The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 38: DON'T MAKE FUN OF DADDY'S VOICE

How do you rate DON'T MAKE FUN OF DADDY'S VOICE?

• Total voters
9-Love the song, not one of his best, per say...but one of the best of The Quarry (B-sides)....Friday Mourning and Never Played Symponies are a 10....

Maybe I'm biased cause I was a new Daddy when the song came out?

One of my favourites from the quarry era. It get's a 10 for the last minute alone, which is both ridiculous and brilliant.

really i only gave it as high rating as i did
cuz so many others seem to really like it :o
and really its just a song about a dad's voice sounding kind of weird
after he sucked too much c*ck
i think :confused:

Maybe I'm just not that kind of harlot, but I can't recall any occasion on which my voice sounded any different after engaging in oral sodomy (maybe I'm not doing it right ;) ).

This is one of those songs that works great live, but not so well on album. I think it's a pretty slight song lyrically, but I do like the "When you are young you crave affection and it can come from the strangest directions" line. I voted a 6, but now I'm regretting it... probably should be a 7.

Was so very dissapointed when he played this last when i saw him, its ok but its not what you want to hear last.

it would bother me if i heard it last. not what i want to leave with in my head. Its my least favorite of all his songs I skip it quite often, just IMHO I know other people enjoy it so yippy for them!

Solid 8. It stuck in my mind the whole time he was dealing with this throat infection ;) (Dont make fun!! He cant HELP IT!)
I like the live version on Earl's Court, esp the ending "No te divertes con pappy, No te divertes con pappy..."
"I attempt to sing my own language which very few people know about" ~Moz

was hugely disappointed when i first heard this live and it hasnt grown on me since. i gave it a 5

just doesnt come up to usual standards imho

3/10. Its just shite really. Nothing more to be said. If people gave this 10/10 waht did "There is a light...", "Hairdresser..." and "How soon...." get? 20/10?​

I loved it during the early '04 dates, but it's one of the few Moz songs that gets old pretty quick. A lowly 5 from me.

Back
Top Bottom