The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 51: GLAMOROUS GLUE

How do you rate Glamorous Glue?

• Total voters

Houdini

While we wait for the new album to arrive, let us go about rating the songs we know, on a daily basis, and compile our own Morrissey/Smiths Top 100.
And instead of chronologically, let's do them alphabetically.

Song for Today: GLAMOROUS GLUE

Voting should be something along these lines:
10: Classic
9: Near classic, f***ing brilliant anyway
8: Really good Moz/Smiths song
7: Good Moz/Smiths song
6: Decent, OK, Nothing special
5: Uninspired
4: Poor
3: Bad
2: Should never have been released
1: He/They should be ashamed

We have a new number 1 and a new number last.
The top-50 so far (voting will remain open, click to vote):

1) Everyday Is Like Sunday, rating: 9,66
2) Bigmouth Strikes Again, rating: 9,38
3) Cemetry Gates, rating: 9,18
4) Asleep, rating: 9,04
5) First Of The Gang To Die, rating: 9,03
6) Girlfriend In A Coma, rating: 8,97
7) A Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours, rating: 8,96
8) Disappointed, rating: 8,88
9) Frankly, Mr Shankly, rating: 8,58
10) Girl Afraid, rating: 8,56
11) Back To The Old House, rating: 8,47
12) Ask, rating: 8,46
13) Come Back To Camden, rating: 8,44
14) Friday Mourning, rating: 8,33
15) Alsatian Cousin, rating: 8,31
16) Barbarism Begins At Home, rating: 8,27
17) Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together, rating: 8,21
18) Boxers, rating: 8,18
19) Ganglord, rating: 8,13
20) Death Of A Disco Dancer, rating: 7,97
21) Girl Least Likely To, rating: 7,81
22) Certain People I Know, rating: 7,78
23) A Swallow On My Neck, rating: 7,72
24) Driving Your Girlfriend Home, rating: 7,71
25) Alma Matters, rating: 7,67
26) Dear God Please Help Me, rating: 7,65
27) Billy Budd, rating: 7,57
28) Break Up The Family, rating: 7,47
29) Accept Yourself, rating: 7,39
30) Do Your Best And Don't Worry, rating: 7,34
31) Bengali In Platforms, rating: 7,29
32) Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice, rating: 7,25
33) A Song From Under The Floorboards, rating: 7,16
34) Dial-A-Cliche, rating: 7,09
35) Christian Dior, rating: 6,75
36) At Last I Am Born, rating: 6,75
37) Ammunition, rating: 6,73
38) At Amber, rating: 6,66
39) Dagenham Dave, rating: 6,63
40) Black-Eyed Susan, rating: 6,57
41) Best Friend On The Payroll, rating: 6,55
42) Cosmic Dancer, rating: 6,51
43) Asian Rut, rating: 6,48
44) East West, rating: 6,30
45) America Is Not The World, rating: 6,30
46) Ambitious Outsiders, rating: 6,30
47) Death At One's Elbow, rating: 6,26
48) Get Off The Stage, rating: 6,12
49) All The Lazy Dykes, rating: 6,08
50) Found Found Found, rating: 5,89

Last edited:
Along with Fatty...

Definitely the weakest track on Your Arsenal...

Didn't get carried over to Boxers Tour..and hasn't been heard from since...can't believe Sire considered releasing it as a single...You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side or National Front Disco would have been better choices...

Along with Fatty...

Didn't get carried over to Boxers Tour..and hasn't been heard from since...can't believe Sire considered releasing it as a single...You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side or National Front Disco would have been better choices...

I agree with you, about it being a poor choice for a single and Someone on Your Side and NFD being superior candidates. But I like the video and it seemed to be a moderate hit in America as I remember. Also Morrissey did once plan to play it later, on August 9th, 2002 in Phoenix. It was listed as a "floater" on the setlist but not played.

Last edited:
I really like this song. The Saturday Night Live version is awesome. Boz plays really cool fiils though Alain flubs the solo a little. The outro live rocks.

Back in '92. Michael Keaton hosted, there are links floating around if you haven't seen it.

Love that episode...Michael Keaton and Dana Carvey "out" Prince Charles and Wilfred Brimley...

"Prince Charles...Di's guy..Bonnie Prince Charles...Prince Charles...Queer...ABSOLUTELY Queer"

"Mr. Cocoon...Mr Quaker Oates...Stir that one up...Wilfred Brimley...QUEER...Absolutely Queer...Must be awful dusty in that closet"

I nearly died laughing on those

Along with Fatty...

When I say weakest, I definitely don't mean Bad...in fact I rated it 7 because I just don't think it's good as the rest of the album...

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side 9
Glamorous Glue 7
We'll Let You Know 8
The National Front Disco 8
Certain People I Know 8
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Succesful 7 or 8 (I can't decide)
You're The One For Me, Fatty 7
Seasick, Yet Still Docked 8
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday 9
Tomorrow 10

Pashernate Love 6
There Speaks A True Friend 6
Let The Right One Slip In 7
You've Had Her 6
Jack The Ripper 10

**9**

Should be an 8, but I'm feeling generous tonight :p

**9**

Should be an 8, but I'm feeling generous tonight :p

What's the "weakest" track on Your Arsenal? We should do polls about which songs are the weakest per album...I mean I can't give every song on Your Arsenal a 9 or a 10....and I think some are better than Fatty, We Hate It, Glamorous...The music on the album was killer but the lyrics on those three just didn't cut it for me

Along with Fatty...

Sire really didn't consider it.

I spoke with Howie Klein about it being released as a single and he said,"Why do you think its going to be a single?" So I said, well that's the UK single and he said something along the lines of "Don't get too attached as that being the next single"

And whether Mozzer likes it or not, Howie was right to make Tomorrow be the next single over Fatty. Tomorrow got lots of US MTV airplay with to different videos both getting air time. The one long single shot video and the edited up, mixed scenes video.

The biggest mistake they made in my opinion was remixing it to make it such an up front vocal rather than a more balanced song but even that didn't stop it from helping put Morrissey on the map as a solo artist in the US.

Sire really didn't consider it.

I spoke with Howie Klein about it being released as a single and he said,"Why do you think its going to be a single?" So I said, well that's the UK single and he said something along the lines of "Don't get too attached as that being the next single"

And whether Mozzer likes it or not, Howie was right to make Tomorrow be the next single over Fatty. Tomorrow got lots of US MTV airplay with to different videos both getting air time. The one long single shot video and the edited up, mixed scenes video.

The biggest mistake they made in my opinion was remixing it to make it such an up front vocal rather than a more balanced song but even that didn't stop it from helping put Morrissey on the map as a solo artist in the US.

I meant Sire considered Glamorous Glue for a single...it was in the Your Arsenal Tour book and the photo that ended up on Suedehead:Best Of Morrissey was going to be used for it...That's why a video was shot for it

LMAO...You spoke with Howie Klein...I always heard he was a putz....I remember calling KROQ demanding they play Pregnent For The Last Time and they said Howie wouldn't let them play it because Sing Your Life was The Current US single and My Love Life would be the next US one...And I asked since when does Howie Klein dictate your playlist....they used to play Hairdresser On Fire, Sister I'm A Poet and Disappointed when Viva Hate came out...They played That's Entertainment quite a bit too...it ended up being more popular on the station than Our Frank or My Love Life...Then when I called up and asked for Picadilly Palare they refused to play that too..cause it "wasn't a US Single"...this after they premeired it 1 1/2 earlier...yeah KROQ sure started to suck ass about 1991

What's the "weakest" track on Your Arsenal? We should do polls about which songs are the weakest per album...I mean I can't give every song on Your Arsenal a 9 or a 10....and I think some are better than Fatty, We Hate It, Glamorous...The music on the album was killer but the lyrics on those three just didn't cut it for me

Great idea to do polls of songs on each album :cool:

Seasick is the stongest track 10

Fatty is the weakest 7.5

Great idea to do polls of songs on each album :cool:

Seasick is the stongest track 10

Fatty is the weakest 7.5

I'll support the fatty one...

Like Seasick, but not as much as I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday or Tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom