The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 52: GOLDEN LIGHTS

How do you rate Golden Lights?

• Total voters
**5**

I gave it a 5 which I feel extremely guilty about… I blame the production entirely though, if the vocal had been left un-messed with it’d probably have worked quite nicely. It’s just odd.

Re: More voters please!

Hi there, it's a pity so few are voting on this poll.

Can't you (Mr Houdini?) possibly plug it elsewhere on the site ... the tour section maybe? It could also be that people don't realise they can still vote for all the songs. The idea is great, but with only approx. 100 voting, it renders the exercise a little redundant.

But it's not too late. I think once people start they will come back evey day ... we just need to get them going.

Good luck!

[...] with only approx. 100 voting, it renders the exercise a little redundant.

it might be, though, that only, approximately, 100 people are voting because the exercise is a little redundant.

incidentally, i give 'golden lights' a 10

Can't you (Mr Houdini?) possibly plug it elsewhere on the site ... the tour section maybe? It could also be that people don't realise they can still vote for all the songs. The idea is great, but with only approx. 100 voting, it renders the exercise a little redundant.

But it's not too late. I think once people start they will come back evey day ... we just need to get them going.

Good luck!

If people care to vote they've already registered.
I don't vote this poll because I can't rate songs.

Good luck!

I thought a lot of people voted on these polls, actually. You have to remember that this is only a small forum and NO OTHER POLLS on this site ever attract more votes, so 100 votes was more than I expected, really.

Also, if you count the vote after 50 votes and then again after 100 votes you will find that the rating hasn't really changed and won't change any further even if 1000 other people would vote in them. Again, this is why exit polls in elections are usually pretty accurate.

But some plugging on the main board or on other Moz-sites is always welcome, of course, and it will be good for the forum as well as the polls if more people would join.

I like it. It’s quirky

i have always liked this song and i don't know why it gets such bad press - surely "work is a four letter word" should get more abuse for the effect it had on the band splitting (again I like it) I think it has a very sad Morrisseyesque lyric and it was certainly different in style to the smiths jingle jangle sound .

I've never really understood the animosity towards this song. It's catchy and fun, but very lightweight. It's hardly a classic, but it's fun little b-side, and one of the more interesting cover choices. I give it a 6.

Never listen to it. It's just so entirely nondescript and unneccasary to me. It's not exactly good either. A 4.

Back
Top Bottom