The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 77: I KNOW IT'S OVER

How do you rate I Know It's Over?

• Total voters
I like the song a lot. Great lyrics. The only problem I have with it is Morrissey sings a bit flat in spots but didnt go back into the studio to re-do the flat bits. Thats him though. Hates doing multiple takes. 8/10.

Ooh, doesn't look like it's gonna beat Every Day Is Like Sunday.
Steven Street retains his pole position!

Anyway, that's enough time/votes for this song.
Bring on the next!

PS Edited having just seen Houdini's previous posting. My calculations had EDILS slightly ahead...

10. Perfect.

[Maudlin Street will have my 10, for this kinda songs]

again I rate the Smiths and Morrissey comparing to each other [so no other bands or music, cause they're a league of their own]
[ can't understand a lot of people who give only 9's and 10's

GREATEST SONG EVER WRITTEN

Whoever gave it a 4 should be banned from this site. tracked down, and forced to listen to Mike Joyce's unreleased solo recordings

[Maudlin Street will have my 10, for this kinda songs]

again I rate the Smiths and Morrissey comparing to each other [so no other bands or music, cause they're a league of their own]
[ can't understand a lot of people who give only 9's and 10's

That's what I do too, that's why this beautiful song only gets an 8 from me, if I was comparing to all music, almost all songs would be getting 10s.

I'd personally rank this as THE greatest Smiths song. A song of incredible beauty with lyrics so painfully personal that I almost feel like I'm sneaking a peek in Morrissey's diary. This song sums up the beauty of the Smiths: Johnny Marr's delicately chiming guitar paints a melancholy canvas upon which Morrissey combines intense emotions and humor. If I were to introduce anyone to The Smiths, this is the song I'd play them first. A masterpiece.

By the way, this song gave me one of the most shocking moments of my Smiths-life when I was laying on my couch with my eyes closed drifting away in the delicate haze of the "If you're so funny..." verse on the Thank Your Lucky Stars bootleg, only to be jarred upright by Morrissey shouting, "Jesus Christ, DON'T BE SO STUPID!! LEAVE HIM ALONE, YOU STUPID IDIOT!!!! LEAVE HIM!!!!!!!" at the savage security. Nearly stopped my heart!

Back
Top Bottom