads, but as they are on the record...too limp. There's A Place fares quite well with the bare bones production, though.

One of the funniest songs Morrissey has ever written, he should not listen to people who keep bashing Kill Uncle.

I really like it. 8/10.​

I love it, and relate it to Driving Your Girlfriend Home which is directly on the other side of my CASSETTE tape!
The part in King Leer about the boyfriend showing "a real hint of cruelty" and then on Driving Your Girlfriend Home, he is discussing this "boyfriend."
Is he talking about Linder, another friend, ME?
This song is a 9/10 from me.

I voted a 2 cos noone else has.

GARBAGE.

"Your boyfriend he went down on one knee
Well could it be he's only got one knee?"

Has to rank as one of the all time lyrical gems.

I'm surprised it didn't get to number 1 on downloads alone (downloads is a euphemism for something else!)

"Your boyfriend he went down on one knee
Well could it be he's only got one knee?"

Has to rank as one of the all time lyrical gems.

I always understood it as example of an attempted insult from the inept candidate (lyrical "I", that is). Square and more than a hint of cruelty worth too.
Good song.

Back
Top Bottom