The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 83: I WON'T SHARE YOU

How do you rate I Won't Share You?

• Total voters
He never has, though he really should...

I was saying that by putting all the ??? after it...I just wanted Hatful to explain where she thinks she heard it...

I was saying that by putting all the ??? after it...I just wanted Hatful to explain where she thinks she heard it...

I see you know your live stats then. :p Not everyone is this knowledgeable. ;)

Scratch that, while I do love I Won't Share You, I'm not so sure it would be great live. Ammunition, on the other hand, he really needs to play. How dare he not? I can understand not playing Papa Jack or He Cried, even though I like both those songs...but Ammunition? Shame on him...

I see you know your live stats then. :p Not everyone is this knowledgeable. ;)

Scratch that, while I do love I Won't Share You, I'm not so sure it would be great live. Ammunition, on the other hand, he really needs to play. How dare he not? I can understand not playing Papa Jack or He Cried, even though I like both those songs...but Ammunition? Shame on him...

Ammunition is A Boz song..so of course it's brilliant...the old "bad" songs Boz has written were the ones he co-wrote with Gary for b-sides last album...There not BAD, just not Good...

I did a thread about Morrissey songs live..and was ridiculed for it :D

I am also blessed with an excellent memory

Who won the 1971 World Series? Pittsburgh of course...Morrissey's Least Favorite city...

Did I dream it? shit maybe I did...

I figured maybe you mistook it for another song...that was played once or twice..

8/10. Allegedly about Marr. Who knows tho..........​

The perfect final song for the final Smiths album. Such an incredibly sad song. "I'll see you somewhere, I'll see you sometime..." and The Smiths fade out. It's not only an emotionally charged song for the obvious reasons, but it's also a beautiful melody from both Morrissey and Johnny. We'll never see such a perfect pairing again... Alas.

A 10, of course.

Hey, first vote again. :D

Easily my favorite Smiths songs, neck and neck with The National Front Disco for my favorite Morrissey song (since The Smiths and Morrissey's solo career have Morrissey as lead singer and lyricist in common, I use the term "Morrissey" to refer to his whole career), and whichever song is my favorite Moz song will have to be my favorite song of all time obviously. :)

I'll never understand this strange fascination that people have with "The National Front Disco". It's so distinctly average... to even breathe "I Won't Share You" and "The National Front Disco" in the same sentence seems WRONG!

Well said, Comtesse. Such a sad, simple, but strong song. I'd quote the lyrics I like best, but that would be ALL of them. "This is my time" prob my fave tho! I always wondered if this was a guitar... it seems like it could be a mandolin? Well, who knows who/what it's rreeaallyy about or what they knew at the time, either way -an eerie 'premonition'. This is easily among my top 5 Smiths songs. A PERFECT 10. I usually play it 4-5 times over n over...still not enuf. Moz, happy last gig...we'll see you somewhere, sometime...enjoy your R&R post-tour. I share you because I must. Too much love and affection for one person to contain.

this song is simply irresistable. completely timeless and is so beautiful being in letter context .It causes you to envisage yourself as the recipient of the letter. The self questioning is so close to my heart also. Has the perrier gone straight to my head? Its almost as if there are two sides of his brain telling him life is sick and cruel however that fact can't be accepted - "YES - no no no no no no no" . Rounds off strangeways wonderfully.

Back
Top Bottom